*EDIT* - We've been successfully Greenlit on Steam, which means everyone who backs the game at $20 and above will get a free Steam key as well as a DRM Free download of the game!
Max's Big Bust is a Buddy Cop/Comedy Visual Novel that follows the story of two cops as they investigate a shady new drug that's been circulating the mean streets of Axon City. So far their drug busts have turned up nothing, but one fateful encounter ends up changing their lives forever.
Although the game is shaping up nicely and a large number of assets have already been produced, we'd like to add more content to the game, specifically new CG Illustrations for romance and action scenes, and more importantly animation.
You can see our first finished animation below. If this campaign is successful, we plan on adding several more of these to the game at key moments in the story.
Max's Big Bust will be 30 - 40 hours long, and feature a large number of choices, branching paths, life sim elements and adventure game style puzzle sequences. There are 5 love interests in the game, 2 male and 3 female, and in total there will be over 35 unique characters to interact with across 40+ different locations.
There will be free time segments in the game where you will get to choose where to go and who to spend time with, which will influence your relationship status with these characters. Progressing your relationship with these characters will unlock new scenes and amazing unique outfits, as well as altering key story events and the ending you unlock.
We don't want to spoil too much, but if you like gender bender shenanigans and a good buddy cop movie every now and then, you'll love what we've got in store for Max's Big Bust.
Although we're still in the very early stages and a large number of assets such as the dialogue box will be changed prior to release, the game is already playable and is shaping up really nicely.
Max's Big Bust features 35+ unique characters, each with their own unique expressions and outfits. More will be revealed throughout the course of the campaign, but you can read up about the core cast members below.
If this project is funded, we have a tonne of ideas we'd love to incorporate into the game, particularly in the animation department. These new features won't make too much of an impact on the game's release date as they'll be produced while writing and coding occurs.
- Writing/Programming - Lachlan Snell
- Character Art - Poison DENPA/Dokudenpa
- Backgrounds/Animations - Indigo Line Productions
- Backgrounds - The AMA/Amano
- HUD/Logo Design - Lightning Saburo
- Wallpaper and Special Thanks - We'll send you a unique wallpaper of Girl Max at a range of resolution sizes, as well as mentioning your name in the credits of the game.
- Digital Copy of the Game - We've spoken with Humble Bundle, and we'll be able to offer a DRM-free version of the game once it's completed to every backer at this tier. Additionally, if our game is successful in getting through Steam Greenlight, then we'll send a free Steam key to all of the Kickstarter backers as well.
- Beta Access - Backing at this tier will let you be one of the first people in the world to play Max's Big Bust. While the details of the beta haven't been finalised, this sneak peek will let you check out the first few hours of the game and allow you to take part in submitting bugs and feedback that will help shape the final version of the game.
- Art Prints - Choose this option and we'll ship you four art prints of characters from the game, signed by the author Lachlan Snell. There will be a print of Max, Holly, Ember and Victoria. The price for this tier includes worldwide shipping, and you'll also receive all previous rewards.
- Nekomimi - Captain Nekorai has cat ears, so why shouldn't you? We'll ship you hand made cat ears which you can clip onto your head to look like a badass, and we'll even include a signed thank you note from the creator. Backing at this level includes all previous rewards.
- Appear in the Game - Back at this tier and we'll base a NPC character in the game on you! Your character will be based on the description you provide us, and will appear throughout the story with their own dialogue. *Edit* - Your character will now have 3 unique outfits instead of just 1 as per the reward description. Swimsuits for everyone!
We have a number of slots available for this tier, and we'll be operating on a first come first served basis. Your character could be a store clerk at the mall, or a driver that's pulled over for a RBT on the highway. There's heaps of potential for these scenes, especially for drunken shenanigans, and your character will blend into the game seamlessly. The positions available are listed below:
- 1 - Clothing Store Clerk (Female) *TAKEN*
- 2 - Swimsuit Store Clerk (Female) *TAKEN*
- 3 - Fast Food Stand Employee (Male or Female)
- 4 - Lifeguard A (Male or Female) *TAKEN*
- 5 - Lifeguard B (Male or Female) *TAKEN*
- 6 - Fitness Instructor (Male or Female)
- 7 - Beach Babe (Female)
- 8 - Beach Hunk (Male) *TAKEN*
- 9 - Drunk Driver A (Male or Female) *TAKEN*
- 10 - Drunk Driver B (Male or Female)
- 11 - Dangerous Driver A (Male or Female)
- 12 - Dangerous Driver B (Male or Female)
- 13 - Robbery Victim A (Male or Female) *TAKEN*
- 14 - Robbery Victim B (Male or Female) *TAKEN*
- 15 - Car Hijacker (Male or Female)
- 16 - CoffeeShrine Foxgirl A (Female) *TAKEN*
- 17 - CoffeeShrine Foxgirl B (Male or Female) *TAKEN*
- 18 - Movie Usher (Male or Female)
- 19 - Train Service Employee (Male or Female)
- 20 - Butler (Male or Female) *TAKEN*
*Edit* - We've got quite a few messages from people asking if they can have a slightly different role in the story than what's listed above. We're pretty flexible, so if you've got something in mind send me a message here on Kickstarter and we can figure something out. ~ Lach :)
Max's Big Bust isn't the first visual novel I've created. I worked together with DKDevil on Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme (GBDNATE), a gender bender themed VN which was crowdfunded through Indiegogo. If you like the sound of Max's Big Bust and want to get an idea of what the game will be like, I highly recommend checking out GBDNATE on Steam.
While GBDNATE is still in production, the first 10 characters have been released and the last 3 characters are in the final stages of production. The game received over five times it's funding goal, and we were able to use these funds to produce an absolutely massive game with tonnes of replay value. We added heaps of custom characters based on backers and even incorporated puzzle gameplay elements into the mix. The game ended up being much bigger and much better than we initially anticipated, and our fan reaction has been really positive. We're really proud of what we produced, and I'm confident I can do the same thing again with this project.
You can check out GBDNATE via the following link:
Risks and challenges
I've created visual novels before and I know what it takes to deliver a quality product. I'm confident I can hit the release window of June 2016, but there is a slight chance the game might be delayed by a month or two if we hit all of our stretch goals.
I'll be posting project updates every two weeks after the project wraps up, so if there are any challenges to overcome then everyone will be kept in the loop.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)