Manufacturing of the Ncore, the date is here! My nervous breakdown, as sad news hit the internet...
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the lack of contact. I won’ t make any excuses as I could have written something. I can only say simply yet honestly: I am SORRY.
Now about the current situation:
1. I will not be able to deliver on time :(
But I will get to that later on.
2. The Ncore V2 is almost ready!!!
- a totally new shape!!!
- more than a double cooling surface (copper- water)
- an RGB!- Yes, I have been listening
- As I have learnt many things from the first design I end up redesigning Ncore from the ground up.
A teaser render.
But dont get too excitied...see point 8.
3. Where T.F. is machine ??!!!
I want to be very clear. This is not political propaganda, this is an honest voice of the one small person. My idea was to get enough money to buy a machine and setup it up in my back garden, as my own workshop and make your dreams come true :) Teach my 2 boys what I know and try to make YouTube videos with my wife :D
I ended up with 14.9K from the Kickstarter (after taxes and fees). It is, let's say, impossible to buy any decent machine for that sort of money. Then I have considered taking a loan. I did visit 2 manufactures and spoke with another 20+ from all around the World. Meanwhile, BREXIT started hitting hard my beloved country EU, state UK :). And this changes a lot in my situation. It would be totally irresponsible to buy a machine in this circumstances.
As I'm Polish and I know many EU standard companies in Poland I decided to rent a machine in there. At the moment I have appointments with 2 companies. I'll be away from 27.08- 04.09 when I will do machine setup and program optimization. I am planning to manufacture 50+ prototypes. The second appointment is right after, with the same plan. Please understand that I want to have a full control over the project to guarantee the highest quality.
4. As soon as I will be happy with the results I want to start the production.
5. I have also a working x299 prototype which still needs a refinement but looks very promising.
6. I do have ongoing discussions with a few large companies who look genuinely interested in the Ncore’s on-die cooling solution, however, look at point 8
7. This is the situation at the moment.
I promised that I will send components before the end of August. Due to my situation, I won't be able to fulfil my promise. Therefore, I wanted to make up for it and offer 50% discount for every Kickstarter backer, but I can't do that.
8. End of the project...
I was worried about this for a while, but it looks like this has been confirmed...
NEXT INTEL CPU WILL BE SOLDERED !!!
This makes of the Ncore totally pointless. It's a huge hit for me and my plans as it looked very promising. I invested so much money and time into this project just to fail.
Therefore, I will not make Ncore for the new generation of the Intel CPUs. I won't also make V2 so I won't be able to offer.
The only offer for backers is a promise that I will contact you in future with the option of an exclusive preorder with discount.
I want truly apologise for recent lack of contact, but the overall situation is a little overwhelming. Hope you will understand