Brought to you by the Rational Dress Society
For more information about JUMPSUIT or the Rational Dress Society, visit our website www.jumpsu.it
We, the Rational Dress Society, invite you to support JUMPSUIT, the universal garment.
What if you never had to pick out an outfit again? Support JUMPSUIT today and find out!
- Replace all your clothes with JUMPSUIT!
- JUMPSUIT is only $149.99.
- Not sure JUMPSUIT will fit? JUMPSUIT comes in 48 sizes!
- Available in black or white, long sleeve or short.
- 100% made in the USA.
- Cast off the yoke of relentless consumption!
- Accessorize your ungendered monogarment with an official RDS tote bag for your support of $29.99
How do I get a JUMPSUIT?
- Send you a JUMPSUIT!
- Manufacture the inaugural run of (at least) 200 JUMPSUITS.
- Digitize and publish the complete run of JUMPSUIT patterns, making them available to download for free.
Whether you would like to purchase a JUMPSUIT or make your own, your support helps us to PUT EVERYONE IN JUMPSUITS!
What does JUMPSUIT look like?
- The long sleeve JUMPSUIT is made from a 10 ounce cotton twill.
- The short sleeve JUMPSUIT is made from a 7 ounce cotton twill.
- JUMPSUIT has a raglan sleeve and standard convertible collar.
- JUMPSUIT has a heavy-duty front zipper.
- JUMPSUIT has two front pockets and two back-patch pockets for storage.
- JUMPSUIT is made with flat-felled seams and topstitching for durability.
- JUMPSUIT is manufactured in the USA for superior quality.
- JUMPSUIT is available in black or white.
How will I know what size and style to order?
Once our Kickstarter campaign is complete, the Rational Dress Society will send you the RDS Anthropometric Sizing Grid™, allowing you to choose between 48 sizes, sleeve length and color.
Can I exchange my JUMPSUIT for a different size?
The Rational Dress Society believes that dissatisfaction in clothing is irrational. Simply send us back your JUMPSUIT and we will send you a new size.
The time for action is now: EMBRACE RATIONAL DRESS!
What if you never had to pick out an outfit again? What bonds might be formed between JUMPSUIT-wearing individuals?
We at the RDS invite you to replace all your clothes with JUMPSUIT, the universal garment. We suggest that the rejection of choice (otherwise defined as the yoke of relentless consumption under the capitalist paradigm) might open us up to new possibilities and better ways of living.
Why JUMPSUIT now? The tyranny of choice.
JUMPSUIT reduces CHOICE OVERLOAD.
The pace of fashion has increased dramatically. With the advent of cheap, fast fashion, garments go from the catwalk to store shelves in a matter of weeks. Fashion purveyors like Zara and H&M have adopted a model of planned obsolescence in which garments are designed to last no more than 10 wash cycles.
Purveyors of fast fashion tout its benefits, explaining that we now have more choices than ever. Yet recent studies have shown that too many options can lead to feelings of dissatisfaction, a condition called "choice overload." Being presented with a limited number of choices produces a positive response. However, large numbers of indistinguishable or meaningless choices cause despair.
JUMPSUIT offers a way out.
What if you never had to pick out an outfit again?
Just as we reject the mini-mansion in favor of the city, refuse the automobile in favor of the train, JUMPSUIT offers a way to forego the insular logic of self-expression in favor of forming communal bonds. We embrace our neighbors. We reject the signs of class, race and gender that are inscribed into our daily interactions. In the future, we will be brothers and sisters together in JUMPSUITS!
For more information on JUMPSUIT please visit www.jumpsu.it
Risks and challenges
How do I know the Rational Dress Society can successfully manufacture JUMPSUIT?
Rational Dress Society co-founder Abigail Glaum-Lathbury will be managing the technical production, manufacturing and delivery of JUMPSUIT. Glaum-Lathbury has many years of experience working in the fashion industry as the designer of two ready-to-wear lines that were manufactured and sold across the US and internationally. She is also a professor of fashion design, teaching pattern making and design at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, a top-ranking institution.
As with most Kickstarter campaigns, the biggest challenge would be if we far surpassed our goal. With this in mind, we have partnered with two garment factories in Chicago where we can keep a close eye on production and quality, and scale up as needed, so that you get your garment in a timely fashion. This is also why we are keeping it simple with our rewards: fewer complicated tiers allow us to have undivided focus. Support our cause and we will send you an official RDS tote bag or your very own JUMPSUIT.
- (30 days)