Launch Party Decompression
Thanks for a Great Launch!
Many thanks to everyone who joined us for the launch party, to those who backed early, and to the many people who have been essential supporters of what we're doing. We wouldn't be able to do this without you :-)
The launch party isn't the only place you'll find Block Party during this campaign--we'll be at more events to come!
- Thursday 5/15 Game Sandbox at Freespace
- Saturday 5/17 Block Party demo & competition at Illusive Games AND Board Game Day at Game Empire Pasadena
- Sunday 5/18 Sunday Funday in Dolores Park, San Francisco. Come out and play with the jumbo size set of Block Party in the park! For information call/text Benjamin at 916-346-8315
- Sunday 5/25 Block Party demo at Strategicon
- Tuesdays you'll find Benjamin at Game Night in SF at Folsom street Foundry
- Wednesdays you'll find George at Board Game Night at Game Empire Pasadena
We look forward to seeing more of you and meeting new fans. It should be a fun time :-)
Spread the Word
We've received a big wave of support around the launch, and we're just getting the party started. Please share this campaign with just two people (or all of twitter ;) ). Think of friends who love patterns. Does your family have a game night? A sibling in college who loves to party? Your aesthetically inclined brain friends?
Thank you all for creating this stellar community and helping us get Block Party into the hands of more people!
Three Pixel <3,
Benjamin and George
P.S. BONUS GAME: Crossface
This one's completely unrelated but a fun game that you can play with a friend without any pieces! It's called Crossface (or XFace).
Two players named Eyes and Mouth face one another.
The person who is Eyes must mimic the other player's eyes while keeping their mouth as different as possible. The Mouth player must do the opposite (mimic mouth, make their eyes different).
Players can keep score by agreement, use a referee, or play until someone bursts out laughing or feels too awkward to continue.