UPDATE: November 10th
WE JUST CRACKED 15K!!!
Thank you! The support we've received over these past few weeks is really incredible! Thanks to you, we're well on the way to getting this record made. But just to let you know, there's still further we can go. In these last two crucial days of our Kickstarter project, we're now shooting for a goal of $20,000. Here are our big plans for the extra money when we raise it:
- Stretch Goal - $20,000: Funds for an additional day of mixing as well as an upgrade in the mastering process (for impeccable sound quality), a music promotion firm/publicist to get our CD heard on the radio, placed in print and online stories and blogs, magazine advertisement and generally to help us share "Jim Campilongo & Honeyfingers" with a larger audience.
Everything helps. This job is not easy though it is vastly rewarding. It takes a LOT to do this right. So glad if you can join us! I am so grateful for your support.
Here's the list of songs we're scheduled to record
Billy's Bird - She's A Woman - Molly Harvey - Pie Party - Big Bill - Bryant's Bounce - Sweet Nothings - Splitsville - Nellie Bly - Freaky Dreike - Little Song - Jim's Guitar Boogie - My Baby's Comin' Home - Last Night This Morning - Swingin' With The Fingers
Thanks for taking the time to check out our site!
In The Beginning There Was…
When I first saw the band Honeyfingers play, I thought, “Wow, these guys are fantastic! I love this style of music and I’d love to play with them. Hmmm… I wonder if they’d think I’m good enough!”
Thankfully, they did think I was good enough and that was the beginning of my wonderful friendship with five musical “true believers”… Honeyfingers! Since that first meeting we’ve been practicing and gigging ourselves into a really solid group and, even more quickly than any of us could have hoped, we’ve reached a place where we feel confident and excited to get into the studio to make permanent and tangible all of our hard work. Yes, that’s right… We want to make a “Jim Campilongo & Honeyfingers” record!
Let's Meet The Band! ...
- Jim Campilongo (guitar) - "I want to make a Jim Campilongo & Honeyfingers record!" jimcampilongo.com
- Jonny Lam (steel guitar) - Jonny leads the band Honeyfingers. His impressive resume includes working with: Norah Jones, Beastie Boys, Damon Albarn, Billie Joe Armstrong, David Byrne, Blind Boys of Alabama, Taj Mahal, and more. honeyfingersmusic.com - jonnylam.com
- Luca Benedetti (guitar) - Luca is co-leading the Jim Campilongo & Honeyfingers project and has played with: Ron Carter, Kenny Wolleson, Jason Loughlin Group, North of Amarillo and The National Reserve. Luca performs regularly with his own Jazz & Roots infused Luca Benedetti’s Thermionics. lucabenedetti.com
- Roy Williams (acoustic guitar) - Roy Williams is a virtuoso guitarist, a jaw-dropping multi-instrumentalist, a NY legend and a super nice guy! He's worked with Stephane Wrembel, the Moneynotes and will be recording his first solo album in December. https://www.facebook.com/StephaneWrembel
- David Speranza (bass) - David's considered a gem among NY musicians and has played with Ingrid Jensen, Stephane Wrembel, Nancy King, Dave Frishberg, to name a few. https://www.facebook.com/davesperanza
- Russ Meissner (drums) - Russ has performed with diverse artists including John Abercrombie, Bill Charlap, Norah Jones, Lucy Wainwright Roche and many others. Russ can be heard on more than twenty albums and has performed throughout the US, Canada, Europe, Israel and Japan. http://www.russmeissner.com/
Oh, go ahead! Sneak a peak to the right at our rewards for pledging. You might know how this works already, but there are some fun gifts coming up! ->>
The Project: Tracking, Mixing, Mastering
To do proper justice to the quality of the music (and musicians), we’ll be recording and mixing in Studio "A" at Bunker Studio, Brooklyn. You can see one of the reasons we chose this room... it's gorgeous - almost like a church - with high ceilings and a very "live" sound - we want to capture our "live performance energy" and this room is perfect for us. We can't wait to get started!
