Cosmic Run: Mining Colony
Secure the future of humanity in this 1-2 player standalone game in the Cosmic Run universe from the designer of Biblios and Herbaceous
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, April 29 2019 4:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Cosmic Run: Mining Colony is a standalone game for 1-2 players in Dr. Finn's Cosmic Run series. In Regeneration and Rapid Fire, you raced to find a new home. You've finally discovered a habitable planet, but it lacks a consistent supply of energy resources, so you must establish mining colonies on a nearby planet, one rich with energy crystals but poor in human sustainability. Develop your colonies by mining for energy crystals, building habitats for colonists, and constructing outposts and science stations. The future of humanity depends on you!
* Rulebook is low resolution for ease of download.
- Get a fun game. Dr. Finn consistently delivers on making fun and quick games that are easy to learn, yet require interesting and thoughtful decisions.
- Free Kickstarter Exclusive Promo Pack. Get the Missions Promo Pack . This is a Kickstarter exclusive that is free for backers of this project. It will not be available through retail and a limited number may be available only during future Kickstarter campaigns.
- Help bring the game into existence. Dr. Finn's Games will not publish this game if the Kickstarter is unsuccessful.
- Help make the game better. By helping to reach stretch goals, you are improving the quality of the base game.
- Price below MSRP. Get the game for $5 off the MSRP.
- Bundle Deals. Get deals on other Dr Finn's Games, including early shipping of those games, for great prices.
- Support an Independent Game Publisher. Dr. Finn's Games relies on successful Kickstarter campaigns to stay in business. So thanks for your support!
Every backer receiving a copy of Cosmic Run: Mining Colony, will receive the "mission promo pack" as a Kickstarter exclusive bonus. "Kickstarter exclusive" means it will be only available during Kickstarter campaigns and there will be a very limited supply of packs available during future Dr Finn's Kickstarter campaigns.
The pack adds an interesting twist to the game by providing players with in-game goals. Three random cards are used in each game and players earn a card (worth 1 victory point) by being the first person to meet the card's requirement. One card, for example, sets the goal of having 3 colonists in the same row of their colony board. Note: If using alternative scoring method, each card is worth 3 VPS.
WHAT VERSIONS OF THE GAMES ARE OFFERED IN THE BUNDLES?
- Cosmic Run: Regeneration Basic is the Kickstarter basic version that includes the 6-card Allies expansion pack.
- Cosmic Run: Regeneration Deluxe is the Kickstarter deluxe version that replaces the block-shaped ship tokens with tokens shaped like ships (see image below). It also includes the 6-card Allies expansion pack.
- Cosmic Run: Rapid Fire is the retail version. Add $5 to receive the 3-card Tech Tools promo pack.
- For the Bonanza level, please read description in the rewards section to the right. The games are all retail versions, unless otherwise indicated.
STRETCH GOALS ANNOUNCEMENT
The $35K and $40K stretch goals will be included if the funding goal is reached.
Thanks to the Unfiltered Gamer for the seal of approval!
Thanks to Rahdo for providing his opinion of the game in the first video, followed by a full game play through in the following 2 videos.
Thanks to Forrest for this review.
Thanks to Frances and Anthony for their playthrough and thoughts.
Thanks to Andrew and Jess from Gameosity for this overview and review.
Thanks to Edo for his overview and review.
Thanks to Kevin for his overview of how the game is played.
Thanks to Jason for his playthrough of the solo version, including his view of the solo game.
Find out more about the other two available games in the Cosmic Run series, Cosmic Run: Regeneration and Cosmic Run: Rapid Fire, by watching these videos.
FOR BACKERS OUTSIDE THE U.S.
- The $7 worldwide shipping price is only for shipping individual copies of Cosmic Run: Mining Colony.
- All Cosmic Run: Mining Colony games will be shipped directly from China, so you may be charged import duties, which you are responsible for.
- The declared value of the game will be $23 ($25 minus the approximately $2 fee charged by Kickstarter), since this is essentially the sale price.
- For many countries, you are not charged duties for games under $25, but you should check your own countries' tariff thresholds if this is a concern for you.
