Knock-Out! is a strategy fighting game where players beat up their friends using unregulated weaponry and look awesome while doing it.
Disclaimer: No alcohol was consumed or possessed at any any time during the production of this trailer. References to alcoholic stereotypes seen in the trailer are only meant to illustrate the fictional characters featured in Knock-Out! and do not in any way reflect the views of the IJ Team.
The name "Knock-Out!" is intended to connect the game to a boxing theme and has no relation to any illegal violence.
Music: Punching Bag by Cage the Elephant (WE LOVE YOU!) http://www.bensound.com
Knock-Out! is a strategy board game where you play as Fighters in an underground boxing ring, trying to snag the most Trophies and become the baddest Fighter on the block. You'll do this by beating up on your opponents with all sorts of unregulated weaponry - like Kittens Duct-Taped to a Katana and Explosive Foam Fingers.
All players choose a Fighter to play as. Each of the 10 Fighters has a unique ability that affects how the game is played.
Before each round begins, All players draw until they have 7 cards. What makes Knock-Out! unique though is that players can mix and match from two differently backed decks. Each with their own attack styles and strategies.
There are 4 type of cards in Knock-Out!
- Knock-Out! Is played in multiple Tournaments, each of which has 3 Rounds. In each Round, there are two phases: Moveset and Duke it Out!
- The Moveset phase is where players decide what cards they'll play during the Round. Moveset can contain various attacks, shields, and moves. You will be able to use all of these cards in any order on your turn.
- Players slide up to 3 cards into Moveslots. Every player is guaranteed at least 1 move per turn, but you receive an extra move for every slot you leave empty!
- Now it's time for players to Duke it Out! Starting with the player with the Champion's Belt, and moving clockwise, each Player takes a turn fighting. On your turn, you can use some or all of your cards from your Moveset, and move around the board using empty Moveslots (Remember that each move allows the player to move one space in any direction on the Boxing Arena, not including diagonal).
If your attack is successful you are awarded "Glory Points". The players with the most Glory Points at the end of the Tournament receive Trophies.
If you attack someone and their health drops below 0, they get knocked out. You you knock out another player 2 things could happen.
1) If the player whom you knocked out has more trophies than you then steal their trophy of lowest value.
2) If they do not have more trophies than you, take a knockout trophy worth 2 points.
Whoever has the most Trophies Points at the end of the game WINS!
Billy McLean: When you attack someone or are attacked, you can move 1 space in any direction (excluding diagonal) after calculating damage. You’re quick on your feet, and you can set up some great combos!
Lin X: At the start of each Round, Lin X can place 4 Shock Mines on any empty square of the Arena. If a Fighter steps on a Shock Mine, they take 2 Damage. Once destroyed, it may be immediately replaced on the board. Lin X does not activate the Shock Mines.
Luna and Francis: Luna and Francis play as two separate controllable characters. Francis (Luna’s pet fish) cannot be targeted by attacks, but can attack other people, giving these Fighters the ability to surprise and surround their enemies. Luna and Francis share the same Moveset, but cards can only be used once. For each Moveslot left empty (plus the base move of 1), Luna and Francis can each move one space.
Victoria Bell: You never know what to expect when living on the farm. Whenever you attack or get attacked, you may choose to draw from your Feast/Famine deck. Each card is split into two sections (attack and defense) based on when you choose to use it. Read and follow the ability. Most abilities are good, but a couple are bad, so there is a risk in drawing a card at a key moment!
Savannah Sun: Savannah is a mystical seer and can predict the future of the fight. After all Movesets are created, Savannah can look at one card from each player's Moveset. Savannah can then change her own Moveset to counter what she saw.
Sean Vance: Sean is an expert card player and can always find a way to cheat and give himself an advantage. Sean always has 9 cards in his hand instead of 7. In addition, whenever Sean draws, he may choose to discard one card draw a new one.
Tim The Zombie: A bratty child in life, Tim is now a festering reanimated annoyance to everyone around him. Whenever a Fighter gets Knocked Out, Tim eats their brains and gains 5 Health. In addition, if a Fighter ends their turn next to Tim, they get scratched and take 1 damage.
- $40,000: Champions Belt game piece
- $50,000: Embossed box
- $75,000: Gold foil legendary cards
- $100,000: Francis minifigure
- $120,000: 25 New cards in base game
Find us on Social Media!
Facebook: Interactive Jeans
Risks and challenges
Since this is our first project, we recognize that this is a learning process for us. However, through our many connections in the board game community and our relentless work ethic, we ensure our backers will receive our game promptly and in outstanding quality.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)