About this project
FOR 10 DAYS I WILL DRINK AND EAT ONLY CAMEL MILK>>>>
>> It is a food experiment + must-see TV! Why?
- I live in Kenya where I not only have access to plenty of camel milk but it is common cultural practice for people to do camel milk detoxes for different reasons: illnesses such as tuberculosis, cancer, HIV/AIDS or rejuvenation of a weak system.
- I will test what this traditional medicine will do to my body, blood levels (protein, calcium, iron, glucose, vit C, cholesterol + more)* and my general self.
- I am participating in the Experimental Food Society Spectacular in London, UK October 21-22nd. We, The What Took You So Long Foundation have been invited to present our Camel Milk Documentary "Hot Chocolate for Bedouins" we shot in 19 countries in the past year.
- Your contributions will cover my travel costs to the Spectacular in London. I will present my findings along with the screening to promote the benefits of camel milk to food industry giants and food artists.
>> Please pledge 20 USD so that you can be subscribed to the video blog I will produce of my 2-week camel milk experiment. (The pledge covers blood work, milk and travel.) I need 70 pledges to reach my $1,310 goal so that I can get to London by October 21st.
>> The video blog will include:
• PRE-DETOX research >> WHERE >> will I get the milk from the supermarket or the guy with 50 camels? WHO >> has done this before? >> what do I expect to happen? HOW >> will I drink 3 or 5 liters a day?
• DETOX >> meeting the camels >> following the process of the milk >> picking up the milk >> tracking the changes in me >> exploring the absence of food and presence of camel milk >> finding Kenyans and Somalis who use camel milk for healing >> seeing if I will lose it and pick up a banana
• POST-DETOX >> More blood tests to see what happened in my body over 10 days >> I will go to London and present myself and my findings at the Experimental Food Society Spectacular! What will the reaction be?
>> Be the cheese you want to see in the world >>
Support this project
- (18 days)