- Games other than Cosmic Run: Mining Colony will ship directly from the U.S. and will also be subject to additional duties.
FOR U.S. BACKERS
- Cosmic Run: Mining Colony will most likely ship from China. As of now, there would be no additional duties, but laws might change. If so, you would be responsible for any import duties, but I doubt there will be any since the tariff threshold is very high for the U.S.
- It is possible that Cosmic Run: Mining Colony is shipped from within the U.S. If this happens, it would mean that U.S. backers would receive the games about 5-6 weeks later.
- Other games will ship from within the U.S. and much earlier than Cosmic Run: Mining Colony.
Dr. Finn's Games has a limited supply of some older games that can be purchased as "add ons" for this campaign. However, due to limitations of the Kickstarter system, a desire to keep simple pledge levels, and a limited supply of these games, add ons will be handled through Dr. Finn's Games website (as will be described in updates). Any funds raised through this will be applied toward the attainment of stretch goals.
*** Information will be provided in the updates about adding on more games ***
Dr. Finn's Games does not use a pledge manager. Pledge managers cost additional money, so I avoid them to keep prices low. Thus, if you would like additional items not offered in the pledge levels, stay tuned for more details in the updates and look in the campaign's F.A.Q.s.
Thanks to all my previous backers for their support and for all you new backers willing to give my game a chance in this highly competitive market. Thanks also to all the reviewers for taking the time to review my games and give their thoughts. And a special thanks to Gameosity (and their cats) for helping me with the main campaign video.
Risks and challenges
Please read carefully before backing this project.
NO PLEDGE MANAGER
Dr. Finn will not be using a pledge manager for this campaign. All information will be collected through the Kickstarter surveys after the campaign and a system for payment for add-ons will be created through Dr. Finn's Games' website.
DELIVERY AND GAME CONVENTIONS
The game is likely to be manufactured by October 2019 and delivered in November. In previous campaigns, Dr Finn understands that backers are the first people who should receive the games. However, Dr Finn may wish to show and sell the game at any major game conventions. Ideally, the game could be manufactured, shipped and delivered to all backers before any particular convention. Yet, if the timing is off, please understand that game conventions are a big expense for my small company and I may need to sell new releases as a means for paying for the convention. Up to this point, this has never been an issue and backers have always received the games first. I just want to mention it as a possibility.
Game manufacturing and publishing contains a number of risks. For this project, the greatest risks follow from the fact that the packs will be manufactured in China and shipped to the U.S. The most serious threats in this regard concern quality control over the manufacturing and delivery delays. Dr. Finn's can mitigate both of these concerns. First, I will be using a manufacturer who has produced great results on projects in the past. Second, I have successfully completed almost all of my Kickstarter campaigns right on time or even early (only 1 project was a few weeks late). If any delays do unexpectedly occur, backers will be notified promptly.
If you receive any rewards that are missing items, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and replacements will be promptly shipped. If the item arrives damaged, you'll receive replacements for whatever is damaged. Please send along a picture, as I may be able to get reimbursed from the shipper. For the past few projects (after switching manufacturers and shipping companies), we've had a very low defect rate (less than 1%).
Refunds are not given, unless there is a failure to deliver the games you've requested. However, if you are completely unsatisfied with any game, please contact me and we can discuss it.
LOW QUANTITY ALERT
Some Dr. Finn's games are getting low in stock and it is not feasible to track add-on items during the campaign. It is possible (but unlikely) that there is not enough of a particular game to fulfill all rewards. If this happens, you will be refunded all expenses related to adding that item on.
Unlike many Kickstarter campaigns, Dr. Finn's Games has a great track record of being on time. Of course, unexpected things happen and there is chance that the game will not be shipped on time. I will keep you updated if the unexpected happens.
If you provide an incorrect address or fail to update your address and a shipment is returned, it is your responsibility to pay for the re-shipment.
Please read the shipping section above.
After this campaign you may receive updates on Dr. Finn's Games' other projects. However, such updates will be infrequent.
By backing this project, you acknowledge and accept the risks and challenges just stated.
Thanks! Dr. Finn's GamesLearn about accountability on Kickstarter