About this project
Say Hello to Solo Stove Campfire
Having a campfire has never been easier - Set up your Solo Stove Campfire and start cooking in literally seconds.
Forget the fuel - No need to bring fuel with you. Use the fuel around you, like leaves, twigs and sticks.
Burn cleaner and burn less - Thanks to the Campfire's patented design and efficient airflow, your fire will have less smoke. Plus, you'll have a roaring fire with just a handful of sticks and twigs.
The Solo Stove Campfire is our largest Solo Stove. It's the perfect stove for cooking with friends and family or just sitting around it on a cool fall evening. It uses the same design and engineering as the original patented Solo Stove, which means it's super efficient, built strong and weighs only 2 pounds.
Our customers and many others have asked for a larger stove, so we're running this Kickstarter campaign to bring to you the Solo Stove Campfire. If we can meet our goal to raise $20,000 we will be able to fund our first production run and bring this amazing stove to you this year.
Solo Stove Buzz
The Solo Stove Campfire Design
How It Works
1) Airflow - Rising hot air, and the absence of oxygen created by the combustion process, pulls air through the bottom vent holes. This air movement fuels the fire at its base while also providing a boost of preheated air through the vent holes at the top of the burn chamber.
2) Ash Pan - Catches loose ash and prevents the clogging of vital airflow. The ash
pan also acts as a heat shield and minimizes scorching
of the ground beneath it.
3) Nichrome Wire Grate - Allows oxygen to be fed directly to embers from below. This helps to burn wood faster and hotter while allowing spent ash to fall out of the process.
4) Secondary Burn - Vent holes near the top of the stove allow preheated oxygen to fuel the flame resulting in a more complete combustion and a hotter fire with less smoke.
5) Cooking Ring - Directs heat up and towards the center of your pot for maximized efficiency. The cooking ring also acts as a windscreen while still allowing oxygen to fuel the flame. The entire cooking ring can be packed into the stove body for compact storage.
The Solo Stove Campfire is made using a one piece construction process. This manufacturing process allows us to use state-of-the-art precision presses to form and shape solid pieces of high grade 304 stainless steel. The outer shell of the Solo Stove Campfire is actually one entire piece of stainless steel with no seams or welds. The inner firebox and floating ash pan are also made using one piece construction. This eliminates the need for excessive welding and increases the overall strength and lifespan of the stove. Nichrome wire, which has a high melting point of 2552 degrees Fahrenheit, is used for the grate.
The Solo Stove Campfire cooks your meals with nothing but the sticks you collect on your journey. This eliminates the need for heavy, expensive, polluting canister fuels. It’s simple to light, fast to cook on and easy to clean.
Our unique gasification and secondary combustion process lets our stoves achieve a highly efficient and more complete burn. This means you’ll use fewer sticks to cook your food or boil a pot of water. It also produces less smoke compared to an open fire!
By using renewable resources for fuel instead of petroleum, you are reducing your carbon footprint. You’ll also keep empty fuel canisters out of our landfills.
Using A Solo Stove Campfire Is Easy
Here's a video of the steps to use our smallest Solo Stove. Our new Solo Stove Campfire uses the same steps.
What The Pros Are Saying About Solo Stove
Who We Are
Solo Stove designs and manufacturers high quality, lightweight wood-burning outdoor stoves. We also make useful accessories that go along with our stoves too, like custom pots that our stoves nest in. In 2011 we created the original Solo Stove. At only 9 oz, the original Solo Stove is great for 1 or 2 people, but many customers asked when we would make a larger Solo Stove. So, in 2013 we created the Solo Stove Titan, which can be used for more than 2 people. Even after the Solo Stove Titan was created, customers were still asking for an even larger Solo Stove. This is why we created the Solo Stove Campfire, our largest Solo Stove. The Solo Stove Campfire is the latest evolution of the Solo Stove line and our continued effort to put the demand of our customers first. We strive to make the highest quality wood-burning stoves and outdoor gear for those that love the outdoors.
Why We Need Your Help
Due to the large demand for a larger Solo Stove, we need your help to cover the costs of our first production run of the Solo Stove Campfire. We are a developing company that is faced with many obstacles in introducing new, high quality products, such as the the Solo Stove Campfire. One of the many obstacles we are faced with is the cost of designing, developing and manufacturing the Solo Stove Campfire. As the Solo Stove community continues to grow, we are challenged with meeting the rapid demand for the Solo Stove Campfire and continuing to make better products. When you become a backer, you will be part of making the Solo Stove Campfire a reality.
Rewards For Solo Stove Campfire Backers
- Tooling finalized and completed
- Campfire and 2 Pot Set prototypes finished
- Campfire and 2 Pot Set prototypes field tested
- Campfire and 2 Pot Set packaging designs finalized and sent to print
- Campfire production begins
- 2 Pot Set production begins
- In-house QA/QC inspection during production to ensure quality
- Campfire and 2 Pot Set ships from factory to Solo Stove warehouse
- Special edition Solo Stove t-shirts are printed
- Post the names of all $5 pledge backers on our website
- Ship out all of the smaller 9oz Solo Stoves to all $59 backers
- Campfire and 2 Pot Sets are received into our fulfillment warehouse
- Campfire and Campfire with cooking set orders processed and shipped to $99 and $179 backers
Risks and challenges
The good news is that because of the success of our first two stoves, the Solo Stove and Solo Stove Titan, we are now creating the Solo Stove Campfire because our customers have made it clear this is what they want. This is not the first stove we have made. We have the designs, materials, tooling, prototypes and the factory. The prototypes have already been thoroughly tested and necessary design changes have been made. Fully funding this first production run is our first hurdle.
Quality is very important to us. We will have our quality team inspect production on the line and after production is completed. We don't foresee any major problems with production but in the unlikely event that issues do arise, we'll be sure to inform all backers right away.
Logistics and fulfillment plans have already been put in place to ensure safe arrival and prompt delivery to our backers. Again, it's unlikely but if any issues come up, you'll be the first to know.
Our biggest hurdle is spreading the word. There are millions of outdoor enthusiasts who haven't heard about Solo Stove. We need your help and support to spread the word to your family and friends. Invite them to come learn why Solo Stove is the most efficient wood burning camp stove on the market today!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (39 days)