***AUGUST 28th, 2019 - Message to new potential backers coming in***
***A "What You Get" summary, arranged by pledge level, is HERE.***
Hello, and thank you for visiting our Kickstarter page! A lot has already happened since our campaign launched, so here is some info to catch you up:
- Project was successfully funded in 1.5 hours
- 21 Additional Stretch Goal Sets + 10 Bosses Have Been Unlocked! They can be seen below in the campaign details.
- ALL Planned Stretch Goals have been UNLOCKED!
- Two Surprise Stretch Goals Were Added: $16K and $17K. Read more about them HERE.
- We'll be hosting a livestream to answer any questions Thursday, 8/29/19 from 4PM - 7PM EST. Find more details HERE.
We're truly grateful for your interest and support. If you have any questions please message us and we'll respond as soon as we can. Thank you again!
Danny & Team
"A journal has been found? From the Prime Age? ...Could it truly be?"
The Lost Adventures have now been found.
The Lost Adventures is a different kind of 3D miniature Kickstarter that includes a collection of premium 3D printable miniatures, terrain, and props along with RPG adventures + maps created specifically for those 3D printable models, making it easier than ever to use what you print with minimal planning required.
This Kickstarter is MUCH more than just 3D models—it includes everything you need to bring your games to life:
- Themed 3D Printable Miniatures & Scatter Terrain
- "The Verdant Queen" Level 1-5 Adventure (with 10 Encounters) - 5E Compatible
- Printable, High-Detail Maps
- 3D Printable Props
Each pledge is delivered as an STL pack for your home 3D printer along with the additional digital pledge rewards.
Our goal with this Kickstarter is to make models that are a joy to 3D print, fun to paint, easy to use for games, and that tell a story on their own. We want your players' jaws to drop when you put these sculpts down on the table—and we want to create RPG content that makes it easier for you and your players to fall in love with the things you 3D print by helping you use them more.
We've made a core set of models, terrain, and the full adventure—but we need your help to keep going!
We are kickstarting funds to make even more encounters, more maps, more scatter terrain—and even more minis. The more we raise, the more backers will receive in response—and the more we can continue providing high-quality minis at an affordable price to our community.
The scatter terrain in this free sample set was made free thanks to Mia Kay who shares her work for free, and posts tutorials, and is a positive impact in our community. You can learn from her and follow her here: https://www.patreon.com/M3DM/posts
*Every Stretch Goal unlock is voted on by backers and selected from the renders & concepts in the Stretch Goal section below*
Click Below For The Following Galleries:
- Unprimed Resin Test Prints
- Unprimed FDM Test Prints
- Full Gallery of these renders in HD for closer detail inspection
[To see a full gallery of these renders in HD for closer detail inspection click HERE]
Each of the 10 core encounters will have a high-resolution map made for it—for home printing, digital tabletops, or your own personal reference. Every unlocked stretch goal also unlocks a new map as well!
In many cases, we're using the actual assets (i.e. 3D models) we've created to make it easy for 3D printing DMs to be able to know EXACTLY where scatter should go—taking the guessing out of it!
Prefer theater of the mind? No problem. You'll still have a list of minis & scatter terrain to reference for each encounter to know what to print for the encounter and a beautiful map for a little inspiration!
Each of the 10 core encounters will have a prop associated with it. A prop could be a piece of equipment that a monster drops, an environmental clue, or a physical representation of something in-game like a key. Every unlocked stretch goal also unlocks a new prop as well (just like the maps)!
As a part of the adventure, we're including 4 pre-generated characters with backstory tie-ins to the region to help players connect with the adventure tie-ins in an easy way without needing to go through books and books of lore and background.
These pre-generated character sheets will help new players easily jump into the adventure and instantly connect with the Hero minis included in the Lost Adventures Kickstarter.
ALL (yes, all - $1+) Backers will get an exclusive model FOR FREE just for supporting our campaign! Consider it a thank you gift from the bottom of our hearts :)
1. Everything You Need—In One Kickstarter: Regardless of whether you just want minis to 3D print, or want to print EVERYTHING for your group—the Lost Adventures has all you need to bring a new level of immersion to your group with the help of your 3D printer (or printers if you're as addicted as we are!)
2. Less Game Prep Time—More Hobby & Play Time: 3D Printing is even more fun when you can share your prints with others—both in play and on display. We made The Lost Adventures so you can have something to print every week, and have a way to actually use it with minimal effort!
