Memix: The Mixed-Reality Blockchain-Based Game
Memix: The Mixed-Reality Blockchain-Based Game
Memix is the world's first mixed-reality blockchain-based game that is played both in reality and on the internet. Ethereum-based!
Memix is the world's first mixed-reality blockchain-based game that is played both in reality and on the internet. Ethereum-based! Read more
What is Memix (MEMX)?
Let me just give you the highlights… Memix is a new type of game, played using the following five components:
- Memix = the brand of the game.
- The T-Shirt = the main players
- MEMX tokens = the points
- memix.io Forums = the score board
- Popular internet video sites = the game board
But it is a game that is more than the sum of its parts. Think of this game as one of the genetic-precursors to a whole new globe-spanning game genre.
FUN FACT: To start the spirit of the game, we have hidden various Easter Eggs that we allude to within the text of this Kickstarter campaign. Try to find all of them and post your results in our introduction post on the Bitcointalk forums.
How it Works:
Backers receive a Memix shirt and initial MEMX tokens to be used in a worldwide game played both socially and on the Ethereum platform.
As it currently stands, there is one overriding rule of the game:
Whomever has the majority of MEMX becomes the CryptoMaster and can create the rules of the game.
Since Tamaki Ride Limited is the current CryptoMaster, our additional rules of the game are as follows:
- The total supply of MEMX is capped at 111,111,111 Tokens (this is unchangeable as the nature of the Ethereum blockchain).
- 100,000,000 of these tokens are used as the 'contribution supply'. No more will ever be created.
- Kickstarter Backer Rewards come with bonus MEMX to help jumpstart the game. All bonus MEMX will come from the contribution supply and to validate players via Ethereum wallet addresses.
- 500,000 MEMX from the founder's supply will be distributed to various members of the community as a bounty to assist in helping this Kickstarter campaign gain traction.
- Any backer that wears the official Memix T-Shirt on Youtube, Vimeo or Twitch and if this video post hits over 10,000 views we will supply that backer with additional MEMX tokens (after judging whether the Memix logo was clearly visible for more than 10 seconds).
- For the first 10,000 views 0.5% of the remaining contribution supply will be awarded (rounded up to the nearest decimal point)
- For every next power of 10, we will provide any valid video poster with additional 0.5% of the remaining contribution supply. So 1st Tier = 10K, 2nd Tier = 100K, 3rd Tier = 1 Million etc. Each Tier can earn 0.5% of the remaining contribution supply (which depletes as rewards are given).
- We will award MEMX as points until we are not the majority owner any longer.
- Any MEMX holder that proves that they are the majority owner becomes the new CryptoMaster and can set the new rules.
- Claiming the MEMX tokens happens through simply posting the video, as proof, on our upcoming forum (memix.io).
- Valid posts (with a clearly shown Memix logo for over 10 seconds) will be rewarded in sequential order on a first-come-first-serve basis, as long as a valid wallet address is provided.
- Once another owner of an Ethereum wallet address can prove that they own more MEMX than we do, we relinquish the right of ownership of the domain name and forum to the new majority owner, and the rules of the game may change to whatever the new owner wishes.
The MEMX token is an Ethereum-based, ERC20 token that is used as points to win the game. This crypto-token has unique properties bestowed upon it:
- No fancy algorithms
- No mining, just meme-ing, miming and mimicking
- No complex, and legally grey ‘ICO’ (Initial Coin Offering)
- Instead, we are offering a simple ‘ITO’ (Initial T-Shirt Offering)
- Our token generation is the first of it's kind: Proof-of-Shirt
- Simple way to receive Ethereum-based (ERC20) tokens
- Extra Benefit! No extraneous strain on the Ethereum network during the crowdfunding as Kickstarter does all of the heavy lifting.
- Unlike ICOs, no ETH or BTC dumping!
- A new way to add fuel to existing, or up-and-coming, internet celebrities.
Memix is a experiment in how blockchain-based tokens can be used to create emergent gaming. We are pursuing a way of creating fun, social dynamics that has the potential to generate its own buzz and viral marketing. It is our hope that the social nature of this game provides the feedback loop that propels it forward in new and interesting ways. It should be fun and compelling enough to watch what happens from the sidelines, and even more engaging to play a part in the unfolding.
