Princess Music began three years ago as a humble project of songwriter and composer Tyler Ludwick. It has become a tonal hologram crafted from his obsession with walruses and orchestral music. Equipped with a desire to convey purity, passion, and the power of the chamber orchestra, Princess Music will release their debut full length album, Odobenidae, in the summer of 2013. Odobenidae is fashioned as a song-cycle of eight pieces, undulating between the dungeonesque depths of classic rock grime, to the playful heights of bantering woodwinds and strings, sonically sewn together to form the chimerical world of the walrus. Never lacking in drama or caprice, Princess Music has crafted an album intent on mirroring the nature of our lives.
We are pledging a goal of $10,000 and will go towards:
- Paying our recording engineer for all his valuable time and hard work, Timothy Gerak at Mammoth Cave Studios
- Mixing and mastering of the album
- Vinyl mastering, pressing, and duplication as well as making sure it comes in a package as beautiful and considerate as the album itself
- CD duplication
- Local artists that took the time to sit down and spend time doing video work, video projections, stage design, and the album and album release poster art work
- Compensating the 17-piece chamber orchestra for rehearsals and their incredible live performance at the album release show on August 9th
Risks and challenges
We've already booked our album release show for AUGUST 9 but we still need to sell tickets and fill the Bluebird Theater. Check out reward amount $35 for more information on how to get setup with a ticket to this incredible evening of orchestral performance and magic.
We are hoping to catch the eye of a few experts in the music field but at the moment are doing everything in house.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)