3. Consistent Style, Scaling, and Proportions: Sometimes scaling in your slicer isn't enough and it's really nice to have a group of minis that FEEL like they belong together and have similar proportions. This was a core goal of this project—and we stuck to an average 30mm mini size in height, with bases that fit standard 5th edition monster size scaling (or proportions that scale down when not on standard 5E base size).
4. Dynamic Poses in Printable Proportions: We did our best to focus on dynamic poses with printable proportions. While some prints might be more challenging—we've tested them to ensure they still print to our standard in both FDM and resin.
5. A Healthy Mix of Supportless, Support-Optimized, and Dynamic Models: Many of these models don't require any slicer supports, and/or are support-optimized—meaning they require minimal supports compared to many other models on the market. In most sets—at least one of the models does not require slicer-generated supports.
6. Tested in both FDM and Resin: We have a team of testers and test print everything in both FDM and Resin to make sure everything is ACTUALLY printable.
7. A Focus on Versatility & Fun: We've made (and will make) models with a focus on reusable models with the occasional set piece—and with a focus on models that are fun to print and paint.
And yes...minis fit in all of the trees :D
8. Backer-Driven Stretch Goals:
Just like with The Lost Dragons, backer agency is extremely important to us. Instead of telling you which minis we're going to release for stretch goals, we're going to let YOU choose which minis you get at each milestone! No matter how much we raise—this will make sure you get the favorites instead of getting stuck with minis the backer community didn't particularly want.
9. A Truly Community-Driven Approach:
Almost all of the contributors, collaborators, and artists working on this project came from within the tabletop 3D printing community. It's why we don't hide who we work with: This campaign, and community, wouldn't be possible without them. You can see their names at the bottom of each of the sculpt sets and at the bottom of this Kickstarter page as well.
We made it a special effort to work with artists within our community to support others within our community, but also to help spread the amazing work they do and help others see the quality of their sculpts.
You never know...you may find your new favorite 3D sculptor after seeing, printing, and playing with their sculpts in The Lost Adventures :)
All of our designs (even the scatter terrain) are made with playability AND 3D printability in mind. Take our trees for example: All 5 trees are made with special pre-designed supports requiring no slicer supports, and canopies with a carefully designed rim on the inside that makes them sit perfectly on top of tree trunks (even with minis inside of them). Beautiful, ain't it?
Models Made For Each Other. All of our minis, scatter terrain, maps, and encounters are made for each other - so you can play with confidence (and impress your players at the same time!)
Variants With The Extra Effort. Regardless whether it's a tree variant or a miniature variant - we've added special details to each to make them feel special (even if it's just a repose for more versatility).
*ALL Planned Stretch Goals have been unlocked! THANK YOU!*
How Stretch Goals Work: Every $5000, a new stretch goal was unlocked and every $15,000 we unlockd a new boss monster stretch goal.
Every non-boss stretch goal also brings the following extras not reflected in the stretch goals list:
- A new encounter (side quest, mini-dungeon, stand-alone encounter, etc.)
- A new 3D printable prop
- Additional scatter terrain (related to the encounters)
Additional props and scatter terrain will be related to the new encounters—and just like with Lost Dragons, we wanted to get encounter ideas from backers inspired by the minis that unlock throughout the campaign.
Backers Choose Which Sets Get Unlocked:
One of the most exciting, and fun, parts of this campaign is allowing BACKERS to be in control of the stretch goal unlocks! We'll show you what we've made (or concept art if it hasn't been made yet) and you tell us what you'd like to unlock! The most popular choices are selected—meaning the most popular sets are guaranteed to be included (no matter how much we raise).
[TO SEE A FULL HD & COLORED GALLERY OF LOCKED STRETCH GOAL RENDERS CLICK HERE]
It wouldn't be a 3D Printed Tabletop Kickstarter if there wasn't a few epic monster concepts waiting to be made, and The Lost Adventures is no exception. These concepts are for the Boss Monsters that are unlocked every $15K that will be backer-voted just like the regular stretch goal unlocks.
If you missed the Lost Dragons Kickstarter—don't worry! We have an exclusive deal just for you: Just add $60 to your pledge and you will receive a Lost Dragons Bundle (almost everything in the original Lost Dragons Kickstarter) at the original Kickstarter price!
Delivery of Lost Dragons Bundles occur after successful confirmation of pledges (approximately 2-3 weeks after the Kickstarter end date).
For an itemized list of everything that comes included in the Lost Dragons Bundle, go HERE.
To make everything in this Kickstarter that we've made so far...it took the work of over 30 artists and creatives working together in one capacity or another. Not even including our immediate team.
