Humanatomy: Learn human anatomy in an accurate and fun game
Need to know human anatomy? Learn it fast & easy. Games, stats, customizable flashcards, great images for the new student or old pro.
Do you want to be a doctor, nurse or manual therapist? Have you thought about being a fitness trainer, dancer or artist? Humanatomy is an educational iPad game to learn human anatomy.
Understanding the skeleton, muscles and using correct terminology are the foundations for the function and language of anatomy.
We want to make learning anatomy easy and fun. We want to use images that are easy to understand, while keeping the accuracy of the information. We want you to come back to the game to learn or review often.
Our team consists of teachers. Paula Jaspar, the founder, is a registered massage therapist and has been teaching since 1999. She has provided knowledge and her voice to the app and face the Humanatomy YouTube videos. Richard Hart, the app developer, teaches at BCIT, in Vancouver, BC. He has developed the playability of the app. Clint Morris, the artist, teaches at VanArts in Vancouver, BC. Clint, designed all the images for the app. Dr. Majid Doroudi, academic consult, teaches at the University of British Columbia. He has been our eyes for the accuracy of our images.
Humanatomy has incredible images. Learning anatomy can be challenging. Attractive, accurate images are hard to find. We had to design our own!
Humanatomy has human sound. You can listen and learn the terminology. Learning a new language is always better when you can press a button and hear it.
Humanatomy has a YouTube channel. You can learn and review all the bones and muscles of the app. You can also watch videos that clarify concepts of musculoskeletal anatomy. Want to know about the difference between isometric and isotonic contractions?
Our app will include the following:
1. Anatomy games. All our games are interactive with a combination of excellent images, correct terminology, and stats. You will be able to review, self test and track your improvements.
2. Reward and Tracking System. Earn badges for accuracy, speed and for improvement. The tracking system will monitor your improvements and challenges. If you are having trouble with one muscle, it will appear more often in the game.
3. Flashcards. We have the platform for the flashcard component. Each flash card will have the muscle image. You will be able to customize what you need to study. The origin, insertion, action, nerve and blood supply will be interactive. There are also tabs associated with each flashcard that takes you to a video, a memory aid or a note function. You will be able to build your own study decks.
We have multiple reward levels. What kind of swag would you like?
1. You could get our awesome new Humanatomy App. You’ll get the app content including: all the in app purchases of our first release.
2. You could have access to our members only section on our website. This will include fantastic learning resources for learning human anatomy.
3. Want some mail? We have our custom postcard. Personally signed by a team member.
4. We also have custom designed Humanatomy 1-inch pins. There are 11 different designs. All pins are randomly selected. If there's one you want, you'll have to trade for it.
5. You could be on our website Thank-you Backer page.
6. Want to be immortalized on our YouTube channel in our "Thank-you Backers" video?
7. We also 20 have awesome lunch boxes. This is a sneak peek to our future products. Yes, that is a magnet muscle. Do you know what muscles they are?
8. At our top tier reward level ($1000), you could take two of Paula's workshops in Vancouver or take a course with a friend. Or have a five-hour custom workshop built for you and five friends. The tier below ($500) includes one of Paula's workshops or a custom two hour workshop for you and five friends. Sorry, travel and accommodations are not included.
Our basic timeline is:
January 2014: Funding requirements met. Thank-you e-mails, postcards, pins and lunch boxes mailed.
March 2014: The website Thank-you page up. The "Thank-you Backers" video uploaded to YouTube.
June 2014: The app is completed and released.
We hope you will consider supporting Humanatomy! Thank-you!
Risks and challenges
Risks and Challenges
We have been self funding this project for almost two years. Our team is in place and we expect to be able to move full steam ahead.
Potential Challenges are:
1. The developing takes longer then anticipated for the app function. We are currently 60% developed. We hope to get the app to the app store by June 2014.
2. There may be a delay in developing the "Thank-you Backer" video. If there is a delay it will be due to our videographer working both on the east and west coast. We would keep all backers informed of the time line for completion.
3. Paula will do her best to have the workshop rewards completed as soon as possible. Delays may be due to availability. She expects all workshops to be redeemed by winter of 2015.
We expect to keep clear communication will all our backers of the status of this project. We are grateful for your support and confidence in Humanatomy.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (39 days)