Bunny likes you.
Meet Stephen, a normal guy looking for love through Doctor-Date, a dating website. He finds a first date in Abbie, a seemingly down to earth woman with her own ideals. A romantic meal at Abbie's house is the perfect opportunity for him to break the ice. It's also the perfect opportunity for Abbie to reveal a disturbing dark secret. Stephen's perfect date soon unfolds into his worst nightmare.
A brutal psychological thriller, Bunny is full of suspense and the element of survival. With scenes that will both shock and keep you at the edge of your seat, Bunny delivers an unforgettable tale and chilling climax.
The planning for Bunny has been extensive. Doctor-Date.com will be extremely relevant to the backstory of the film. Stephen and Abbie meet on www.doctor-date.com. Extra script has been written for the 'chat' page that will be shown between Abbie and Stephen. This means you will have regular updates on the backstory leading up to the short film. As this Kickstarter progresses, the backstory will too, so keep returning there for story updates. Also keep returning to the kickstarter page for updates and potential extra pledge categories. There will be a few viral videos appearing on Youtube so keep checking the websites below for more updates. We are more than happy for people to share videos and website addresses in order to help 'Bunny' spread over the web.
Making a short film involves a lot of thought so here is a breakdown of all the items that have already been catered for.
Script: The script has taken 4 months to write in order to develop a story and concept that has not yet been seen on the big screen.
Duration: The film is 18-20 minutes in length.
Camera: Bunny will be shot on a feature film camera, the Arri Alexa. The Alexa has shot films including 'Drive' and 'James Bond: Skyfall'.
Cast: We are currently researching casting agencies in order to find quality actors to be casted as Abbie and Stephen. We will keep you updated through Kickstarter and our website.
Crew: I have two feature-film level crew confirmed. Other crew members to be confirmed include sound and production designer. We will be operating on a very capable small crew.
Cinematographer - Matthew Emvin Taylor
- The visual elements in this film are very important and Matthew has the talent to make this film look visually amazing. He has the ability to show dark, broody images that will make Bunny a well-shot thriller.
- Matthew's credits include working in the camera department on the yet to be released 'World War Z' starring Brad Pitt. Matthew has also shot many music videos featuring artists including Leona Lewis and Dot Rotten.
Prosthetics - Tom Packwood
- To make a thriller/horror look realistic, great prosthetics are needed. Bunny will feature practical visual effects meaning everything is achieved for real.
- Tom has a very strong career already with the list of credits under his belt.
- These include 'Prometheus', 'Clash of the Titans', all three seasons of 'Game of Thrones', 'World War Z', 'Byzantium' and Edgar Wright's yet to be released 'The World's End'.
Location: We are currently scouting for our single location. We will make you aware once the location is confirmed.
Audio Post Production: We are currently in talks with advertising and feature audio post houses that will be able to give us the best for our budget.
Cinemas and Social Media:
Cinema screenings: Bunny has been confirmed to screen at three cinema venues so far. Every screening will have a Director Q&A at the end of the film. Stay tuned for more venues.
- London UK - Confirmed cinema for cast and crew screening.
- London UK- Soho Screening Rooms, Central London.
- Central Birmingham UK- 'The Electric Cinema'
There is the potential that Bunny will be entered into International Film Festivals.
Social Media: We have two websites (see link above) that have been built along with a few facebook and twitter accounts.
Our collective aim is to entertain you and deliver a strong story. Bunny already has a very talented crew onboard. In return for your pledges, we will deliver an audience experience you won't forget. Become a Bunny Backer now.
Risks and challenges
Every film faces many challenges and ours will gladly tackle any challenge. Time is a potential challenge for us. We have a three-day shoot on our budget. This means that the cast and crew will need to work at a methodical pace that keeps quality and also time-keeping. As Director, my job is to make sure the actors are well rehearsed so when it comes to the shoot, we have a well-oiled machine. Extensive planning will cater for potential pitfalls. This film has a high level of planning at this stage and a clear focussed direction.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (50 days)