WE REACHED OUR FUNDING GOAL (and then some)!
A new Australian cookware industry is born.
Thank you Kickstarter, and thank you to all our wonderful backers: it was your support that made Australian manufacturing history here!!
With the Kickstarter project closed, all current details for SOLIDTEKNICS Fonte™ pans and tools for cooks will be available on our website: www.solidteknics.com
For guidance on where to buy SOLIDTEKNICS Fonte™ cookware after Kickstarter: www.solidteknics.com/where-to-buy
To keep up with launches of all our new innovations (we have lots of cool cook’s equipment under development), please sign up to follow our email newsletters (not frequent, and managed by the safe and reliable MailChimp). This will be our primary means of contacting followers in future: www.solidteknics.com/contact
A lot of our fastest/funnest news updates will be sent via Facebook and Twitter, so please like/follow:
For advice on seasoning and caring for Fonte™ and cast iron pans in general, see: www.solidteknics.com/australian-fonte-pan-detail
Thank you again and Happy Cooking!
Mark, Rebecca, Natasha and the SOLIDTEKNICS Team
- 24cm diameter (inside rim)
- French-style sauteuse body, not traditional skillet (rounder walls)
- 6.5cm high (deeper than average cast iron skillets)
- 46cm total length (fits inside standard 60cm oven)
- Weight 2.5kg (yes, not light, but not crazy, and worth every ounce in cooking performance!)
- Works on any stove heat source (including induction).
- 100% safe in oven (one piece of solid Australian iron) (but always remember to shield your hand from the handle heat after oven).
- Special smoothing process on inside bottom for improved nonstick cooking (without synthetic coatings)!
The key question: 'Why should you support a FONTE(TM) Tough Love pan here on Kickstarter?'
1. Rare 'FIRST EDITION' Sauteuse pan only available to Kickstarter backers: If you back our Fonte™Sauteuse pan project you will own the best collector’s edition of them all: FIRST Edition! Each pan is actually cast with words 'FIRST EDITION' on bottom, but only for this first production run for our Kickstarter backers (see prototype pic below). Also cast with the exact casting date. Rare, collectible family heirloom, and only available until Sept 21.
2. For their world-leading technical awesomeness, not just because they're Australian: Fonte™ pans have the strongest set of features available in a cast iron pan today:
>>>> Love handles! The most comfortable ergonomic/dynamic handles ever put on a cast iron pan. Long and broad where it counts for more comfort and control, and cooling gap for minimal heat transfer to hand.
>>>> French savoire-faire: French sauteuse pan body (deeper and rounder than a skillet) developed by Australian mechanical engineer Mark Henry from his long experience in the chef equipment industry, including extensive experience in France developing equipment for French chefs.
>>>> Clean and safe cooking, even at high temperatures: Naked, honest cast iron, lightly pre-seasoned at the foundry. Trusted for centuries for safe cooking and rapidly regaining popularity with serious cooks around the world, and booming again particularly in the USA. Simple cleaning and seasoning maintenance (see http://www.solidteknics.com/australian-fonte-pan-detail) gives natural corrosion resistance and non-stick. Slow braise or sear at high temp without concern for synthetic non-stick coatings.
3. Because ancient wisdom often still holds true: Fonte™ pans are advanced cookware engineering, but cast iron has been trusted for many centuries for its food safety and cooking ability. More cast iron benefits here: www.solidteknics.com/blog/whats-old-is-new-againthe-benefits-of-ancient-wisdom-are-cast-in-iron
4. Trust in the best of Aussie capability: Partnering with Australia’s best production foundry (strict materials control and world-class automation/quality/efficiency) for the new purpose of pro-level cookware, 100% MADE IN AUSTRALIA.
5. Don’t just buy a pan, invest in a family heirloom: Fonte™ pans are so tough they will no doubt be passed down through many generations. No need to state a warranty expiry: these solid one-piece iron pans will last for centuries. And of course we'll replace anything defective......no matter which century it was purchased in!
6. Help create SOLID cookware history: If you want to the pride in being a real part of launching a whole new Australian cookware industry we need your backing to fund the expensive moulds and first production (with large minimum order quantity) and launch our fledgling business, SOLIDTEKNICS.
Secure your collectible heirloom
Don't just take our word for it!
Rebecca summarises Mark's 'complicated' history in 46s flat!
Chef Alex from Dijon Cooking Classes, France, chats with Mark about his Fonte™ pan impressions.
THE KEY FONTE (TM) PROJECT GOALS:
1. Breakeven and raise enough funding to cover very expensive Australian-made production moulds, and achieve our foundry’s (large) minimum production quantity for our history-making first edition of Fonte™ pans. Because the prototypes worked so well (see photos), we made the big decision to commit to full production moulds to reduce delivery time for our Kickstarter backers.
2. Give back to the community by contributing significant funds to one of our most-loved charities, the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation. Funds go toward their vital work educating our schoolkids about good food..
3. Show that our innovative designs, kitchenware philosophies and business values are important enough, to enough cooks, to launch and grow our new Australian business to continue spreading the love worldwide: see the fledgling business SOLIDTEKNICS.
Support us by backing a Fonte™ pan now, so we can fund the moulds and production and prove we’re ready to expand SOLIDTEKNICS to the next level!
THE FONTE (TM) PROJECT TIMELINE:
1. Now until September 21, 2014 project deadline: spread the word as quickly and widely as possible, with the help of our old network and our new friends on Kickstarter. Finalise packaging. EXCEED PLEDGE TARGET!
2. October 15: Cast entire special FIRST EDITION production run at Australia's best production foundry. Commence packing and shipping Fonte™ First Edition Sauteuse pans.
3. October 30: All pans on their way to their new homes, and closest customers start receiving them. Social media buzzing when new Fonte™ owners first cook with them, discover what we know, then post their reviews and videos. All as positive as our pre-launch chef feedback we trust!
All the hard work has been done, and we've reached our funding goal, so a whole new cookware industry for Australia is born!
If you like….no, if you LOVE….what we’ve done with the Fonte™ 'Tough Love' pans here on Kickstarter, please tell all your food-mad, cooking-nuts friends that you’ve found the finest cast iron pans available today, they're made in Australia and retailers can be found at www.solidteknics.com/where-to-buy
Thank you and Happy Cooking!!
Mark, Rebecca, Natasha and the Solidteknics Team
FONTE DEVELOPMENT STORY IN PICTURES:
Risks and challenges
On the scale of products and businesses I’ve launched, this is certainly at the low risk end. After decades in the chef equipment industry and a long R&D process, I’m very confident the product is the best it can be, for all the reasons listed in the project detail. The pre-production samples have been extensively tested and are better than imagined. We've committed to production moulds (almost finished at time of writing), and everything is set to make the first production run at a very large, reputable and long-established Australian foundry. If our backers allow us reach our target, the funds will be quickly applied to the mould cost and production will be on time (barring 'acts of God'!), as promised by our factory and by us.
Mark HenryLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (59 days)