Help us by being a part of this experiment to see how far we can take the idea of a borderless social game through the power and promise of the blockchain!
What does Memix mean?
Massive Ethereum Multiplayer Internet Xpedition? Mixing memes? ME + MIXed (Reality)? Truth be told, after trial and error, Memix rolled off the tongue and stuck. Hopefully it does for you too.
What does the new CryptoMaster do with the domain name and forum once the game has been won?
Whatever he/she wishes to do with it. But do me a favour. Try and use your powers only for good. OK?
What type of people is this game targeted too?
Crypto-enthusiasts, Gaming Geeks, Internet Celebrities, Gunters, Adventure Vlogers, Traders, Trolls, Hackers, Anonymous, Ludologists, Satoshi Nakomoto, and anyone else who fancies to try playing a new type of game in a new type of way.
Why is the total supply set to be 111,111,111 Tokens?
Because our players are going to 'one' so much, they’re going to be so sick and tired of 'one-ing'.
Also we took a look at other popular cryptotokens such as Ethereum, Waves and Lisk and decided to aim at a similar amount.
Why are the rules so simple? Just get the majority of the coins?
“Audentes Fortuna Iuvat”, is a Latin phrase that shapes our philosophy. To be straightforward, we are expecting emergent gameplay to come about. Will parties pool together to win? Will smart contracts be written to fairly pool resources? Will players play games outside the main game for tokens? Will celebrities appear or emerge for the community to side with? We don’t know, but we’re ready to find out. What type of player will rise to the top? What will the CryptoMaster do, once the game has been won?
What ways can I generate views while wearing the T-Shirt?
Anyway you think of! Or maybe something you do will just go viral. But to get you started, here are some ideas.
- Photobomb a Congressional committee.
- Attend a basketball game in North Korea.
- Host a successful cryptocurrency video series.
- Video yourself doing extreme sports.
- Play a board game online with Wil Wheaton.
- Market crashing & partner out on the town? Post a drunken rant that evolves into meme!
Why do you choose only Youtube, Twitch or Vimeo?
“YTV?”, you say… Besides being the current CryptoMaster and having the right of setting the rules? Simply put, these sites are popular, they clearly show viewership, and have basic rules on what is appropriate or not. This makes our lives easy to ensure that the game is played fairly.
What will happen if someone uses a counterfeit T-Shirt?
Since we give MEMIX tokens with every T-Shirt, we will have the Ethereum wallet address for each T-Shirt awarded in the ITO crowdfunding (since a wallet address will need to be given to receive the MEMIX tokens that come with each T-Shirt).
We will only honour the wallet addresses that have proven to back the project with tokens for reaching the valid number of views.
What matters the most is the wallet address. This means that you could back the Shirtless Reward, receive the MEMX tokens (which will give us a record of your wallet address) and then make your own shirt. This is a perfectly valid way to play!
Can somebody win without having been an original backer with an original Ethereum wallet?
Yes. Anyone that can prove that they have the largest supply of MEMX can win the title of CryptoMaster. This is to encourage the emergent gameplay aspect.
Can a group or corporation win the right to be a CryptoMaster? Or does it need to be an individual?
There are no restrictions on who becomes a CryptoMaster, besides proving to be the owner of an Ethereum wallet that holds the MEMX tokens. Tamaki Ride Limited just happens to be a corporation that is also the very first CryptoMaster. But the next winner can be an individual, a knitting group, a world-dominating secret cabal, a DAO, or a self-aware AI with the affinity for soft-spoken passive aggressiveness. This is part of encouraging any emergent gameplay that may result.
What happens to the game once a new CryptoMaster is crowned?
We have no idea, as it would represent a new chapter in the game. We are hopeful that the new ruler is benevolent and fun, and the play continues. Considering that many of the ones joining are gamers and players, we are more than optimistic that the game will go on.
Risks and challenges
Our risks and challenges are very slight. We currently have the manufacturer for the T-Shirts ready to go, as well as the ERC20 token. The tokens can be seen at the following addresses:
Contribution Supply token address is:
Founder's Supply token address is:
Bounty Supply token address is:
The forum is nearly ready, and our moderators are prepared for the game.
Our greatest risk is that we don't receive enough visibility to have a dynamic social game.
This is why part of our MEMX is to be used as a bounty, given for marketing, to help bring attention to this idea.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)