City ‘Lasses: Original Drinks Featuring Blackstrap Molasses
Why isn't everyone nuts about blackstrap molasses? It's healthy, it's cheap and it's real food. It's a less-sweet sweetener that's loaded with iron, potassium and calcium. There's no other sweetener like it on shelves anywhere. Really. None. But how do you get it into your diet?
City 'Lasses has the answer. Our mission is to bring Blackstrap to you in original, delicious, healthy drinks.
We've been creating recipes and testing them on friends and relatives for a year. We have a great opportunity to reach our first customers at the Brooklyn Flea, an incredible outdoor market for vendors and small food producers. We're working on a shoestring budget and need your support.
All City 'Lasses drinks offer a tasty and natural way for folks to get iron and other essential minerals into their diets. The drinks are an enjoyable, affordable treat for everyone, especially vegans and pregnant and nursing women whose iron needs are greater than most. Natural electrolytes make our drinks a great way to hydrate before or after exercise. So far, we plan to sell:
- Switzel, a modern twist on a historical recipe that's nutritious and hydrating.
- Switzel Energy, spiked with bracing black tea and an extra ginger kick.
- Switzel-V, a vegan version with agave nectar.
- Switzel-G, loaded with extra ginger for real ginger fans.
- MoMilk, a delicious alternative to sugary flavored milks and coffee drinks.
Why We Need Support
To bring our yummy Blackstrap drinks to the public, we need to invest in equipment, including a commercial juicer, pots, thermometers, dispensers and coolers. Your investment will also help us cover a season of packaging and vendor's fees.
Our Commitment to You
Our products are healthy and our project is environmentally and socially responsible. Here's how:
- Sourcing ingredients locally and/or organically
- Using recyclable, compostable & reusable packaging
- Discounting drinks for customers who bring their own containers
- Supporting local artists and designers by featuring their work in our project.
Thanks for considering the 'Lasses!
Support this project
- (30 days)