This project's funding goal was not reached on July 31, 2014.
About this project
Faux Life is a graphic novel of approximately 88 pages. This project is to fund the creation and printing of Part 1, the first 22 pages of the story. The full set of storyboards have been written and delivered to the artist, Robert Baumer - a.k.a. Soussherpa. His artwork is amazing...
Victoria has just moved to a new town with her family. She has the peculiar ability to grant temporary life to inanimate objects but does not know what to do with this talent. As she tries to fit in with others during her first year in high school, she must decide who to befriend and how to control her ability.
New Bonus Added
If funding is reached, I will pay to have all the pages colored.
Special Reward Level Added
At $125, 5 backers can become a minor character in Part 1 of Faux Life. The choices are:
1) Schoolmate on the school bus
2) Schoolmate in a classroom
3) Cashier at a clothing store
4) Man or woman on a public bus
5) Distracted Driver
I am trying to raise $4,000 for this project: $2,800 for the artist, $800 for printing costs, and $400 for Kickstarter and Amazon Payments fees. Please browse through the various perks at each of the funding levels.
- At the $12 level, the comic signed by both the artist, Soussherpa, and the author, Ethan Rappaport, is exclusive to Kickstarter.
- At the $25 level, the cover poster signed by the artist is exclusive to Kickstarter.
If funding is reached, the following stretch goals will be added:
- At $8,000 all backers will get Part 1 and Part 2 of the graphic novel
- At $16,000 all backers will get all four parts of the graphic novel as a single book
- Ethan Rappaport
Risks and challenges
There are few risks for this project. A contract is already in place with the artist and a printing company has already been chosen. It is possible for there to be delays in the delivery date if the artist becomes busy with other projects. If the artist is unable to complete the work, another artist with a similar style and talent will have to be found. If the printing company is unable to complete the print order or raises its prices, another company must be found to complete the job. These days, there are many high quality choices for digital printing.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)