PowerUp 3.0 turns your self-made paper airplane into a smartphone-controlled flying machine Read more
This project was successfully funded on January 25, 2014.
BackerKit is on its way!
Hello backers, Get excited, the BackerKit is on its way!
We’ll be sending everyone an email this Friday, March 21, at 12pm EST with a link to the PowerUp BackerKit, where you can update your information before rewards ship. This is your last chance to purchase additional PowerUp 3.0 kits and accessories before the final product hits stores. And don’t worry; there are no additional shipping costs for add-ons!
Thanks to all of your feedback, we have been developing the PowerUp 3.0 app with two additional capabilities: Multi-Engine Mode and Dogfight Mode. These updates will be ready towards the end of the summer, but now is your chance to get additional PowerUp 3.0 kits at the Kickstarter price. Multi-engine mode gives you the ability to design a single aircraft with multiple engines and control it using V-tail, or proportional thrust. Dogfight mode lets you battle a friend in the air and fire a “Bluetooth rocket” that sends your opponent’s aircraft crashing to the ground. These were the top two stretch goals during the Kickstarter campaign, and thanks to your support, we can make them happen!
The BackerKit Shop
Here are the featured items you can add through our BackerKit shop just in time for the summer!
- Barebone Package – Looking for extra PowerUp 3.0 Smart Modules to try Multi-Engine Mode and Dogfight Mode? This is your least expensive option if you don’t need additional paper templates, or a charger.
- Basic Package – Great as a gift for family and friends to team up for Dogfight Mode and Multi-Engine Mode, or just to spread the PowerUp love. Also, if you did not pledge for a PowerUp 3.0 Smart Module on Kickstarter and still want one, this package has everything you need to get started!
- Perfect Package – If you plan on adding two or more PowerUp 3.0 Smart Modules to your collection, look no further than the Perfect Package. With two PowerUp 3.0 Smart Modules, two portable power packs, and many other accessories, you can fly all day, charging one module while you fly the other. Also great for Multi-Engine Mode and Dogfight Mode.
- Hacker Pack – We’re all about creativity and experimentation here at PowerUp, so we’re offering this package to let you build your own apps and hardware! The Hacker Pack includes the Basic Package, as well as hacker accessories – additional PCB, two Lipo batteries, four motors, four coils, four carbon hollow rods, and a micro-Phillips screwdriver – and of course, the Hacker Handbook, which is filled with specs, diagrams, Bluetooth protocol and even sample code to develop your own smartphone apps! We’ll even throwing in an ”I hacked PowerUp 3.0” T-shirt for good measure. This is the ultimate package for all you tech-savvy innovators out there, but you may want to stock up on extra Basic Packages and Spare Parts Kits just in case!
- PowerUp 2.0 Kit – Give our original product a whirl, the free flight PowerUp 2.0!
- PowerUp Boat Kit – A great bath toy for kids, the PowerUp Boat kit includes a quick connect windup motor, waterproof paper templates and pirate accessories (figurine, flag and anchor) for endless fun in the tub!
- Spare Parts Kit and Other Accessories – Get any additional parts you might need for your PowerUp products, like waterproof paper templates, spare propellers, and portable power packs, or even a PowerUp hat for sunny days in the park.
The BackerKit Shop will be open from March 21 through May 21.
Happy flying (and shopping!),