About this project
Journeys to the West: Fantastic Voyages in the Western Ocean
- Designer: Christina Stiles (Unhallowed Halls, The Village of Briarton, Faery's Tale)
- System: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Adventure Levels: 1 to 12
- Length: 128 pages, plus a 16-page PDF supplement, handouts, and poster map
A new seven-island, 6-adventure anthology is underway from Open Design! Set sail from Barsella, the City at the Edge of the world, home of adventurers and pirates, and explore the vast, uncharted waters of the Midgard campaign setting’s Western Ocean.
Discover the lush paradise known as the Isle of Morphoi, where the goddess of Memory seeks lost secrets through her network of cunning lamias and the shapeshifting morphoi. Encounter lost civilizations and their hidden colonies; explore mysterious fog-shrouded islands populated by sharp-toothed, scarred natives; battle epic leviathans of the deep that are rumored to crush villages or swallow whole ships; and gain priceless and unusual treasures!
Backers of Journeys to the West will join lead designer Christina Stiles to:
- Populate and describe the city of Barsella, gateway to the Wine Dark Sea: its high towers and exotic markets flush with strange salvage pulled from sunken ruins and looted from cryptic derelicts.
- Delve into the mysteries of the Isle of Morphoi and the cults of Mnemosyne, whose sorcerer-priestesses wield water and ley-line magic against adventurers, and swiftly leap from port to port as they engineer far-ranging conspiracies in smoky taverns and opulent throne rooms.
- Take to the waves with new ship plans, and master the dangers of the unknown with new traits, feats, spells, incantations, and gear.
- Design unexplored islands where terrifying new monsters are worshiped as sacrifice-loving gods.
- Create haunted, treasure-laden ruins to test the mettle and sanity of fortune-seeking adventurers
Journeys to the West is designed for maximum use in any nautical or edge-of-civilization Pathfinder Roleplaying Game campaign. Backers will participate in brainstorming sessions, and some may add feats, spells, traits, and gear to the book as patron designers.
Backers at the Captain level and above may pitch 7 islands, 6 adventures, 8 monsters, and 8 pirate lords. Successful pitches will turn into fully credited design in the Open Design style.
Rally your crew, and hoist the sails! Fantastic voyages await!
If Journeys to the West exceeds the $4,200 funding threshold, you will get more material included in the project: More pages of adventure, more art, more maps, a hardcover edition, and/or rewards given at a lower level.
Details on all the options seem a bit premature now, but Journeys will definitely seen an expanded 128-page book (33% more!) if funding hits $5,500. NOW INCLUDED
An ocean chart poster map for all backers will happen if Journeys reaches $6,500: provided in PDF for $25 and under backers, and in glorious print for bigger backers! NOW INCLUDED
A set of treasure maps. a logbook, secret aboleth glyphs, additional art to show players, deck plans, and other player handouts if Journeys reaches $8,000. NOW INCLUDED
A complete pirate secret society writeup with leaders, monsters, lair, ships, and nefarious plans, a 16-page standalone mini-expansion for all backers if the project reaches $9,000. NOW INCLUDED
If Journeys reaches $10,000, all backers at the $25 level will get a print copy of the softcover book (includes US shipping, requires $10 shipping for international backers). Likewise, at this point all captains also get a copy of the limited edition hardcover instead of the softcover. Bosuns get an expanded reward at this point as well. NOW INCLUDED
All backer print copies will be autographed and numbered if the project hits $11,000. NOW INCLUDED
A 16-page standalone mini-adventure at the edge of the world designed by Wolfgang Baur added if the project reaches $12,500. Limited print edition for Bosun-level backers and above, PDF for all backers. NOW INCLUDED
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (35 days)