This project's funding goal was not reached on August 6, 2013.
About this project
WHAT IS JOJO'S JERKY?
Love isn't something that usually comes to mind when you think about beef jerky. However, that is the secret ingredient that goes into every bag of jerky and jar of spice rub that JoJo's Jerky sells. It goes in to how we maintain our kitchen, how we act in the community and how we treat people.
We start with fresh ingredients, a little imagination, and a taste for quality and ingredients that complement each other. We use USDA grade A beef, and the second most tender cut, top sirloin. We hand trim out all the fat and marble and use all natural fresh ingredients. Anyone who knows jerky knows that fat is not the key, it is the enemy. It makes the jerky chewy, oily, and makes it spoil. Our grass and grain fed beef is tender, moist and meaty. We take pride in our products, and everything we do is to make it a better experience for the customer. Our goal is to keep our quality and standards high. This can only be achieved by keeping our process in house. We want to continue to use US beef and all US ingredients. We want to keep the chemicals out and keep giving our customers the best jerky experience money can buy.
JoJo's mission is to bring a smile to the face of every one of our customers, and a big part of that is community service. From fundraisers for sick children to sending hundreds of bags of jerky to the brave men and women serving in Afghanistan, we believe that the most important part of business is giving back.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We have been supported by our local community and have truly been blessed with an amazing team. From our graphic designer, to the sales force, to every guy and girl helping and making sacrifices because they believe in what we are doing, we have a solid foundation to build on.
JoJo's cares, and now we are asking for you to help us move forward. We have been approached by many local and some national distributors that want to carry our products. This requires a series of USDA inspections and stamp of approval. With your help we can get it! Once achieved, we can grow and share our amazing jerky and goodwill with the rest of the world. Please, help us spread the word and do more great things. Our goal is to become a USDA inspected facility. We've already done everything paperwork wise and USDA/ FSIS has even reserved establishment numbers for us. Only funds are missing to get the required equipment and get ball rolling.
Our Grass & Grain fed TOP SIRLOIN BEEF products, 3.25 oz bags:
1. Original Pepper beef - Gluten free available
2. Teriyaki beef - Gluten free available
3. Triple Threat beef - Gluten free available
4. Wasabi Horseradish Prime Rib - Gluten free / SUGAR FREE
5. Carne Asada beef - Gluten free / less than 1% daily sugar
6. Carloca (Spicy Carne Asada) beef - Gluten free / less than 1% daily sugar
7. Caribbean Jerk - Gluten free
8. Sweet Heat (Spicy Thai Chili) beef - Gluten free
8. Hell on Earth beef Gluten free available
Our All Natural TURKEY BREAST products, 3.25 oz bags:
1. Teriyaki turkey / Low Sodium
2. Original Pepper turkey / Low Sodium
Cactus Jo's catus jerky/ gluten free
Our DRY RUBS, 2.00 oz jars:
1. Original Pepper Dry Rub / Gluten free
2. Triple Threat Dry Rub / Gluten free
3. Vegas Valley Ranch Dry Rub & Dip / Gluten free
You can find detailed information on each product on our website http://www.jojosjerky.com. Please also check comments and feedback on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JoJosJerky . Our product speaks for itself.
WHERE WILL YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS GO?
1. Harvest Saver R5 Commercial dryer. $14,778
2. Vacuum Sealer. $2,719
3. Expand our walk in cooler. $4,000 +
4. Moisture Content Meter. $2,275
5. Redo our labels to have our establishment numbers. $1,228 +
OUR STRETCH GOALS
1. Label printer. This will give us access to make new flavors, with minimal cost. It will speed up our process of labeling our bags to keep costs low. $10,995
2. Label dispenser. $750
3. Water Activity Meter (build in). $1,980
4. Upgrade to new walk in cooler, 16 x 16 ft. $10,720 ($15,720 - $5,000)
5. Redo all our labels to have establishment numbers. $2,785
MORE ABOUT REWARDS
Risks and challenges
There are constant challenges in the food business. We have passed the one year mark and are still here, working harder than ever to achieve our goals. It's required a lot of struggle and sacrifice, but the challenges make us stronger, and with each goal we accomplish we get that much closer. We have set up a strong network of people who have been willing to give their advice.
Thank you very much!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)