About this project
The Story of Maury
Maury Chris Moose has his worst nightmares come to life when G.R. Inchworm invades Jingle Bell Block. In order to save his Christmas-loving forest, Maury and his friends must band together and prevent the construction of the new Bar Hum Bug. Will a parody of the 12 Days of Christmas provide Maury the guidance needed to clean up Forest Noel and run G.R. Inchworm out of town? Or will the bugs litter the forest with their New York Slimes newspapers and their Pus Weekly magazines?
How You Can Help
• Sign up to back the project! There are a variety of different levels that
come with fun rewards.
• Share this Kickstarter with all of your friends and family! If you know of anyone who likes Moose, puns or Christmas, let them know about this project!
Where the Funds Will Go
Your support allows me to not only make a better book, but it also helps me get the book in front of more readers.
As I mentioned in my video, a survey conducted by Harris Interactive, found that only one in three parents read bedtime stories with their children every night, and 50 percent of parents say their children spend more time with TV or video games than with books.
Statistics show that children who don’t read well by the end of third grade are four times more likely to drop out of high school than proficient readers.
Your backing is essential to helping me reverse these statistics and inspire a love for reading at any age.
More specifically, your funding will help me with the following:
- obtaining ISBN numbers, book formatting, and additional costs associated with getting the book into various bookstores
- U.S. copyright registration
- line and copy editing
- getting the book reviewed by professional publications
- printing hardcover and paperback copies in bulk to save on printing
- drawing additional pictures of Maury and his friends to help liven up the book
Top 10 Reasons To Back Maury C. Moose
10. Moose need more attention. Reindeer hog the spotlight around Christmas
9. You are looking for a new book to read with your kids
8. You have more money than you know what to do with
7. You are related to me and you don’t want the next family party to be awkward
6. You aren’t related to me, but you want to make up for the cheapskates in my family
5. I need your funding to do more pun-ding
4. You want to get some Christmas shopping done early
3. Moose are your favorite carnivores (Moose aren’t carnivores, are you even paying attention)
2. You are wondering if #3 used the right plural form of Moose
1. If I don’t get funding, my mom will have to do the artwork
We now have one week left to go and in order to keep the excitement going I am introducing a stretch goal of $7,500. A stretch goal is a funding target set beyond the original Kickstarter goal to increase rewards and encourage continued funding. By hitting this new goal I can offer even more cool stuff.
When I thought about what I can offer for the stretch goal one thing immediately came to mind…more tattoos! I have gotten fantastic feedback and people have let me know that they are really excited about the temporary tattoos.
But the only problem is that only people who have backed at the $100 level and above receive the tattoos. So here’s the new goal…If we can get to $7,500 before the project ends next week, I will give every single backer 10 more Maury C. Moose tattoos! So continue to tell your friends and family about the project and let’s see if we can hit this new goal.
Risks and challenges
The full manuscript is complete and ready to be sent to an editor. The next step is to finish all the artwork and to finalize a deal with an experienced publisher.
Your support will allow me to overcome the financial obstacles that have gotten in the way so far. With your help, we can bring Maury C. Moose to life!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)