Aaron and Michael's first duo album! Featuring 11 original songs, and one cover...
Over a year in the making out in the woods at Little Spiders Studios (owned by Ernie Tokay), this project has been finished and the mixing/mastering phase is already in process! Now all they need is funding to pay for radio promotion, the mixing & studio engineers (who graciously wait to be paid), as well as those creating the album artwork...
...but most importantly they need help ordering the physical product!
They will release their debut album in October 2014, but if you help back this project you will get the CD before its formal release.
Aaron Nathans & Michael Ronstadt create musical combustion, combining Aaron's wild-mind, bittersweet songwriting and beautiful guitar playing with Michael's creative musical storytelling and his signature, virtuosic cello work. Michael plays more than 200 nights a year with various projects, including Ronstadt Generations, a Southwestern acoustic trio with other members of his famous family. Aaron is a 2011 Kerrville New Folk finalist who has opened for Lucy Kaplansky, Tracy Grammer, Vance Gilbert and the Kennedys.
CROOKED FIDDLE, an album by Aaron Nathans & Michael G. Ronstadt.
(Photography by Jay Fine)
1. "I Stood Upon a Hill," adapted from a poem by Clarence Dan Blachly. Music and adaptation by Aaron Nathans and Michael G. Ronstadt. Used with permission of the Blachly family.
2. "Cars Don't Keep," by Aaron Nathans.
3. "One Step," by Michael G. Ronstadt.
4. "Old Joe's Chair," by Phil Henry and Aaron Nathans.
5. "Crooked Fiddle," by Michael G. Ronstadt and Aaron Nathans.
6. "If I Had an Axe," by Aaron Nathans.
7. "All Along the Watchtower" by Bob Dylan.
8. "Tongue Stuck in Ice" by Falina Enriquez and Michael G. Ronstadt.
9. "Thirteen" by Aaron Nathans.
10. "Doing the Best I Can" by Aaron Nathans.
11. "Fire on the Prairie" by Aaron Nathans.
12. "Drop of a Hat" by Dale Kidd and Aaron Nathans.
Michael G. Ronstadt: Cello, Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals. Aaron Nathans: Guitar, Vocals. Phil Henry: Hand percussion, kazoo. Michael J. Ronstadt: Additional vocals on "I Stood Upon a Hill," "Cars Don't Keep," and "Crooked Fiddle." Petie Ronstadt: Additional vocals on "I Stood Upon a Hill."
PRODUCED AND ENGINEERED BY MICHAEL G. RONSTADT, in association with Ernie Tokay/Little Spiders Have Big Dreams studio in Phoenixville, PA. Mixed by Phil Henry.
Risks and challenges
Since the project is finished and ready to order, the only obstacle at hand is to get funding to put this beautiful music in the hands of our fans, and build our audience through radio promotion. Music is useless unless people can listen to it, so help make this a reality.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)