Hi all, my name is Ross Bennett, we are going to be relaunching beneath in a few months and we are currently collecting as much feedback as we can for the relaunch. so any input would be great. (Good or Bad)
What we have done so far.
Additional items in the Core game
- We are going to add new monsters into the game as quite a few of people have requested this. We will be posting updates on these for you to vote for your favorites on BBG and our Facebook page.
Cost of Game
- Adding new miniatures and monster boards to the game would have initially put the prices up, but we are haggling hard with our manufacturers to ensure the cost is either kept the same or brought down without changing the quality of the game.
Cost of Shipping
- Having Our campaign on KS has opened up a few new doors and we have now teamed up with a new Shipping/ fulfilment company meaning the shipping prices will now be lower on the relaunch.
- We have a fully finished Co-op add-on to the game that we were going to release later on, but as lots of you have requested this we will be adding it to the next relaunch.
- We are now having more prototypes made so that we can send the game out to lots more reviewers, as quite a few people have said they would like to see more reviews from bigger reviewers. This will include game play Videos and How to play tutorials.
Rulebook & Spelling.
- We are currently undergoing the process of having the rules redone. as lots of people have said that its slightly too long. and not quite in the correct layout.
- We are also going to use a new editor for our campaign to ensure there are no grammatical errors on our kickstarter & the game.
- We are aiming to relaunch in a few months around Aug/Sept but that all depends on the time it takes for the new prototypes to be made and how long the new miniatures take to arrive.
Beneath is a player VS player dungeon crawling/mining board game for 2 to 4 players. Each player pits their will against each other - mining, trapping, stealing and fighting. Taking your heroic Dwarf on a quest through a series of ancient collapsed mines, buying new powerful weapons and skills. Can you stake your claim the stone throne of Stonewatch before your opponents?
- Once you have set up all your players, all maps are set out by difficulty and the first map is chosen. Your first map must be an Easy map, you may progress in difficulty as you play. Some maps have additional attributes that must be taken into consideration while playing. These will be found below the Maps backstory.
- The board is setup according to the map that has been selected, Rocks, Fires and Granite are placed in the positions shown on the map card. The map loot is also shown on the bottom right of the card, Place this in the token bag or upside down in a separate pile. The Rocks are to be stacked at the height shown at the bottom right of the map card.
- Most maps are comprised of 3 different types of structures, Rocks, Fires and Granite.
- Items like Armour, Shields and Boots must go in their corresponding positions located on the player board. Skills are to be stacked side by side. And items must go in the item slots. Some dwarfs can carry more items than others.
- Armour and shield cards give a bonus to your Armour Points. Your Dwarf may never go over there maximum Armour, Life or Movement Points shown on their player board.
- Boots give your Dwarf additional Movement Points, meaning that the dwarf can move more spaces per turn.
- Runes of healing give your Dwarf additional Life Points meaning that you can take more damage. Life Points are a little more important that Armour points as some damage can be dealt direct to your Life points and not your Armour.
- There are a few items that can be stacked, meaning you can carry more than one of them on each item slot. This will be indicated on the items card. Skills are also stacked but you may only use the highest level of each skill.
- Move, Movement is determined by the movement points shown on your player board.
- Mine, This is done by moving adjacent to a Rock stack and using the dice shown on your weapon, for every 1 rolled on the dice 1 rock is removed from the stack. Until no rocks remain on a single stack. Once you have mined a complete stack you may earn a token from the Map loot. This is to be taken at random.
If you have not mined, you will be able to attack a player / monster instead, you CANNOT do both in a single turn.
- Attack, This is done by usually moving adjacent to another player or monster and using your weapon to attack, Sometimes you may be able to attack from a distance. Dependant on your weapon and/or Skills.
- Use Skills, These can be used at any point during your turn. They must be brought from the merchant before the start of each map. Skills have different levels, in order to use a level 3 skill you must first purchase the level 1 version followed by the level 2, then level 3.
Some skills have Skill tokens indicating how many times you can use that skill inside the mine.Once you have used that skill turn the skill token upside down. Your tokens are refreshed after each map has been played.
- Use Items, These can normally be used at any point during your turn. Some items can be defensive some can be offensive and some are passive. Sometimes Items that you you think are pointless will be the ones that will turn the tide of war.
- Once you have completed your turn, play continues in a clock wise direction.
- Each Monster has their own ability and attack, which is described on the right of the Monster board. The Monster will move to the nearest dwarf and attack. If a Monster reduces a Dwarfs life points below 0 Then that dwarf is knocked out.
- The player controlling the Monster then chooses 2 Tokens from the defeated Dwarfs Backpack and adds them to his own Loot pile.
Once the Monster has completed its turn it is then the turn of the player that was controlling the monster.
- If a Monster has been killed then the player who deals the final damage earns all of the Monsters loot.
Share this FACEBOOK POST 1,000 times.
Get 500 subscribers on BoardGameGeek.
Please, keep in mind that altho 99% of the design work is finished there are still elements are a work in progress and may be perfected before the game is released. This includes minor adjustments.
Risks and challenges
Dark Hand Games LTD endeavours to become a powerhouse in the board game industry, we aim to build strong, supportive community around our games. Our ethos is the customer comes first.
We have a great relationship with our manufacturer, who are by no means new to the gaming industry. They have mentioned that their lead time is between 4-5 months after we have sent over the files.
Shipping & Fulfilment
We have set up/ working along side some great shipping and fulfilment companies around the world, this will not be the first time we have used many of them as we used them in various other side projects.
We are fairly familiar with the delays that can unexpectedly pop up, whether they be due to production, shipping or customs.
The estimated delivery date for "Beneath" is DEC 2018, but please keep in mind that this is an educated guess. Also please note that due to logistical restrictions in different countries and states, some backers may receive their pledge rewards before others. We will be doing our utmost to avoid these situations.
- (35 days)