QuikTap - The New Standard For Portable Draft Beer
QuikTap - The New Standard For Portable Draft Beer
The QuikTap™ portable keg tap keeps beer fresh and carbonated. Powered by a refillable CO2 tank with adjustable pressure and gauge.
The QuikTap™ portable keg tap keeps beer fresh and carbonated. Powered by a refillable CO2 tank with adjustable pressure and gauge. Read more
To put it simply, we love draft beer. Purchasing a keg of beer is cheaper, it tastes better, and it creates a more exciting atmosphere. The only problem is that it’s far less convenient in a portable setting. You could use the standard pump taps that we are all familiar with, but that will cause the beer to spoil in just a day or two. The only option to preserve the precious contents of your keg is to lug around bulky CO2 draft equipment.
Our mission with QuikTap is to make a portable keg tap that is truly convenient without compromising the quality of the beer. One that keeps air out by dispensing with CO2 so the beer stays fresh and carbonated. A tap that can be removed and re-tapped at your convenience. And finally, a tap that is cheap and simple to operate. QuikTap was designed by brewers in Houston with a passion for craft beer and dedication to quality. We’ve drawn on over 10 years of experience with draft beer to create a better way to serve kegs when you need portability.
The QuikTap design is complete and works incredibly well. We have manufacturers and suppliers ready to go. With your help, we can bring this to market and make QuikTap the new standard for portable draft beer. Thanks for your support and interest in our project. Cheers!
QuikTap uses CO2 to pressurize the keg which drives the beer up the tap rod, through the faucet, and into your cup! The serving pressure is controlled by the built in adjustable regulator which goes from 0-30 psi with 0 corresponding to the off position. The CO2 system is a completely closed system which prevents oxygen exposure keeping the beer fresh and carbonated. All QuikTaps come standard with a compact, food-grade, CO2 tank that can easily serve one half barrel (15.5 gallons) or more. The CO2 tank is cheap and easy to fill at your local sporting goods store, welding supply, or paintball shop. Also, anyone with access to bulk CO2 can easily refill their own tanks at extremely low cost.
Tapping a keg has never been easier. Just like any other tap, simply line up the keg coupler, lock it in place with the coupler handle, adjust the serving pressure and you are ready to serve! Cleaning is quick and painless. Hook up your QuikTap to a standard cleaning kit and run beer line cleaner followed by a water rinse. If you don't have a cleaning kit, simply pour beer line cleaner directly down the tap rod and follow with a water rinse. For heavy cleaning, a nylon straw cleaning brush can be used.
QuikTap offers many upgrades for you to choose from so you can customize to your needs. Just choose your upgrades, pledge the combined cost and we will contact you to confirm what upgrades you would like (shipping is included in upgrade prices).
(i.e. You choose original QuikTap reward and want a flow control faucet. Pledge $197 (OG QuikTap) + $50 (Flow Control Faucet) = $247 (total pledge))
****Early Bird QuikTaps have guaranteed shipment by December 2015. If you want upgrades with the early bird special we will do our best to get everything to you by December but cannot guarantee. ****
1. Back up CO2 tank (12 oz) $25: It is always a good idea to have back up CO2 for unpredictable situations. QuikTap CO2 tanks are food grade and easily refillable. Similar CO2 tanks are NOT food-grade and may contain oils and other hazardous materials left behind from the manufacturing process.
2. Cleaning kit $50 : To make things even easier we offer a standard cleaning kit that makes cleaning painless (kit may differ from picture but will have all necessary equipment to clean QuikTap).
3. Flow Control Faucet $50: We will fit your QuikTap with an all stainless steel flow control faucet giving the server ultimate control. By adding restriction the QuikTap can serve highly carbonated beverages including sodas.
4. CO2 Fill Station $60: If you have bulk CO2 our fill station makes it extremely easy and cost effective to refill your CO2 tanks. Includes digital scale.
5. Carrying Case $150: The QuikTap carrying case is outfitted with protective foam insulation allowing you to easily and safely carry your QuikTap wherever you go. The case can fit up to 2 QuikTaps.
6. Bulk Adaptor $200: For serving multiple kegs. The bulk adaptor connects directly to any size standard CO2 cylinder. The two remote hoses are fitted with quick disconnects and on/off valves allowing you to easily hook up to the CO2 tank and run both QuikTaps independently at different pressures. Includes regulator, Y spliter with on/off valves, 2 remote hoses with quick disconnects.
Risks and challenges
With all new products, unforeseen challenges are expected. Since we designed QuikTap from scratch, we are confident that we can resolve any issues that might arise. We have extensive knowledge of draft technology and are capable of quickly solving any problems.
Each part of the QuikTap has been sourced from reputable manufacturers. We've already chosen the suppliers for each component and have created great relationships with them. After much discussion with their production teams, we have been able to incorporate our unique specifications into the final product. We have secured and tested multiple samples of each component and the results have exceeded expectations.
We are actively involved with our suppliers and are confident in our ability to provide quality, timely service. We plan to travel to the factories at the soonest opportunity in order to inspect and ensure the quality of the final product. All products will be tested before they ship.
We will keep you informed with regular emails about our progress. We'll do everything in our power to stay on schedule and deliver you a high quality and awesome product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)