Camera, Twin Engine, and Dogfight stretch goals!
Ready for some magicalER stretch goals?
Aerial dogfights, a camera on the PowerUp module, a double engine airplane, an accessory that will turn your PowerUp into a car, and more awesome stretch goals are here! YOU decide which THREE stretch goals will come to life. Read on to learn how.
Thanks so much for all your ideas and proposals for new stretch goals. We’re really amazed at how creative you are. (A PowerUp laser gun? Really??) This project has exceeded our highest expectations: we currently have 12,000 backers and counting, and we’re about to cross the $700,000 mark in a couple of days. We screened all your submissions and shortlisted those that were a) very popular and b) create more value to the product. We also took into consideration that the goals need to be realistic (Sorry “teleportation PowerUp”).
3 out of 9 possible stretch goals
We chose 3 different stretch goal levels: $800K, $1M and $2M. In each category there are 3 awesome stretch goal options to choose from. Since the PowerUp 3.0 Smart Modules are already in production (we’re ahead of schedule:)), the first two stretch goal levels will be software/firmware-related, or focusing on accessories. The higher stretch goal level ($2M) will actually introduce a new product version of the PowerUp 3.0 including significant hardware changes. If reached, this goal would be delivered on a different schedule, as it needs some serious development.
YOU decide what’s magicalER!
Our Facebook page will host the voting process. Read on to choose your favorite stretch goals and hop on to our Facebook page to vote. The mechanism is pretty simple: “like” = vote. The stretch goal with the most likes in each category will win, and we’ll actually build it! Hurry, the vote ends in 48 hours!
And the nominees are (drum roll):
$800K stretch goal:
1. Multiple Engines - Control two or more PowerUp 3.0 modules at the same time with one smartphone, so you can fly multiple planes in synchronized formation… or build a super plane with multiple engines!
2. Full Gesture Control - Launch and control your airplane with arm gestures! In addition to the current left/right tilt control, we’ll add a thrust/pitch gesture control feature in the app. Plus, we’ll introduce a new reward that will include a customized PowerUp arm strap for your smartphone.
3. PowerUp 3.0 Design Book - A guidebook with unique paper airplane designs for PowerUp 3.0. It will include helpful tips and ideas about aerodynamics and airplane design, so you can get even more creative with your paper plane inventions.
$1M stretch goal:
1. Dogfight - Have a mid-air battle between two paper airplanes! Proximity sensors between the planes will enable one player to stop the other player’s motor when it gets close enough and cause it to go down. Mayday! When two planes will get close to each other, both users will get the option to SHOOT! Be first or go down.
2. Landing Wheels + Drag Racing - Turn your PowerUp 3.0 into a remote-controlled car or attach the landing wheels to land safely.
3. Horizontal Gamepad Interface - Have the option to turn your smartphone horizontally and fly your PowerUp 3.0 with a classic gamepad controller interface!
$2M stretch goal:
1. Wireless Race Course - Race your PowerUp 3.0 around waypoints! Play ‘capture the flag’ or fly laps over race circuits you build yourself using wireless Bluetooth 4.0 waypoints.
2. Autonomous Flight - Turn your PowerUp 3.0 into a drone and send it on a pre-programmed flight path.
3. Video Camera - Immortalize your flights and capture new vistas with a pin camera mounted on your plane! Take videos and still images and save them to an SD card onboard the Smart Module.
We’ll announce the winners on Monday, December 23.