Patch 0.8.0.3 is now live! This is the first of three large-scale patches to hit Nekro. This patch expands the concept of Environmental Summons and introduces a new trap system.
We first introduced players to Environmental Summons with the Jacky-O and Skeleton units; units that have to be Scourged to come to life. We have now taken that concept a step farther by allowing the Nekro to call the wildlife around him to his aid by just walking near them, granting the player an instant army.
Traps further expand gameplay by enforcing zoning and spacing into combat; leading your target into a specific area to deal massive damage.
0.8.0.3 Patch Notes:
- Mushroomhead: The Mushroomhead comes in three flavors, basic, toxic and freeze. This unit charges into their target and detonates themselves, dealing damage. The toxic Mushroomhead (Green) leaves a DOT on the enemy, dealing slow damage. The freeze Mushroomhead (Blue) stuns the target for 2 second and slows them for 5.
- Sporeling: Untargetable bouncy balls of hate. These little critters are found in the deep woods, and will come out to aid the Nekro. They are temporary creatures and die after about 20-30 seconds, but can add some nasty stun damage to targets.
- Bat Swarm: Similar to the Sporeling, these bats cannot be targeted and deal high damage over a short time before disappearing.
- Fire Imp: A small permanent flaming servant. This guy deals low damage, high-agro attacks, making them perfect for soaking a couple hits instead of the fragile Nekro.
- Corrupted Wolves: Search maps for wolf dens. Corrupting a den with a Scourge will summon a pack of demon wolves to the Nekro's aid.
- Corrupted Ertums: Ertums can now be called from their tents to aid the Nekro.
- TNT: Barrels of explosive TNT will make blowing up groups of targets easier. Try to lead your targets to the barrels, then watch the gibs fly!
- Fire Totems: Found in the deep jungle, totems can be corrupted with Scourge to blast a plume of deadly fire at the enemy.
Sigil Traps: Arm the trap with your Scourge and lead targets back to it to deal massive critical stun damage!
- All Levels: Each level now has a mixture of environmental summons and traps.
- Level 1: Level one now includes a troll attack. This will provide a more exciting initial experience when first playing the game.
Patrols: Lots of work has been done on patrols to ensure they work more fluidly. Many levels have had unit patrols added.
Trinkets are back and better than ever! All trinkets are now based on passive invoking, and are much easier to manage and do not require any input from the player to use.
- The Townie, Townie Elite and Mayor Biscuit all do cone damage and have significantly higher stun resistance. This is to account for the large amount of environmental summons constantly attacking.
- Punge armor has been buffed to provide a more sustainable unit.
- Scourge, Horror, Darkseed, Punge have had their damage reduced to account for damage from environmental summons.
- Dozens of bug fixes and balance changes.
- Zombie Environmental Summon: We know. We're working on it. ;)
- Crust King: He's almost done and will be in the next patch.
- Summon Revamp: Each Summon in the game will have two different attack modes that can be dynamically switched between to provide more choices to the player.
- Nekro Revamp: The Nekro will level up and unlock new skills he can then equip and use, growing in power with time.
- New Levels: Pirate, zombie, werewolf levels and more. Look for them soon!
For everyone asking about changing your address - this is done on Kickstarter. Please do not send us emails relating to this.
If you have not gotten your steam key go to www.humblebundle.com and type in your Kickstarter email to redeem your code. You don't need to send us emails about redeeming your key - we're not the ones with the keys! Thanks!