The new Sphero Specdrums will launch January 7!
Sphero Specdrums are almost here!
This January 7, we'll be launching the new Specdrums Rings.
Since this past June, we've joined Sphero - experts in connected play and STEAM learning - to create a new and improved version of Specdrums that will make musical creation even more magical...
Introducing Sphero Specdrums!
What's new with Sphero Specdrums?
We've stepped up the capabilities of our rings with the help of Sphero's expert engineering and product development teams. Here's what's new:
- Faster speed: total latency is now under 50ms, while accuracy has improved using new tap detection and color classification algorithms so that your rings will never miss a beat.
- Over-the-air updates from the app so that your rings will get even better the longer you own them.
- Increased durability through an anti-dust silicone skin and polycarbonate enclosure that make your rings water and dirt resistant.
- The new Specdrums MIX app on iOS and Android that let's you jam out with samples and loops from sound packs curated by top artists.
- More educational content for teachers and parents to engage kids in music, coding, and other areas of STEAM education.
Where to purchase?
Beginning January 7, Sphero Specdrums will be available for purchase online at https://www.sphero.com/specdrums. We will be officially announcing our launch at CES in Las Vegas from January 7-12. If you're around, please stop by our booth to say hello and learn more! We will also be attending NAMM in Anaheim towards the end of January.
We could not be more thankful for your initial Kickstarter backing, which has helped us reach this point and will enable Specdrums to continue to inspire musicians and the creators of tomorrow. We look forward to continuing the Specdrums journey with you.
- Your Specdrums Team