In designing this wallet I set out with a list of specific goals. The Criteria were:
1. Lightweight- the wallet had to be comfortable in any pocket
2. Low Profile-it should be no thicker than a stack of three credit cards in the two plate configuration
3. Versatile- the wallet had to be adaptable to different circumstances and carrying options. A one, two, or three plate system became desirable. It also had to be able to offer extra retention and durability for use during extreme outdoor sports.
4. Tough-robust enough to handle any environment, the 16 ga aircraft grade aluminum will never wear out
5. Protection against RFID skimming-the design had to block RFID signals 100%
6. Left or right handed operation
7. Minimal Design-simple, elegant
8. Easy Access-credit/bank cards, business cards, and cash should be easily accessed and the bearer's main credit/bank card should have one hand access capability
9. Expandability-up to twenty cards
10. Attractive-it must have that I-Want-One look
What you get:
One standard order for the BLACK OPS WALLET comes with all three plates (front, back, and middle plate) and an extra set of retention rings. Two standard small rings, two standard large rings, and one set of heavy duty rings. The BLACK OPS WALLET is available in black, red, and blue. The middle plate in the three plate system is available only in black.
The middle plate is treated with a gel powder coat to prevent scratches to the phone.
ADD ON-The BLACK OPS WALLET is available with an optional Swiss keychain for optimal utility. Keep your wallet and your keys all together in one unit. Simply add on the additional $8 for the quick connect keyring to your pledge amount. At the end of the campaign you'll be asked to confirm your selection.
Available in black, red, and blue. Also available without the dagger cutout. Each order will have additional retention rings included.
Where we are now:
Our idea for a minimal, durable, metal wallet has gone through many design changes and several prototypes until we now have a working prototype that has been carried and used by our testers.
The BLACK OPS WALLETS will be manufactured by a local shop that is experienced in producing high volume metal products. They will be doing all laser cutting, polishing, anodizing, laser etching, and assembly of the BLACK OPS WALLETS. Being able to deal with a single shop avoids many of the obstacles that can occur in bringing a product to market. And the best thing is, our products will be MADE IN THE USA.
A crew of six volunteers are standing by to provide fulfillment for our orders from Kickstarter, but should the volume of orders overwhelm our crew, we are currently making arrangements for fulfillment by Amazon or another well known fulfillment center.
What we need:
We need your help to get this great product to market. The money raised by this project will pay for the manufacture of the first run of our product and demonstrate the demand in the market place.
Thanks for your help, I know you will enjoy the rewards for years to come.
The BLACK OPS WALLET puts your cards into stealth mode.
Risks and challenges
Every project has it's challenges. Some minor design changes may be needed in order to insure that the product is of the highest quality. All arrangements have been made with U.S. manufacturers to have the parts laser cut, polished, anodized, and laser etched.
Our biggest challenge is delivering on schedule. From experience, we've found that having a working prototype is not enough. In order to accurately calculate manufacturing time, a production run is needed. We have done our best to anticipate any obstacles and plan accordingly. I feel confident that we can deliver.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)