Here comes the home stretch!
Well, we’ve turned a major corner and here comes the home stretch!
Beta testing is complete and it was an incredible success. To each and every backer who pledged and participated in our Beta program, your support and insights have been more than I could have ever asked for. I cannot thank you enough!
To give you all an idea of just how invaluable Beta feedback has been, here is a list of changes we have made to PowerUp 3.0 just in the past two months:
- Latching locks added to the module’s casing for more secure transit and storage
- Redesigned and retooled motor mount and rudder for drastically improved durability and easy rudder replacement
- Enhanced rudder functionality and durability
- New carbon fiber material for better durability
- Re-spec of the motor to generate 15% more thrust
- Redesigned module clip to better position rudder and propeller on the center axis
- Improved balancing of the propeller to minimize vibrations
- Added several quality control requirements to production protocol in order to reduce potential defect rate
- Improved user guide based on specific feedback
- Added instructions to build an easy-to-fly “Invader” airplane to the user guide
- Shipping: transit test and drop test to assess durability of packaging (to ensure they arrive safely in your hands!)
- Safety testing: FCC and CE testing to meet the most stringent of international standards for communication devices.
Checkout this cool Japanese Beta backer report.
Final Assembly, Here We Come!
This will be my last update before flying to Hong Kong in 2 weeks, where I will oversee the pre-production process of our final assembly. Factory pre-production begins May 27th and will take 3-5 days. Before we ramp up production to 10,000 units per week, I want to personally ensure that every one of your PowerUp 3.0 modules are assembled with great care and in accordance with our quality control production protocols. This is what pre-production is for, and the first 3-5 days of will be a close look at the assembly and packing of the first few hundred modules.
Once the assembly line is monitored and approved, we will kick into full throttle – 10,000 units per week! – and all 30,000 of your PowerUp 3.0 modules will be ready for shipping to our fulfillment warehouse within 3-4 weeks of that time. Following this schedule, we estimate all Kickstarter Backer modules will be ready to ship by late-June. Stay tuned for an update from China, and an inside look at pre-production!