The Bunker crew - led by owners Aaron Nevezie & John Davis - are top-notch. Given the incredible list of musicians with who they've worked, we know their skills will bring out the best in us as we bring out the best in each other. We're a great fit!
Some fantastic musicians have worked out of Studio "A" at Bunker, including:
- The Roots, Charlie Hunter, Punch Brothers, and...The Black Keys (wrote, recorded and mixed - w/producer Dangermouse - their Grammy-winning single "Tighten Up" at Bunker) ... just to name a few!
The Songs We'll Be Recording
We'll be recording some new originals I've written specifically for Honeyfingers, a cover or two (still deciding on which), as well as reinterpreting some of the first songs I ever wrote some twenty-odd years ago! I actually had to go back and re-learn them to get up-to-speed with all the great players in this group.
Jim & Honeyfingers play “Splitsville” - by Jim Campilongo (Our first gig!)
Please check out everything on our page to learn how you can help bring our incredible “labor of love” to fruition and get this record made!!!
Pledge, and we promise you nothing more than our complete and utter devotion to honoring your belief in us by playing our hearts out and, thus, allowing everyone (not just the Greater NYC Area) to experience the joy that is “Jim Campilongo & Honeyfingers”.
Long Time No See! - Have you had a chance to check out our rewards on the right side of this page? They get prettier by the minute! ======>>>> this way ===>>
What Costs What
Here's a Pie Chart breakdown of relative expenses:
The Nuts & Bolts: A Breakdown of Costs
In order to make an album of quality worthy of the effort it will take to make it, we’ve done our research and determined that the Bare Minimum/Baseline Amount is $8,000. This would go toward the following:
- Recording engineers
- Two days of “Basics” recording in-studio
- One day of recording overdubs
- Album cover design
- Session fees to musicians
- Mastering of the recording
- Three days of in-studio mixing
- CD manufacturing
- Shipping of CD’s and Rewards
- Food for sessions and mixing
If we’re fortunate enough to reach our “Baseline Goal” of $8,000, we would then gratefully take aim at our Second Goal of $12,000. This additional $4,000 would go toward the following:
- An additional day of overdubbing
- An additional day for engineers
- An additional day of mixing
- An additional reel of recording tape
- An upgrade of Mastering quality
If the stars align in such a fashion that we might reach our “Second Goal” of $12,000, we would then be, amazingly, shooting toward our Third Goal of $15,000. This additional amount would go toward:
- Publicity (includes a publicist and magazine advertising costs)
REWARDS? We got 'em! We invite you to take a relaxed yet intriguing tour of our "Honey Sweet" list of Rewards for your pledging participation. There are some rare and delicious pieces for procurement, so the sooner you pledge, the sooner your friends and neighbors will covet your collectibles!
Please take a minute to look at the photo examples of our rewards below - We had a lot of fun choosing them and we offer them as thanks for your generosity and good spirit in believing in our project.
When you find a "reward" that suits you, please go to the right hand side of the page to contribute. - right over here ====>>>
Jim's Critically-Acclaimed Instructional Video:
6 of Jim's "Lessons by Mail"
Jim's Latest Two "Jim Campilongo Trio" Releases:
Autographed "Fender Custom Shop" Photo
Hard-to-Find sealed Vinyl - Little Willies', "For The Good Times"
RARE VINYL Test-Pressing of Jim's Album, "Orange"
ULTRA RARE, Out-of-Print, Finnish "Terravox" label, "Heaven Is Creepy" CD (w/ BONUS TRACK!)
Rare, Little Willies (first record) Promo CD
Two Reserved, Up-Front Seats At Any "Jim Campilongo & Honeyfingers" Show!
Vintage Rock Photo 16"x20" (book quality - choice of 1)
Risks and challenges
The only real risk would be (heaven forfend) an injury or illness to one of the band members, or a catastrophic electronic or digital event. Both are completely unforeseen, unpredictable, and highly, HIGHLY unlikely. In either event, it would merely postpone our endeavor, not end it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)