About this project
Creating your own custom envelopes is a cinch with the Kreate-a-lope®" - Kimberly Jones, CraftGossip
"....perfect envelope every time. I'm amazed... I really am." - Lora Brinkman
"...true to their claim, they are easy and fun!" - Melissa Lohman-Wild, VivaSnailMail
"For anyone crafty and looking to have a go at something new and super easy, this is the thing for you!" - Emily Summers, Miss Magpie Designs
"I can honestly say that it's so fast and easy, it's quite addicting." - Charlene Driggs, Paper and Ink Playground
"It is a clever product in so many ways." - Karin Åkesdotter, Peppermint Patty's Papercraft
"I love this stuff, how clever and easy to use it is. I love that you can see exactly how the design will look like, before you even start assembling your envelope"- Iwona Palamountain
What is a Kreate-a-lope®?
The Kreate-a-lope® Envelope Maker is the fastest envelope maker on the planet! It does not require scissors or tracing or measuring of any kind and most people can make an envelope in about 30 seconds out of any kind of paper.
You can use magazine pages, wrapping paper, wall paper (you can get discontinued wall paper sample books from wall paper stores for free), computer art, digitized photographs, rubber stamp art, scrapbook paper, posters, maps, kids drawings, comics, and many other papers.
It's an addictive tool that makes anyone creative in seconds. One woman made an envelope using her newborn's footprints to make a birth announcement. Others have used it to make their own party and wedding invitations. Rubber stampers and paper crafters love it. Teenagers will stop playing Xbox to use it! It's simply an amazing way to share a note, card, or gift.
Saves You Money!
The options for making one-of-a-kind designs is endless and you can save a ton of money while bringing smiles to the people in your life with your super cool creations. With the prices of greeting cards going up and up, you can make an envelope and card combination by yourself in minutes --- for pennies!
How Does This Magical Tool Work?
Rip it! Flip it! Seal it and Send it! The templates come in two pieces per size. Use the "window" on the larger piece to line up your image for the front of your envelope, then tear the paper around the outside of the template. The key to this is pulling the paper against the edge at a slight (45 degree) angle. (It works like tearing paper against a ruler...)
After you've sized the paper to match the bigger template, flip the paper over and realign the bigger template. Then, drop the rectangular template into the window, remove the bigger template, and fold the paper around the edges of the rectangular template. Then, glue the side flaps to the bottom flaps and seal the top flap when you're ready to send a letter, give a card, stuff it with cash as part of a gift, etc.
The cool thing is, because you use the window to line up your image, you can control what goes on the front. So, if you're making an envelope for your mom and she likes flowers, you can use a cool magazine page, or wrapping paper, wall paper, or just about anything with a flower on it - even your own digitized and printed photos!
Or say your dad, husband or boyfriend loves cars, use a cool photo of the latest sports car or a classic. Kids love comics and cartoons. Teens are passionate about many things and crave to be unique and one-of-a kind in their expressions....
And if you're a card maker, why not make a beautiful envelope to go along with your beautiful card!
The possibilities are endless!
The Kreate-a-lope® is Loved by Many
- Card makers
- Rubber stampers
- Recyclers and upcyclers
- People of all ages
- Parents that love to spend time with their children
- Mail art enthusiasts and pen pal'ers
- People that love to be creative
What People Love about the Kreate-a-lope®
- Works without scissors, tracing, or measuring of any kind
- Quick & Easy
- Works with almost any kind of paper
- Brings a smile to your face
- The reactions people get when they give someone a fun envelope
- Makes anyone feel creative
- It's a wonderful way to spend time with your children or grandchildren
- Great for physical therapy
How the Funds will be Used
1. New Retail-Ready Packaging. I was recently contacted by a number of stores and distributors that want to sell the Kreate-a-lope® in retail locations. I have some packaging that I already use for two sizes but will need to create other designs for other packaging. The majority of the new packaging will be designed to hang on a peg and will contain 4-color graphics. I am also looking to make boxed kits.
All this involves bringing in an artist to make the changes, and the ability to order the packaging in large enough quantities to make it cost effective.
Part of this process will also include creating promotional literature to be used at upcoming trade shows. The printing and packaging creation will be Made in the U.S.A. just like the production of the templates.
2. New Sizes. There are a number of sizes we have not been able to make and making these sizes involves creating new dies for cutting the plastic, new screens for printing the artwork on the templates, and a large enough production run to make the additional Kreate-a-lopes® affordable. New sizes (so far) include: 1. The very popular Artist Trading Card (ATC or ACEO) size. (see rewards list for full description). This size is used by artists, collectors, hobbyists for trading cards that are the size of traditional baseball cards. In addition, the ATC size is great for accenting cards and gifts. It will be large enough to fit not only multiple ATCs, but if you want to hold one with the standard size protective sleeve, it will fit as well. This size is also known as the Project Life 3x4 - popular with photobookers. 2. Project Life 4x6. This is a very popular size among crafters that use the Project Life sheets to create photo books. 3. The 6 3/4 bill paying commercial envelope. One of the most popular sizes used in the United States - found in office supply stores nationwide.
**********Kreate-a-lope® Envelope Templates**********
**********Lick & Stick Remoistenable Envelope Glue**********
Click here for testimonials about Lick & Stick Remoistenable Envelope Glue
**********Card Kreator™ Card Templates**********
Card Kreator™ Card Templates Overview Video below. Or, click the following link for more detailed Card Template Videos (a new window will open)
**********Power Pack of PDF Printable Labels**********
**********More Details About Kreate-a-lope® Sizes**********
* ink colors will vary depending on the ink availability at the time of production.
Need even more details about sizes and paper sizes to use??? Click here: Kreate-a-lope® Envelope Template Sizes and Papers
Extras and Add-ons
Customize your rewards with extras and add-ons. After you have pledged, click the "Manage Pledge" button (on right side, near video), and add the amount of the add-on to your pledge. (You don't have to change your reward tier.)
After the Kickstarter campaign is over, I will be sending a reward survey to verify your address. The survey will ask you what size templates you want and also what add-on(s) you wish to receive.
- Lick & Stick (Add $3 per bottle)
- Card Templates (Add $8 per size)
- Liner Templates (Add $4 per size)
Credits: Thanks to Me and My Big Ideas (MAMBI) and Recollections for their awesome papers used for some of the samples. Be sure to check them out!
Risks and challenges
The challenge will be getting the word out and convincing Kickstarters to participate. So please be sure to tell a friend... or 900!
Production - our US based manufacturer is awesome and came through on the first Kreate-a-lope® campaign in a big way so I don't have many worries in regards to putting out a quality product. But as is the case for all manufacturing, being prepared will be key. If we go beyond our goal, production times will increase so rewards might be delayed. I've built in a cushion of time for this, and if it happens, I will communicate with the community about what is going on.
Fulfillment - I have years of experience in the fulfillment process and have a good support network, so there should be no problem with this.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)