I wanted to recognize every collaborator's contribution in this wonderful project—as they're all a part of why this project has turned out the way it has.
In addition: Many of our artists have Patreons, are on Thingiverse, or share/sell their work online in one way or another.
If you like some of the sculpts you've seen here, find more of their work below (in alphabetical order):
Miniature Painting & Social Media
- Brent Amberger (Goobertown Hobbies): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOviJ8lr6PHli_PjCH0a-4g
- Luke Fellows (LukesAPS): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmD5774MOQhjYBkXqu3Jdw
- Emil Nyström (Squidmar Miniatures): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDvZTWvHZPTxJ4K1yTD2a1g
- Chris Spotts (The Spotted Painter): https://www.facebook.com/thespottedpainter/
- Artisan’s Guild: https://www.patreon.com/ArtisanGuild/posts
- Ryan Beasecker (Hero’s Hoard): https://www.heroshoard.com/
- Artem Bespalov: https://artemb.art/
- Joshua Black: https://www.artstation.com/axis213
- Ronald Bondoc: https://www.artstation.com/rondoc_bondoc
- Manuel Boria: https://www.patreon.com/Manuel_Boria
- Juan Pedro Campuzano (Deadly Print Studio): https://deadlyprintstudio.com/
- Evan Carothers (EC3D): https://www.facebook.com/ec3ddesigns
- Cast ‘N Play: https://www.patreon.com/castnplay/posts
- Scott Delorme (Comet Lord Miniatures): https://www.patreon.com/CometLordMiniatures/posts
- Sebastiano Di Grazia: https://www.artstation.com/nello_design
- James Dorrington: https://www.artstation.com/jamesdorrington
- Pinyo Gulashart (Dark Realms): https://www.patreon.com/darkrealms
- David Higgins (MinIGrinder Studio): https://mgstudio.myshopify.com/
- Devon Jones (OpenForge/MasterWork Tools): https://www.patreon.com/masterworktools/posts
- Mia Kay (M3DM): http://www.m3dmprints.com/
- Sławek Kościukiewicz (Laser Shark): https://www.artstation.com/sawekkociukiewicz
- Stanislav Kunetsov (Onmioji): https://www.patreon.com/onmioji
- Cross Lances: http://www.crosslances.net/
- Eder Lindorfe: https://lindorfe.artstation.com/
- Antoine Marchildon (Forbidden Prints): https://www.instagram.com/forbidden_prints
- Max Maurel: http://maxmaurel.fr/portfolio/portfolio/
- Will McKay: https://www.patreon.com/themakerscult
- Nick Roavakis (Crippled God Foundry): https://www.crippledgodfoundry.com/
- Jon Robelia: https://cults3d.com/en/users/RobagoN/
- Lee Stansbury: https://www.artstation.com/zerafian in association with Archvillian Games https://archvillaingames.com/
- Timothy Stetson: https://www.artstation.com/zbrush_hero
- Vae Victis Miniatures: https://www.patreon.com/vaevictisminiatures
- Diego Lorente: https://www.artstation.com/diegollorente
- Olie Boldador: https://www.artstation.com/olieart
- Moniek Schilder: https://monschi.artstation.com
- Daniel Riise: https://www.artstation.com/danielriise
- Cameron DeFord (Pregen design)- In association with Critical Crafting
- William Shain (Dorian Morkoth Design)- In association with Critical Crafting
See what others in the community are saying about The Lost Adventures:
Click the thumbnails below to watch—and be sure to leave a comment and let them know what YOU think!
Chris Spotts, The Spotted Painter:"Some of the best looking 3d printed sculpts I've had the pleasure to work with. They're a great balance of detail and realism and are just fun to paint."
New to 3D printing and want to learn more about printing miniatures and terrain for tabletop games? Join our community and ask away! I promise you can do it :)
Risks and challenges
We've succesfully run and managed one Kickstarter before, and since then we've grown our team to be able to work more efficiently on this Kickstarter - minimizing the risk to you as a potential backer. Additionally, we've completed all of the core sculpts - and in most cases need minor tweaking. This means, AT THE VERY LEAST, all of the core models will be delivered on time according to the estimated delivery dates.
Potential delays for stretch goal development might come up because of modeler availability, but we've worked with over 30+ artists to accomplish what we have so far with this Kickstarter - and we have full confidence that we can continue according to our timelines if need be.
Just as with our last Kickstarter: If we're going to be missing any date for any reason, I'll continue to be as transparent as possible with backers and the community just like I've been since Day 1 on 3D Printed Tabletop across all social media.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)