Progress Update #2
remember last time I told you that the game is in a "gloriously unshowable" phase? We're out of it now! I could write a list of changes and it would be a long list(*), but I’ll show you some gifs instead.
7 more here: http://imgur.com/a/tVFBW/. What do you think?
One of my inspirations for SUPERHOT was the “Bad Motherfucker” music video from director Ilya Naishuller - a brilliant piece of FPP cinematography with a GoPro camera carried by a crazy stuntman doing awesome action scenes. I feel that SUPERHOT translates this craziness well into video game form, while leaving you - the player - in full control. The level above was planned as a tiny tribute, but works really really well on its' own terms.
Guys behind the video are now working on a feature film in the same technique and I feel that you could be interested: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hardcore-the-first-ever-action-pov-feature-film.
Thanks to all of you that poked us for an update! I know you care and we will try our best to deliver more updates in the future. I'm thinking of tiny updates on the backer subreddit every week and a bigger update every month.
(*) Recent development changes include:
- You can now kill the enemy by throwing him off the ledge! See him shatter on the ground while you jump right after him to retrieve his gun!
- Melee enemies! Shoot the enemy before his punch reaches your face and clocks you out. And watch out, they circle you and try to get behind your back!
- There’s a new enemy model, simplified and 200% more stylish!
- Also: brand new player's hand! No floaty guns anymore. Sorry all poltergeist simulator fans!
- Lots of tiny optimisations in the code, making the game run smooth (60fps framerate doesn't come easy) with all the destruction and crystal shattering physics!
- Glass shattering is now integrated into gameplay more tightly - shattering a window distracts your enemies and can be used as a tactical advantage. Distract them even more by throwing THEM into glass.
- Many, many level prototypes (boardrooms,tall staircases, flashy nightclubs, expensive beach houses, elevators made of concrete, cheap hotel rooms and more!)
- Throwables! You can take any black crystal object (a bottle or a billard ball for example) from the level and use it as a weapon to stun the enemy. And then reach for his gun!)