Note: You can buy a game anytime by selecting a reward level. Thanks for visiting!
What is this?
Pricetitution is a card game where you guess how much money it would take your friends to do absurd things. Then you can pointlessly argue and rethink all your friendships.
So how much money would it take...
Created from the conversations you already have, Pricetitution explores your ridiculous ideas, fears, philosophical arguments, and all the awkward scenarios you think up with your friends.
It's designed for 3 or more people and takes 20-30 minutes per game.
This first edition was created for adults (friends, family, etc.), but is easily adaptable for a younger audience by removing a few cards.
What's in the box?
Pricetitution was specifically designed to bring anywhere. So all components fit easily in one hand, within the price tag box.
Each game includes:
- 1 signature price tag box
- 125 price tag cards
- 6 mini-pencils
- Notepad for guesses
- The opportunity to question who you've chosen as friends
So how do you play?
It's easy. There are 4 simple steps.
Has this game been playtested?
Yes. A ton.
This game has been tested, re-tested, and optimized via hundreds of people over 18 months.
Here's what people like about it:
- KNOW ANYONE, BETTER - For both groups of best friends and complete strangers, it's one of the best ways to connect with others, period. To test that, we sent it to Match.com to play, and now they're doing a Pricetitution game night next month.
- RIDICULOUS BANTER - When two grown adults argue whether swallowing a marble leads to surgery or a rough bathroom session, things get entertaining. All the odd reasoning, defending your price, and constant discussion are what keep people playing.
- THE QUESTIONS - We wrote, edited, and rated over a thousand questions before selecting the final set. From carefully crafted poo queries to serious questions about how you'd spend your final days on earth, the range fits all personalities.
- REPEAT PLAYABILITY - Same card, different answer. Since many cards refer to the people you're with, what you're doing next week, or the last thing you ate, you can play again and again.
- FLEXIBLE RULES - Play 20 minutes or 3 hours. Modify card details based on your group. You're an adult, so we trust you with some creative license here.
"We LOVED it. The whole team was cracking up and we all felt that we got to know each other MUCH better." - Match.com
"How am I supposed to tell my friends about what's on some of these cards?" - Dan's mom
How is this made and where does my money go?
We've been designing and redesigning this ourselves to get the hand-made prototype nearly perfect. But now we're handing it off to the professionals.
We've partnered with Panda Manufacturing, one of the best game manufacturers in the world. Their clients include award-winning publishers and they're best known for producing beautifully crafted products (not in their basements). They also frequently attend game conventions such as Spiel (Essen), Origins, Gencon, and GAMA. Those mean something to some of you and nothing to the rest of you. But basically, they know what they're doing.
Your money goes towards meeting a minimum order quantity (3,000 games in this case). This covers the manufacturer's cost to prep design files, create pre-production samples, make minor edits, and then create the final "mass prototype." Then they multiply that by 3000+ while we think about how they punch all those tiny price tag holes.
The other main cost is for shipping, where we've coordinated to get you discounted rates across the board. Plus, sending you one game actually costs more than what you're charged for shipping here. But we didn't want you to get mad so we're paying some of it for you.
Got it. So what should I do?
...and these will be sent in time for the 2017 Holiday season!
By the way...who made this? Why?
A ton of people helped to make this possible and we owe a lot of favors. But here's the group that did the late nights...
Note: Final card number may vary slightly based on manufacturing weight.
Risks and challenges
This project has been in the works for over 18 months. It has undergone hundreds of hours of research, writing, designing, prototyping, and testing. Plus, since all of us live and breathe the creative industry every day (our day jobs are in advertising), we know the ins and outs of bringing a product to life.
As mentioned, we're also partnering with Panda Manufacturing to execute the rest. As they're one of the best game manufacturers in the world, we're feeling great about the partnership and overall final product.
So while this is definitely a journey and a learning process, we are very confident about our ability to make this happen. We are doing everything possible to get you the highest quality product, so please let us know if you have any questions! As we've said before, your support means a lot to us and we really appreciate it.
- Dan and the teamLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)