Unus Deus: A Catholic Liturgical Card Game for Kids
Experience the Liturgical year while matching familiar Catholic objects and symbols.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Thu, April 25 2019 3:59 AM UTC +00:00.
An “Uno-style” Card Game with a Catholic Twist!
Unus Deus takes a tried and true style of play and transforms it into a fully Catholic experience that's fun and educational.
- Instead of random colors, liturgical colors
- Instead of meaningless numbers, the symbols of our Faith
Liturgical Colors & Symbols with Story Cards to Match
Get ready! Your kids will soon be learning about the symbols and seasons of the liturgy.
Every Playing Card Features:
- A color that represents one of the liturgical seasons
- An important symbol found in the Catholic Church
Each deck includes a fun set of story cards that explains the colors and symbols in a way that kids can understand.
LITURGICAL SYMBOLS IN THE GAME
- Stained Glass Window
FEEL THE LITURGICAL YEAR!
It's Ordinary Time most of the time during the liturgical year. So, there are more green cards than any other in Unus Deus. The number of cards of each color reflects the liturgical year and you can feel it as you play!
LITURGICAL COLORS IN THE GAME
- Green: Ordinary Time
- Rose: Advent
- White: Christmas
- Purple: Lent
- Gold: Easter
These easy peel stickers are perfect for little hands. They will be die cut and made with 70lb. High Gloss UV paper. Each sticker will feature a design from one of the symbols in the game.
Our sticker sets typically feature 17 or so 2-inch tall stickers. However, we are still working on the designs and may opt for more stickers that are smaller (e.g. 1.5-inch), or a mix of multiple sizes.
This story book is the perfect companion to the game. It will feature the same stories, symbols, and colors from the story cards included in the game. All in one convenient package.
- Full color
- 4.75 x 4.75 inches
- Saddle stitch binding
$60 Pledge Level: All 4 My Catholic Kids Card Games Plus Bonuses
This pledge level is a massive deal and we hope you take advantage of it. Here's what's included.
One Copy of Unus Deus Plus Bonuses
Two Distinct Editions of Fishing for Saints Plus Bonuses
Your children will learn to recognize the saints as they collect pairs of the saints. “Do you have a Saint Michael?” “No, Go Pray!”
Each deck includes:
- 10 sets of 4 matching saint cards
- 10 saint holy cards telling the saint’s story in a way children can understand
- Direction cards for the Fishing for Saints game and the matching saints game.
- 2 Fishing for Saints prayer books (one for each edition of the game)
- 2 Fishing for Saints sticker sets (one for each edition of the game)
Saints included in deck 1:
St. Catherine Laboré, Our Lady of Fatima, St. Francisco, Our Lady of Guadalupe, St. John the Baptist, St. Lucy, St. Patrick, Fr. Solanus Casey, Servant of God Thea Bowman, St. Raphael
Saints included in deck 2:
St. Anne, St. Anthony, St. Bakhita, St. Gabriel, St. George, St. Michael, St.Padre Pio, St. Thérèse, Sts. Zelie and Martin, Servant of God Sister Lúcia
One Two-Deck Set of Fishing for Bible Characters Plus Bonuses
Like Fishing for Saints but with 25 of the most important figures in the Bible.
2-deck set includes:
- 25 sets of 4 matching character cards
- Direction cards for the Fishing for Bible Characters game
- Direction cards for the Matching the Bible Characters game
- One Fishing for Bible Characters story book (designed for Advent but can be used any time of year)
- One set of Bible character stickers featuring each of the 25 Bible Characters from the game.
Bible characters included:
God the Father, Adam & Eve, Seth, Noah, Shem, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph (Old Testament), Moses, Joshua, Rahab, Samson, Ruth, Jesse, David, Solomon, Elijah, Jeroboam & Rehoboam, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, John the Baptist, Joseph (New Testament), Mary, Jesus
How to Play Unus Deus
Be the first to get rid of all your cards and you win!
Each player gets dealt 5 cards in their hand (If your kids are on the younger side, try playing with the cards face up on the table). Use the rest of the cards as a draw pile. Take the top card from the draw pile and place it face up next to the stock pile to start a discard pile.
Start the game clockwise if there are more than two players. During their turn, each player attempts to play a card from their hand face up in the discard pile. They must match the card on top by either liturgical season (color) or symbol. If they can't match, they take a card from the draw pile and may play it if that card is a match. Otherwise, play continues to the next person.
When a player has one card left in their hand, they have to shout "Unus" (or "Unus Deus"). If another player catches them missing it, they have to have to draw two cards.
Special cards include:
- Skip (crown) - Skip over the next player
- Draw Two (symbol pending) - The next player draws two cards
- Reverse (confessional) - Gameplay direction is reversed. If there are two players it acts as a skip
- Wild (stained glass) - Changes the color the season of the players choosing
- Wild Draw Four (stained glass) - The next player draws four cards and it also changes the color the season of the players choosing
Risks and challenges
This is our third Kickstarter project. Our previous two were both successfully funded and delivered the product on schedule. Each of the items we're offering as rewards are things we are experienced in making. We've also been conservative with our timeline for estimated delivery.
No one truly knows what unforeseen situations may arise, but we are committed to making right anything that may go wrong. That being said, we fully expect to produce a quality product on schedule due to our familiarity, knowledge, and experience with the materials with which we are working.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!