First draft of Part Two!
Hello Kickstarter supporters: Grady and I have just finished a first draft of Part Two of The Cartoon Introduction to Climate Change! Here’s the new draft, both as a 1-to-a-page PDF and (recommended!) as 2-to-a-page PDF spreads. Although there are modest updates in Part One, most of what's new is in Part Two, which includes chapters on
- Ch 7: Global Warming (projections of CO2, temperature, etc.),
- Ch 8: H2O (climate change impacts on water as a solid, liquid, and gas),
- Ch 9: Life on Earth (impacts on ecosystems and humans)
- Ch 10: Beyond 2100 (with a focus on sea level rise), and
- Ch 11: Uncertainty ("unlikely" outcomes and insurance approaches).
Feedback is welcome via the wiki, or via email or hard copy or however else you might want to do it. Printer warning: If you’re going to print these pages, note that some of them have a lot of black coloring, so you might use up a lot of toner. Also note that some of the comments are in light-colored text that might be hard to read on a print-out.
What's next: We hope to have a 1st draft of the third and final Part (Chapters 12-16) in September as we head towards a winter completion date and a May 2014-ish publication date! The current draft of Part One is almost certainly a near-final version in terms of layout and structure, but of course if there are mistakes or disasters we will work to correct them, and we will continue to wordsmith until the bitter end. More substantive changes are likely for Part Two, so now's the time to holler!
Stay tuned, and many thanks,
Yoram and Grady