URBAN MAGE: The Legacy Chronicles Book 1
URBAN MAGE: The Legacy Chronicles Book 1
GlyphX learns that Evil exists as sorcerers & demons. He has the Power to stop them..if he believes. He is the URBAN MAGE!
GlyphX learns that Evil exists as sorcerers & demons. He has the Power to stop them..if he believes. He is the URBAN MAGE! Read more
INTRO & INSPIRATION
My name is Ced Pharaoh and I'm the Creator/Writer of Urban Mage: The Legacy Chronicles Book 1. I'm a lifelong bookworm and I love to read poetry, biographies, mysteries, thrillers and SCI-FI/FANTASY!!
I've used my love of reading and writing in past marketing positions and opportunities from bios, media releases, advertising copy, voice-over scripts, interviews and blog posts but I've always written poetry and short stories, in particular Sci-Fi/Fantasy where the only boundaries are the limits of your imagination and the only rules are...there are none! The possibilities are endless!
This book is inspired by the people I've met, by the genres I love and the inspiration of the rich African Culture and History, the mythologies and My People.
URBAN MAGE is the first book in THE LEGACY CHRONICLES
GlyphX is a smart but unfocused young man trying to find his way in the world or at least a corner to call his own. Lacking direction, he participates in a Leadership Training Program & during a field trip to Africa he finds his calling, or did it find him?
A trip of self discovery turns into the journey and adventure of a lifetime when a world of monsters, demons and danger is revealed to him. There is a war between the Blessed, Immortal descendants of The Ancient Gods and the Forsaken, Demon Sorcerers who seek to misalign the universe. To do this they must kill the Binders, Elders who communicate with their ancestors & The Ancients. It is this connection that shields Earth's Realm against the Forsaken's Invasions. However, over time the attacks increase, thus weakening the spiritual shield.
During a mystic journey, GlyphX's body & essence become emblazed with symbols of immense power potential. It is revealed that his ancestors were among the First Chosen, those born from a God and Immortal union and allowed into The Mystery Systems. He goes through a Rites Of Passage to study and train under the Mystery Systems, to begin to ignite his GodSpark and use Soulcery in the war against the Forsaken.
What was he going to do with his life? GlyphX thought he would find the answers but instead he found nothing but questions and mysteries. Mystic Pyramids? Ancient magic treasures? Jackals that are ravaging werewolves? Stalkers that are ravenous vampires? Scheming Demon Priests? Can he overcome his own fears, master his Powers and make some hard decisions? So many questions to answer. GlyphX is 19 years old and you thought being a teenager was tough?
GlyphX, a young man in modern urban America, will learn who he truly is and who he may yet become. He is a Nubian GodSon. An Immortal with Soulcery Powers of Primordial & Celestial Values; The GodSpark Aether. He is the Key to his own Heritage, Destiny and Legacy. His is an unequivocal fate of apocalyptic magnitude. He is...The Urban Mage.
URBAN MAGE is aimed at science fiction & fantasy lovers. THE LEGACY CHRONICLES is an Ancient Urban Sci-Fi Fantasy Adventure that mixes action inspired by African Mythology & other cultures.
When I began writing the story there were several things I wanted to accomplish; bring elements of different genres that love into the story, write a complete story for the book within itself but create the possibility of other stories that could be told (ala George Lucas) and finally put pictures in the book. I love when you're reading a book and out of nowhere within the book, BAM! There is an image or photo that helps expound on what mental visuals your mind has already created. Its like a treat!
In doing this, I'm lucky enough to collaborate and commission some artists who's art and style I love! In addition, I enjoy promoting the talents and skills of others and this is a GREAT way to do it.
So, even though this is not a graphic novel there will be some image and hopefully.....a complementary art book to the novel...but more on that much later......:)
Upon success of the KickStarter Campaign, the funds will be allocated to pay for the complete production of the 6x9 book;
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number)
- Professional Editing / Layout
- Illustrators & Colorists for images
- Printing the book in several formats
- Paying the KickStarter/Amazon fees and
- Fulfilling the rewards for YOU, the incredible Backers.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? :)
- Massive Thank You for your Support!
- Digital Art Sketches by amazing Artists!
- Dark Fantasy Poetry inspired by the book!
- Ebook of Urban Mage!
- Digital Wallpapers!
- Urban Mage Postcards!
- Urban Mage Bookmarks!
- Autographed image of the Author (me)!
- Name listed on the website & in Book as a Backer!
- Personalized Digital Audio message from Author (me)!
- Exclusive Art!
- Exclusive Music inspired by Urban Mage!
- Personalized Email from Author!
- Phone/Skype call from Author!
- The Actual Book, Urban Mage..of course!!!
- Personalized Video Message from Author!!
- Exclusive Urban Mage T-Shirt!
- Exclusive Sketch of You a Hero!!
- You as a character in the Book!
- Exclusive Painting of You!
Can I get multiple rewards?
Yes! You can't select multiple rewards. However, select a reward and pledge the maximum dollar amount of everything you want and send an email detailing the other rewards you are paying for. With this Checks & Balances, we'll confirm everything before we ship anything and everyone should be happy.
Risks and challenges
Self-Publishing is an exciting and long process full of great details. From administration, creation, production, marketing and fulfillment, each has the potential of slowing down the other. The goal is to effectively use the time and resources to produce the best quality product that YOU the backers deserve. Here is a list of potential challenges:
1. PRODUCTION ART. Even with deadlines working with several illustrators will create a set of potential delays; revisions/edits, approvals, inking and/or coloring, more approvals, technology/equipment malfunctions and real-life issues of emergencies for the artists may arise...causing a delay.
REMEDY: As Publisher, I consistently network with new and current contacts to possibly step in, if an original artist becomes unavailable to complete their commissions. In addition to keeping in constant contact with any illustrator, I will consistently keep my Backer informed and updated via KickStarter and Email.
2. FINAL SCRIPT EDITING. Again to produce the best quality product for my Backers having a professional editor grade my manuscript is imperative. Submitting the manuscript for a series of edits; substantive edits, line edits, copy editing & proofreading with revisions thrown in may cause slight delays.
REMEDY: Throughout the Kickstarter Campaign, the manuscript of Urban Mage has been in the editing process, which should substantially improve the editing process. Through constant contact with my editor and my Backers will be very important.
3. FORMATTING & PRINTING. After all the art is in and the final edit has been made, it will be time to format and process the document for a variety of forms; digital files and the physical book. In addition, this includes any printing of Rewards. Sometimes printers have delays on their end.
REMEDY: With my own skills and contracting out formatting services should minimize any delay but I will keep my Backers informed.
- (30 days)