To win Original Spin, anonymously play the funniest answer for each question. The more points you receive from fellow players, the further you move your pawn. First to the finish line wins!
These cards are color coded... each card has an action, a person, a place, and a thing. This opens up quite a few gameplay possibilities.
- Everybody will always have 5 valid answers for each type of question. (Your hand consists of 5 cards)
- Shake things up a bit, random cards will always make sense.
- Strategic Hand Management: Playing one answer means losing three others.
- Two player competitive and cooperative modes available.
Because of the smart color-coded four-sided design, it's not JUST a game about being funny, it also becomes a mini-strategy game.
- Knowing who you're playing with is the first line of offense. Play to what they'll think is funny.
- Each answer played means losing three other valid answers.
- You don't always want to play the funniest answer, save your 'ace-in-the-hole' answers for opportune times.
- You never know which card your opponent played and trying to bluff your vote often works against you, (so don't do it!)
Please note. The initial run of the voting "tokens" will be made out of card-stock, which we hope to upgrade with large enough volume.
During development, we were incredibly aware how UNFUN the game is if you don't "get" certain references. We strive to make the base game timeless and free from references.
Expansions are our way of offering customization personalized to your specific tastes and knowledge base.
Expansion cards can be played solo, or integrated into your core game. All expansion cards will have a symbol printed on the face so you can easily remove them from play if needed.
Risks and challenges
We are using TheGameCrafter for initial manufacturing, which makes the delivery process a breeze.
If however we exceed 400 orders of the base game, we will be changing to a reputable overseas manufacturer.
I have many mentors and friends who have gone through this experience before and are willing to guide us through the process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)