Atomic Rancher is a nuclear-fueled farming RPG that encourages players to grow, collect, and mutate their crops to survive.
For PC, and if we meet our goals, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch!
It’s been over one hundred years since the EVENT, a global radiological disaster. But the world is not lost and is now recovering. Communities are rebuilding, using mutated lifeforms to thrive in the new world.
You play as the Atomic Rancher, the mysterious protagonist who must rebuild his community from scratch. Along the way, you meet colleagues who have survived the EVENT. Using automation to regrow necessary crops you are able to explore a vast world filled with mutants and rare creatures to assist you by your side.
- The world is a post-apocalyptic wasteland where mutants have taken over. You will meet lots of colorful characters and friends on your journey to explore the mutated landscape. The world is a strange and different place than it once was.
- Crafting and building tools are only the beginning! As you advance in the game your character will be able to mutate plants into ‘planimals’ - cute plant-based companions that will help you on your quest!
- Collect seeds you discover from foraging in the world to build up what has been lost from the EVENT. These are no ordinary plants, the EVENT has created hybrids and new variants - can you discover them all?
The world is recovering. You must learn to automate whatever you can. Using different build configurations you are able to automate your farm.
- Using the only water source available, you will use it to progress in the world and quench the thirst of your people.
- Create irrigation systems from water sources to travel from A to B. Your farm can become as complex as you want… Only if you have the right materials.
- As you rebuild your world things will become more and more complex, eventually unlocking electricity and more!
The world is yours to explore. After the EVENT, what remains is a wasteland of broken houses, mutated creatures, and very little is left of humanity.
- Collect different kinds of items that will help you along your journey. The greater your inventory, the further into the wasteland you can explore.
- Craft with a robust crafting system, you can take found resources and build them into new equipment. With a crazy amount of possibilities, you can grow your farm from an empty field to an industrial powerhouse.
- Build your settlement into a thriving community, the better your farm, the more people you will attract!
The world is overrun with mutants and strange lifeforms.
- With a collection of weapons and allies, fight and reclaim the wastes.
- Grow and mutate your Planimals to help fight for you. They are extremely cute, helpful, and will follow you to the ends of the Earth!
- Multiple dungeons exist to be conquered, defeat the mutants and rebuild the world!
Great Lake Games is a small but passionate team of dreamers hoping to recapture the 2D experience that many of us grew up with. We are a five-person team that is dedicated to keeping the pixel era of gaming alive and well!
Our plan for Atomic Rancher from the start was to deliver a game packed with features. When you contribute you are contributing directly to increasing the features that will end up in the final game. Among these are:
- Adding more items, mobs, and NPCs to the game!
- Adding more environments, seasons, and creatures!
- Adding more mutations! Mounts, livestock, and more!
We have had a small team that has been working on Atomic Rancher full-time. It has been a dream to make our very own game, but we want to take it to the next level and truly deliver a AAA experience. Not only that, but we want to be able to release the game with some of our most wanted features. Your money will us reach our goal of releasing a polished game with hours of gameplay.
30K - A successful early 2019 release!
40K - Character Customization and More Mutations!
60K - Console Ports! PS4! Xbox One! Switch!
80K - Multiplayer!
Risks and challenges
We have been working on games for a while now and understand the risks, challenges, and obstacles that come from Game Development. Lost progress, faulty hardware and tight deadlines are all taken into consideration when we create this stretch goal for ourselves.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)