Have a great app idea? Now what? Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could instantly turn that idea into a real money-making app and launch it everywhere in the world? Apple has paid out over $15 billion dollars to app creators and there are millions of people building apps every single day.
Who is this class for?
I'm designing this class specifically for people that have an idea for an app but don't have a technical background. You’ll learn how to create an app without having to do the coding yourself.
I have been blown away by the support for this class. I would love to cover more topics in the class so that you can use them in your apps. Here are the stretch goals for the project.
$10K- Bonus Wireframing Course - All supporters who have preordered the “From Idea to App Store” class will get a free mobile wireframing course ($50 value) from one of the best UX designers in the industry - Oz Chen, founder of UXBeginner.com. The course will include 7 mobile app design lessons from his UNBOX: The Wireframing Course
What will be covered in "From Idea to App Store?"
Section 1 - Introduction
- How to Navigate This Course
- iOS app or Android app?
- Ingredient 1 of Great Apps - Innovative
- Ingredient 2 of Great Apps - Delightful
- Ingredient 3 of Great Apps - Connected
- Ingredient 4 of Great Apps - Optimized
- Ingredient 5 of Great Apps - Beautiful
- 3 Ways to Make Money from Apps
Section 2 - How to Create an App if You’re not Technical
- How to find a Technical Cofounder
- How to Outsource your App Idea
- Case Study - Coffee Meets Bagel
Section 3 - Testing and Validating your App Idea
- Introduction to Lean Product Design
- Test Your Product Hypothesis by Designing Experiments
- Test by Smoke Selling
- Test by Making a Product Demo Video
- Test by Using the Concierge Method
- Why It’s More Important to be Data Informed than Data Driven
- Exercise - Test Your Product Hypothesis Exercise Worksheet
- Test Your Product Hypothesis
Section 4 - Finding a Market Fit
- Learn the Tool - User SWOT Analysis to Understand the Market Landscape
- Do a SWOT Analysis on Dropbox
- PDF - Exercise Worksheet
- Compare Answers - Do a SWOT Analysis on Dropbox
- Make Your Product Stand Out by Doing a Competitive Analysis
- Discover How Big Your Opportunity is by Sizing the Market
- PDF - Worksheet - Size the Market
- Accelerate Your Product’s Growth by Spotting Key Trends
Section 5 - Building Empathy to Relate to Your Users
- Learn the Tool - Build Empathy by Making Personas
- Common Mistakes When Making Personas
- Video Story as Personas
- Exercise - Make a Persona
- Exercise Worksheet - Make a Persona
- Learn the Tool - Build Empathy by Making an
- Exercise - Create an Empathy Map Worksheet - Create an Empathy Map
Section 6 - Identify your App Features using a Feature Backlog
- Learn the tool - Pivotal Tracker
- PDF - Exercise - Create a feature backlog
Section 7 - How to Make the Perfect App Spec
- Wireframe overview
- Learn the tool - Wireframing tool
- Exercise - Create a wireframe
- Learn the tool - Prototyping tool
- Exercise - Create a prototype
Section 8 - App Store Submission
- How to Sign up as a Apple Developer
- How to Prep your App for App Store Submission
- Top Reasons Why Apps Get Rejected
- Closing Thoughts
How will the class be delivered?
The class will be delivered through Udemy, the most cutting-edge online learning platform available in the market today used by over 9 million students.
- Lifetime access
- 24/7 access to discussion forums
- 1080p HD video
- Watch content on Udemy's iPhone, iPad, and Android apps
What makes you a good teacher?
I've designed dozens of blockbuster apps for organizations like NASA, Ticketmaster and Live Nation. Some of these apps have millions users and bring in millions of dollars in revenue every day. In addition to creating apps for the big brands, I've also launched many smaller app projects ranging from restaurant coupon apps to inspirational quote apps on the Apple Watch.
I was recruited to work for Apple where I helped them scout out high-potential apps and mentored 3rd party app teams. So because I’ve been an Apple insider, the knowledge and wisdom that I’ll share with you won’t be available anywhere else.
I’ve taught dozens of workshops and courses for prestigious institutions like Stanford University, Art Center College of Design, and General Assembly and have launched 2 online classes on Udemy with over 3,000 students enrolled from all over the world. And you can tell how much value I’ve given my students by the hundreds of 5 star ratings and satisfied reviews left by my students.
I pour my heart and soul into every class I teach.
Do I have to attend class at a certain time?
No! You can watch the lectures whenever you want. You can watch the videos as many times as you want. This class will be taught on the Udemy platform. I'll also look at the discussion forums every single day and will answer whatever question you might have so I’ll be there learning with you every step of the way.
This class will include lifetime access. I'll also look at the discussion forums every single day and will answer whatever question you might have so I’ll be there learning with you ever step of the way.
Some rewards are bundled with other classes, what are they?
These two classes help you become better Product Managers. I’ve condensed all the Product Management wisdom I’ve gathered working at NASA, Apple, Ticketmaster, Live Nation into 2 comprehensive online courses. Each courses is packed with HD video content and interactive exercises that you can take at your own pace.
Bonus Class 1: The Complete Product Management Course
Learn the core skills that make up the entire Product Management process, from ideation to market research to wireframing to prototyping to user stories to Product Management leadership.
- Includes over 91 lectures and 6 hours of HD video content
- Build your product portfolio with 10 step-by-step exercises that will take your product from concept to spec
- Outside of Kickstarter, this class is priced at $119
Bonus Class 2: Master the Product Manager Interview - The Complete Guide
Learn the secrets to giving perfect answers at a Product Management interview, get noticed, and land multiple job offers
- Includes over 77 lectures and 5 hours of HD video content
- Deliver perfect answers to common Product Manager interview questions
- Outside of Kickstarter, this class is priced at $99
Learn more about bonus class 2 here: http://bit.ly/1SJwJXV
Who are you?
I led the design of NASA’s first iPhone app (10+ million downloads, 2+ million hits per day, NASA’s software of the year award) and co-founded the Airbnb for cars.
I'm an award-winning product manager, UX designer, lecturer, and international keynote speaker. Charles has taught product management at Stanford, UCLA, Art Center, and General Assembly and has mentored teams at NASA, Live Nation, and Apple.
Will you be updating the class in the future?
Yes, I spend time keeping the content up to date in all my classes.
Risks and challenges
Making a high quality class is not easy. There are a lot of things that can happen. But in the last year I've created 2 online courses on budget and on time. I'm ready to do the work and deliver a great class!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)