This project's funding goal was not reached on April 10, 2013.
About this project
Synergy is two or more things functioning together to produce a result not independently obtainable. The term synergy comes from the Greek words synergia συνεργία from synergos, συνεργός, meaning "working together".
To produce a quality product that will give us the ability to have 2 separate items, the Apple Wireless Keyboard and the iPad, work and live in harmony.
I spent many frustrating months searching for the "Perfect" case to hold my iPad, Apple Keyboard and Stylus and could not find the right match. This prompted me to design my own folio.
At this time, there are numerous Wireless Keyboard/iPad case combinations available. The main problem is the keyboards are all reduced in size to match the width of the iPad. This reduction shrinks the overall dimensions of the keyboard and never really gives us the proven and secure feel we get when using the original Apple Wireless Keyboard. Additionally, some of the cases do not let you place the iPad in the Portrait position, the perfect position for typing or e-book/magazine reading.
The majority of reviews (http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/9/3229047/best-ipad-keyboard) of wireless keyboards have always picked the Apple Wireless keyboard as the category winner; therefore, I designed the FlipKase Folio to complement the sleek design of the Apple keyboard and iPad.
The FlipKase Keyboard Folio is designed to enable you to easily carry the iPad, Keyboard and Stylus with you, without feeling weighed down or limited in your ability to be productive. The FlipKase Folio will enhance your tablet experience and bring you to next level of positive productivity.
Realizing that aesthetics as well as practicality are of prime importance when designing a new product, the FlipKase Keyboard Folio was designed from the ground up and will incorporate all of the essential features below:
- Auto iPad On/Off
- Compact Size and Thin Profile
- Keyboard Retention Clips - the keyboard securely snaps into place or can be removed and used in a different position.
- iPad retainer band with guides - an elastic band and side retainer guides securely hold the iPad in place when not in use. The elastic band also protects the perimeter of the iPad from the little feet on the bottom of the keyboard.
- "Wrist Rest" padded area when typing.
- 2 Angle Positions for iPad
- Cushioned storage area for iPad.
- "Auto-Cover" for keyboard on/off button when folio is closed (keyboard will not turn on by accident when stored in back pack or tote).
- Compatible with the iPad 2, iPad 3 and the latest iPad 4.
- iPad can be used in Landscape or Portrait position.
- High Quality Construction.
- Stylus Holder.
- Professional look and feel.
- Dimensions: 11.5" Wide X 9.0" Deep X 1.25" H (At thickest point)
- Approximate Weight; 1.0 lb.
FlipKase Folio Specs:
All costs have been calculated, the manufacturer has been chosen and everything is in place to proceed. The most important thing I need is your help. This is where you, KICKSTARTER fans, can help me bring this awesome product to life!
The dollars raised will be utilized for the following:
- Mold fabrication for the plastic retainer rod (to snap the keyboard into position).
- Additional prototyping costs before final approval for production.
- Actual production of a minimum of 1,000 units.
- Shipping to U.S.
- Fulfillment, Shipping & Handling to all the Kickstarter backers.
Once we have reached our Kickstarter goal I will begin the production process. My past experience in launching new products, manufacturing and retail will guarantee a great, new, innovative product that you will be excited to always have at your side.
Once you start production, how long will it take to get my FlipKase Keyboard Folio?
Tooling will take 4-6 weeks, manufacturing will take 4-6 weeks and shipping to the U.S. will take 3-4 weeks.; bringing the total time to approximately 12-18 weeks. The sooner we get funded, the sooner we get started, the sooner you get your FlipKase.
Risks and challenges
With any project there can be obstacles, especially if production is overseas.
Quality control, bad weather conditions or political instability can create production or shipping delays. A shortage of manufacturing parts can also cause delays.
I carefully select my strategic partners overseas to mitigate the risks outlined above. I have had a long term relationship with the supplier chosen to produce the FlipKase Keyboard Folio and their performance to date has been flawless.
My experience in overseas manufacturing and production as well as the use of established manufacturing plants have given me the experience necessary to solve and overcome these "bumps in the road" associated with introducing new products.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
No. You can purchase the Keyboard at any Apple Store or via the web.
- (45 days)