Hi, I am Vlad, a founder of 3DPassion.com. Welcome to my Nova project!
I want to introduce you to the result of an entire year of development – Nova
And What is Nova?
- slomo during first tests, sound on. Fanless heatsink cools from fast motion! 300mm/s!
Nova is a high performance 3D Printer hotend that is compatible with the most 3D printers you already own!
Here are some of the key features on this new hotend:
- Print at high flow at 300+ mm/s speeds thanks to a thermal design that works!
- Nope, no catch here. It's not limited to 0.1 layers, this speed was tested with 0.25 layer height and 0.5 nozzle.
- And no, you don't need special extruder either. All tests were intentionally conducted on popular hardware that most of you already use.
- Nova is literally clog-proof. If you manage to clog it, please share your secret!
- 280mm/s demo. 0.5 nozzle. 0.2 layer height. Fanless!
- Up to 80% less active cooling is required. Allows to reduce fan speed and eliminate all the noise.
- Fully modular design. Every component is customizable according to your budget and your specific needs. Printing PLA? Choose a stock version. Suddenly feel like going watercooled? Got you covered! Keep the existing hotend and get a quick add-on without breaking the bank.
- EasyLevel. Hotend height is easily adjustable for multi-extruder setups.
- QuickSwap. Quickly change print cores in under 1 minute without having to replace the entire hotend.
- No cheap parts, no settling for less, no BS. Every component is produced with only performance and quality in mind, not our bottom line.
- Smaller thinner titanium heatbreaks do the job 2x better.
- Smaller thinner nozzles because why not!
- Improved 60-80-100 Watt heaters, 500C rated. Let's heat things up!
- Reach 210C in under 20 seconds!
- Reach 500C in under 50 seconds!
- Shorter sturdier hotend to make sure there is no play at the tip
- PEEK enabled - print at up to 500C, easy!
Ready to jump in?
Before you do, check out these sweet add-ons to add more fun to your Nova Hotend experience!
*in order to add any of these add-ons, simply add the price amount to your pledge total.
**base Nova pledge is required.
Post-campaign upgrades (scheduled for May 2019):
- Improved optional copper heatsink with ThermalGrip
- ThermalGrip - ensures maximum contact area for maximum thermal transfer.
- Comes with 40mm silent fan
- Optional H2O Cooling block with ThermalGrip
- Comes with connectors and tubes, pump is not included.
- Tungsten Carbide Nozzles
- Best of all worlds!
- Will come in 0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 sizes.
And before you scroll back up...
Here is another speed printing demo; original sound was intentionally left intact to show that video speed has not been modified.
- Print settings: 260mm/s, 0.2mm layer height, 0.5mm nozzle, no heatsink fan!
Risks and challenges
We have been working on this product for the last 6 months and went through 5 prototype iterations. I am very confident about what Nova can do as it was running non stop during last 45 days on test machine with no issues and showing great results.
The is a small chance that early bird delivery may shift from second half of march into early April, as we are a week late with this campaign launch due to holidays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)