Skey is back in Mini size
About a year ago, we launched two campaigns on Skey multi-tool. The campaigns results were quite exciting, and through quite some trial and error, we have seen those campaigns through. From our amazing backers, we received a lot of encouraging praises, and quite some sincere suggestions.
And based on our backers' feedback, we are now back with our newest design, the Skey-mini.
- Yes, Skey-mini still comes in top quality Titanium material.
- Yes, Skey-mini still comes with the bit head and silicone band.
- Yes, Skey-mini is still super duper functional and yet amazingly compact.
The American version is much shorter than the original Skey (please see comparison in the dimension section further down this page), very very compact and light, yet super functional as the original Skey.
- Two wrenches for hex bolt: 1/4, 5/16, inches.
- Two-headed screw bit packed with one single slicone band. It is really as compact as it can be.
The metric version is shorter than the original Skey, and bit longer than American version Skey-mini(please see comparison in the dimension section further down this page). Still very very compact, more variety wrench sizes, and yet still just as functional as the original Skey.
- Metric version provide a bit longer handle for prying and wrenching. Yet still very compact. Three size for hex bolt: 3.5mm, 5mm, 6mm
- Double headed screw bit stablized by the silicone band set.
Previous campaign story
We have went through quite some trial and error in making Skey products. In the beginning, the original Skey didn't come with the silicone band, we wanted to jam the screw bit with mere friction force. But it just can't be done in large scale. The holes were either too tight or too loose on each Skey due to diviation. So we developed the silicone band. Now it works great and looks even cooler.
As for manufacturing for this round of campaign. We can't say for sure that things won't go south, but we have learnt quite a lot from our previous campaigns. So seriously, this is not our first rodeo. This time, we know what's coming, and we are ready.
Skey comes in two types, the American version and metric version
- Metric system version: 3mm,3.5mm,5mm, 6mm
- American system version: 1/4, 5/16
- Skey-mini is extremely light, only around 6 grams.
- Gathering order info: For two weeks, we shall wait for backers to answer their survey. Please note that backers are always change their address for our survey, however do shoot us an message when you about to do so. And do let us know ahead of time if you are moving. Kickstarter can be a long march :(
- Confirm order and buy materials: For this step we shall start calculating the material we need and start ordering them.
- Manufaturing: We shall work with our contractors and start making products. Tell from experience that timing could be on and off for this stage, you never know. But even if you are off the schedule, please understand that we are only trying to make sure the products are of good quality.
- Packaging: Packaging can be quite challenging as well, since we have backers from all over the world. Have to be careful. :)
- Shipping: Please note that our estimated delivering date is the shipping date, not arriving date. Shipping time could be quite different depends on the locations of each backer.
Risks and challenges
1. On timing:
Since the exact number of backers is unknown to us, so the timing may fall out of schedule a little. But we did leave ourselves with extra time already, and we will try to get ahead of time for each step, so don't worry. :)
2. On shipping:
Shipping is another potential problem as well. Should the shipping take way too long than regular time, we will assume the package is lost and resend the reward. Promises promises :)
3. On refund:
We will arrange refund, if it is strongly insisted. There is no point in keeping the money from backers if they don't have our back any more. We will do our best to meet backers' anticipation as we should, and hope the worst won't happen.
- (28 days)