Welcome to our Project,
The "Touch of Bass" project is a collection of vintage Boombox Photographs direct printed onto a rigid substrate , framed then mounted on a shadow box. This stealth box holds a bluetooth sound system that plays through the speakers mounted in the photograph as if the boombox pictured has come to life. A simple concept executed to design perfection.
-Design options for Rewards are listed at the bottom of this page. Scroll down for the details.
The listening experience problem,
Since the phonograph, the listening experience has been about two things: style and sound quality. In today’s market, the options are endless, but many require you to sacrifice style or sound quality (but mostly, STYLE) for a cheap, disposable, and otherwise unremarkable-looking speaker docking station. The way you experience music can and should be an extension of your personality and let’s face it, if you’re reading this, you are a stylish, interesting person.
We're here to change that!
We’re bringing classic style and modern sound quality into the forefront of the listening experience.
The ability to integrate more of your lives aesthetic choices with your functional needs makes sense if you can find the thing that speaks to you that does what you need. If this is you, then today is your day.
The perfect interior design addition for your office or reception area. Your clients and patrons will be impressed, then amazed by the sweet sound and stunning visual.
Each Touch of Bass is delivered fully-assembled and ready to mount. Power it on, then pair it to your streaming device for a delightful piece of functional art.
What's Inside ?
- Inside the discreet shadow box are the brains of the operation. Enclosed inside is a 100w stereo digital amplifier, custom designed crossovers, an integrated Bluetooth receiver programmed with the latest 4.2 version firmware offering wireless reception up to 35', an integrated EQ interface allowing for basic Bass and Treble controls independent of your streaming device, and the power supply that makes for a small power port and no cumbersome black blocks to have lying around.
- The speakers include a pair of 6 1/2" poly dome woofers which once mounted fill a space with all the low end you've been missing from your laptop, tv, and DockBlock speakers. The tweeter are a 5/8" silk domed driver tuned to keep the audio crisp and clear. This stereo combination has a frequency range that bumps from 40 hz to 20K hz where only your dog will mind.
What am I looking at?
- All images were captured by local PDX Photographer, Jim Golden. Most of the featured boomboxes were selected from Case of Bass personal collection, with the exception of a few special units (The GP-1 and the GX) provided by local PDX collector, John C Jay.
- Each Piece is printed to the highest art quality standards by a local shop direct UV printed onto a rigid substrate that has been selected for image quality as well as acoustic properties . Then framed in a gilded gold and black all real wood frame to really make the rich blacks of the image pop and give the overall design a classic timeless appeal.
- The interface is a discreet control panel located on the bottom with real switches and knobs that control the Volume, Bass and treble. Once you have your settings where you like them all you need is your phone or computer to stream music and control the volume from your pocket.
What are my options?
- There are five different print sizes.
- Design #1-5 "BiPhonic, Metal, CF-520, The King, and Gold Tone" are 24"x16"
- Design #6 "DMC" is 30" x 16"
- Design #7 "Big Sonics" is 32" x 16"
- Design #8 "GP-1" is 28" x 20"
- Design #9 "GX" is 32" x 18"
Add 4" to each dimension for the 2" frame and the Shadow box is 3" deep
The included accessories.
- A custom designed dual bracket mounting system secures your artwork to prevent vibration and to turn the wall you hang it on into an extension of your box acoustically.
- For 5% of the real serious listeners they will have a clock plug installed and power the unit from behind, but for the other 95% of us who want it now a classy cloth wrapped A/C plug will be included to preserve the carefully curated aesthetic.
- Lastly the design allows for international power needs and voltages from 120-240V. Everyone needs a system no matter the infrastructure.
The Live audio demonstrations below were recorded on an Iphone unedited. The audio you hear is recorded on a Zoom H4N digital recorder with an external microphone plugged in for the truest representation of how amazing this system sounds. No trick photography was used in these demos.
When can I expect my Rewards?
Here is the collection of designs to choose from. Pick your look, then find your reward.
24" X 16" Design #1 is available in limited quantity in Super X3 early bird Reward category for $99 MSRP $299
24" X 16" Metal Design #2 is available in limited quantity in Super X3 early bird Reward category for $99 MSRP $299
24" X 16" Design #3 is available in limited quantity in Super X3 early bird Reward category for $99 MSRP $299
24" X 16" Design #4 is available in limited quantity in Super X3 early bird Reward category for $99 MSRP $299
24" X 16" Design #5 is available in limited quantity in Super X3 early bird Reward category for $99 MSRP $299
30" X 16" Design #6 is available in limited quantity in Super early bird Large Print Reward category for $249 MSRP $349
32" X 16" Design #7 is available in limited quantity in Super early bird Large Print Reward category for $249 MSRP $349
28" X 20" Design #8 is available in limited quantity in Super early bird Large Print Reward category for $249 MSRP $349
32" X 18" Design #9 is available in limited quantity in Super early bird Large Print Reward category for $249 MSRP $349
Abe Sheppard Bloch
Marc & Ben at Sticks & Stones
DJ Fresh DJ Fresh DJ Fresh for the Fresh Track
John C Jay
Risks and challenges
Every Endeavor will hit bumps in the road, but we have been preparing for this concept to be released for the past 3 years. The suppliers, assembly and delivery has been honed and is prepped to handle more than the rewards we are currently offering. I did not come here to ask you to donate money to help me figure out how to make these ideas come into reality, I came here to give the people with vision the opportunity to be the first to review and take to task the concept I brought to reality. So for now my biggest challenge I plan to face will be handwriting the thank you notes to send with every reward as my pen doesn't have an auto-correct feature yet. Now that's an idea I can get behind.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)