Support us via PayPal Here!
Current PayPal pledges: £30
Note: If we don't hit our goal we will refund you the PayPal pledge.
Recommended / Played by:
Eat All The Things You play as Bronut, a little guy who loves food so much he's dressed himself up as a donut. His love for food means he just can't help himself, whether the food belongs to him or not. You'll be aided by TABLET Corp's very own Tablet Borgias! He'll give you tips and encourage you along the way. However, he appears to be playing both sides, for his own amusement and financial gain! Tablet has been selling his TABLET Corp. Watcher Surveillance Systems to people whose food you're stealing!
Eat All The Things features Co-Op play throughout the entire game! Play together with a friend as Bronut's pal, Strawberry Short Kate.
Navigate many vibrant levels and help Bronut eat all the things! It's not all smooth eating though - beware of the watcher and the evil host! They're not really evil of course, after all it's their food... but anything that gets between Bronut and his treats is the enemy!
The watcher keeps watch on the stage with a spotlight, avoid it at all costs! Otherwise, the evil host will be alerted of your location and you will have to run and hide! Don't get caught! Be sure to make use of terrain and objects to hide from the spotlight.
As it goes, Bronut doesn't count his macros... he puts on weight with each snack, making him larger and slower. But putting on the weight can work out in your favour! You can weigh down big switches, reach higher places, resist high-speed winds, and much more! Be sure to visit your local TABLET station to "unload" when you need to!
As you progress through the game you will encounter new and interesting foods, such as colder than cold ice creams and the sweetest of sweet doughnuts. These may give you side-effects such as brain freeze (enabling you to walk on lava), and a sugar rush (increased run speed and jump height).
Who are we? We area computer scientist and graphic designer developing a game together around our day jobs. The project started with the funny idea of having a main character with only one real desire: food! Of course, not everyone is happy when you eat their food... so we paired this with a stealth mechanic where you'd try to stay out of line-of-sight whilst eating food which doesn't belong to you...
Eat All The Things is a game designed for all ages.
PRE-ALPHA DEMO DOWNLOAD HERE. This is an old demo which doesn't include the visual upgrades, new stage, or co-op mode!
- Stealth - Navigate many vibrant levels without being spotted by The Watcher or the Host. If The Watcher spots you, it will alert the Host to your position... If the Host catches you, it's game over! Make good use of cover and surveillance patterns to succeed!
- Collect - The more you eat the more points! To 100% a level you need to eat all the food, and the more food you collect the more of the world map you unlock! Achieving high scores will also unlock bonus stages and features.
- Platform - Run, jump, slide, and ground pound your way through the challenging platform arrangements! There is more than route through a stage, some more challenging and rewarding than others... choose wisely.
- Race - Speed through the level as fast as possible to get a quick time, and upload them to the leaderboards to see if you're the fastest! Take advantage of the harder routes and exploit all the power-ups to become number 1!
- Rush - Some boss encounters are against The Watcher surveillance system's red alert mode. The Watcher will stay locked on and follow you throughout an escape sequence, requiring twitch-platforming as you escape the grasp of the Host!
- Mini-Games - What co-op game is complete without mini-games? Lock into some mini-games with your co-op partner and see who wins!
- Puzzles - Engage in puzzles through the world of Eat All The Things, these will make use of all of Bronut's abilities and involve careful attention to the weight changing mechanic!
The game is easy to pick up and play with a quick tutorial level to get you started (playable in the demo). As you progress the levels become longer and more difficult, requiring thought and planning.
- Movement - Free 3D movement without restriction.
- Eating - Collecting/eating food makes you bigger.
- Bloating - Eating too much bloats you, reducing your jump height.
- Unloading - You must visit TABLET Corp. Stations to unload your food and regain your size and jump height.
- Brainfreeze - Eating a colder than cold ice-cream will give you brain freeze, giving you the ability to walk on lava and water by freezing the ground underneath you!
- Sugar Rush - Eating an extra sugar-packed snack will give you a sugar rush, giving you the ability to run faster and jump higher! A must have for escape sequences and reaching high places.
- Midnight Snack - Eating the midnight snack will cloak you, making you undetectable by The Watcher surveillance system. It will also break any lock it has on you if you've already been spotted!
- The Watcher - A surveillance system which uses a spotlight to monitor the level, looking out for trespassers who want to steal all the food!
- Watcher Terminals - Normally, The Watcher is a stationery surveillance system, however it can travel through a network of watcher terminals. These are scattered throughout the stage, and The Watcher will teleport to whichever is closest to you. Fear not - these can be destroyed!
- Watcher Blocks - If you're spotted and enter alert mode, watcher blocks may appear to prevent you from accessing certain areas or items.
- The Host - The host is the world boss, and the owner of the food you'll be eating! They'll be scouting a path, if they catch you, it's game over!
- Ground Pound - For precise landing and destroying objects!
- Mount (Co-op) - If tackling a level as a team, try jumping on your friend's head! You'll snap on, and stay attached as they navigate the level for you! You can jump off their head to reach higher-up items!
- ...and much more! The game is early in development, and we're still introducing many new features and fine-tuning existing ones.
The game is at very early development stage with a Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac, Linux and Android planned release.
A very early pre-alpha demo level showing some mechanics and basic gameplay is availble on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android for you to play.
We are also on the Android Play store for Alpha testing (by pledge invite only).
We are currently working on:
- Level designs
- Puzzle designs
- World map
- More characters
- Physics tuning
- A.I. for the NPCs
I have been in the field of Computer Science for many years, and with a love for video games e.g. Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, and most games from the Dreamcast, creating video games has always been an interest!
I have been doing digital art for 18 years, both freelance/commercial and as a hobby. I always enjoy working on new projects and learning new skills! Playing games is my favourite hobby so being able to develop art for one is an amazing experience.
- Working on the game full-time: we both currently have full-time jobs, support from kickstarter will allow us to take some leave and dedicate our full attention to the game.
- Level and puzzle design: we want to create interesting environments with vibrant colours which are unique to each world. We also want to include many thought provoking puzzles. This takes a lot of time and testing on different devices.
- 3D Models: we have quickly put some models together for the purpose of our demo... but the models need more work and polish. We also need to create new models for the unique enemies and bosses in each world.
- Nintendo Switch: a portion of the funds will be used to purchase a dev-kit for the Nintendo Switch, where we can optimise the game and gameplay for the device.
NOTE ON REWARDS
- The signed physical print will be an a5 art print with a personal thank you and signed by us
- The design a level reward doesn't include design a character. You can only choose one or the other.
Risks and challenges
Co-Op Gameplay - We don't want to have separate modes for single player and two player gameplay. It can be difficult creating interesting and challenging stages which retain those characteristics in both modes of play!
Optimisation - We want the game to look as great as possible on all our target platforms. We are paying close attention when optimising the trade-offs between aesthetics and performance, with the aim of 60FPS on the Nintendo Switch.
Other risks are delays in receiving the Nintendo Switch dev-kit and the e-shop publication process. We will keep backers updated on process as it progresses!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)