About this project
We're here on Kickstarter asking for your help funding the development of three 3D-printable, kaiju-inspired monsters from the planet Filamento! This is a new line of characters in our 3D-printable Quin Universe. (#QuinSaga) To date with a lot of help from supporters like you, we've created Quin, NiQ, Boon, and RukiBot. ...We hope these 3 monsters will be the next round of creations from 3DKitbash.com! - Now on with the story...
Monsters are teleporting through 3D printers and we need your help to destroy them!
To fight these monster, designate your 3D printer as a "Landing Zone!" By working together and printing the monsters all over the planet we will diffuse their energy and cause the beasts to print at manageable (fightable) sizes. The more 3D printers on our side, the better!
After many sleepless nights watching the longe-range scanner we now have a clear look at the incoming creatures! - Here's what we know so far...
- CLASS: 2.0 Atmospheric Assault
- Height: 3 Meters / Wingspan: 7 Meters / Weight: 1 Ton
A very fast and maneuverable creature, Tonpink is often utilized as a scout or early assault unit for the monster swarms. He's not very big in size, but his ability to quickly and accurately teleport, while also delivering attacks, make him a devastating creature to encounter. Special Chef's Note: His claws can be harvested to eat.
Tonpink's Special Attacks
- Teleportation: Has the ability to teleport through 3D printers. He can also teleport freely within non-digital environments very quickly.
- Psionic Ping: Can vibrate and clang claws to confuse and disorient nearby units.
- Vacuum Slash: Can swipe claws with such speed that a ripple vacuum is formed and thrown as a projectile. This can stun and/or rip apart on contact with target.
- Ejectable Limbs: Has ability to readily release a wounded or captured limb. Limbs can regenerate and can be used as a projectile.
- CLASS: 3.5 SIEGE Tank
- Height: 30 Meters / Weight: 16,000 Tons
Be it swimming in a choppy sea or lumbering across an active battlefield, Murkagon is a walking fortress! Often used as a 'tenderizer' by his monster comrades, Murkagon is often sent into a battle zone early due to his high resilience to external assaults and ability to continuously release debilitating attacks that aide the other monsters.
Murkagon's Special Attacks
- Teleportation: Has the ability to teleport through 3D printers. He can also teleport freely within non-digital environments, although somewhat slowly.
- Mega Ton Tongue: Tongue can be used as a battering ram to destroy fortifications and buildings.
- Acidic Gut Gas: Can release large clouds of acidic burps that linger in the air and cause ongoing damage and impairments.
- MEGA Electro Pulse: Can release a huge electromagnetic pulse that can effectively wipe out any unprotected electronics. This attack (at this size) can cause confusion in fellow monsters.
- CLASS: 5.0 Destroyer
- Height: 48 Meters / Length: 105 Meters / Weight: 22,000 Tons
We don't know much about Gankra at the moment...He was not an inhabitant of Filamento before the initial assault to find Quin. We do know that he's vicious, big, and holds a command-like position within the enemy ranks. He will often direct attacks and wait for the target to become compromised, before moving in himself to finish the job. From what we can tell, this is a very intelligent and calculating beast.
Gankra's Special Attacks
- Teleportation: Has the ability to teleport through 3D printers. He can also teleport freely within non-digital environments, although slowly.
- Stun Stomp: Can release a pulse of energy (triggered by a stomp) that can stun nearby creatures. Not effective on flying units.
- Bone Shards: Can launch jagged shards by whipping his tail and boney spikes at the opponent.
- Shock Skin: Skin can be electrified to deter physical attacks.
- Electro Pulse: Can release an electromagnetic pulse that can effectively wipe out any unprotected electronics.
- Fusion Blaze: Gankra's body will begin to glow ominously before he lets loose with a concentrated blast of electromagnetic radiation from his mouth.
Here is a scan of Gankra's skull... Niq and Boon managed to get this before escaping.
Additional Points Of Interest About These Monsters:
- Monsters parts can 3d print within 100x100x100 mm space
- Some monster parts will be useable by other #QuinSaga characters
- Monsters will feature hinged jaws
- Monsters will feature multiple points of articulation
- Monsters will 3d print without support materials needed
From here on out it's all about watching and waiting to see how this plays out. Start stockpiling your ammo and sharpening your pointy things... because the belligerent beasts will be here before you know it. ...and that's when everything might change. So get ready!
If you feel that you're going to need additional help fighting the beasts, please refer to the higher backer levels. There you will be able to have a selection of the #QuinSaga characters assist you with the coming fight.
Choose the ASSAULT SQUAD LEVEL and you will receive All 3 Monsters, RukiBot, and Boon at your location!
....or choose the MONSTER ATTACK PACK LEVEL, and you'll intercept All 3 Monsters, plus RukiBot, Boon, Quin, and NiQ will arrive to help you battle the beasts! Quin and NiQ will each come in their "To Infinity" gear, complete with jet packs, ray guns, and plenty of ports for utility pins - a deluxe setup!
These new monsters are Quin's evil adversaries, and they're coming to spice up the story-line! Each monster will be an original design, created by Quincy Robinson, and inspired by his life-long love for vintage Japanese "Kaiju" movies, television shows, and vinyl toys (think of the kaiju in Ultra Man and Godzilla).
The monsters will be thoughtfully-engineered for the very best desktop 3D printing experience. They'll print support-free, and there will be no need for glue.
Supporters all over the world are printing their 3DKitbash characters and posting pics of them involved in the action on our Facebook Page and Instagram Feed (@3DKitbash)! Search #QuinSaga and join the fun!
We hope you'll back this Kickstarter and be a part of developing these monsters. Please back us today and share this campaign far and wide! Thank you so much, backers! We really appreciate all your support, past and present. Subscribe To Our Email List to stay up to date on all the fun!
Links To Our Previous Kickstarter Projects:
Special Thanks & Acknowledgements To The Following:
Voice Talent: Becky Haltermon - BKG Music: Ja Prawn: Pyramidia via Pete McNeal, Bram Inscore, John Kirby - Giant, Human-Sized Quin Doll: The Crew of Bold Machines (Bre Pettis, Nathan Worth, Robert Steiner, Geo Salas, and Anthony DiMare) via Stratasys - R2D2 schematic via Chris Reiff - Filament via: Filamelt, Inc. & MakerBot - 3D Printers Used In Creation Of All Models via Makerbot Stratasys
Risks and challenges
The risks are simple. If we fail in the mission, Earth may fall to alien control. These beasts are lethal and have proven themselves to be a considerable threat! ... The challenge for everyone from this point on is to stay informed and be ready. Together we can do this!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (36 days)