The IoT Relay
Imagine: A smart fish tank. DIY home automation. Industrial control. Wireless remote lighting. Home theater. Security. This is the Internet of Things. You can build anything imaginable with an Arduino. But how do you power real things -- like a coffee maker, lights or the heater for your 3-D printer?
Enter the IoT relay... an easy, affordable way to control the Internet of Things.
Connect any micro or WiFi adapter. It's simple -- only two wires. The high-voltage stays inside the box. Just hook it up and plug in. You'll have the power to handle large appliances reliability. Most of all it's priced right -- $19 + shipping. Less than it would cost to scrounge imported parts online.
Help us launch!
Nerdy Tech Specs
- Input 120VAC nominal 50/60Hz - recommended for the US only.
- Relay type SPDT (NO and NC outlets)
- Rated current 12 Amps continuous, 15A peak. Contact rating 30/40 Amps (over-designed for durability)
- Universal control voltage 3.3V to 60VDC or 12-120V AC Minimum lifetime 500,000 operations at full load
- Safety: optical isolation, hardware de-bounce & thermal circuit breaker
Built right. Have a look...
This is a re-incarnation of our previous campaign. We didn't reach our funding goal last time, but we never quit. We've borrowed money to keep this alive, and we're all working faster than ever to finish the job. Willis at Kickstarter was cool. He gave us an OK to re-list the project with a 48 hour timeframe and a $1 funding goal! This new campaign ends Monday at noon. Rest assured your relays will go out within 48 hours of funding!
Risks and challenges
The design is done and we're building based on your support! There's not much risk left at this point...
1. Our boss may croak from high blood pressure -- he could stand to lose some weight.
2. Fed-Ex may blow a tire carrying all those relays.
3. European & Canadian fans may kill us because we're only shipping to the US this time. Sorry! We will look at 220-240V designs and european outlet styles down the road.
Seriously, this is a low-risk project. We can do it. And we're ready to ship in record time. Give us a chance. Thanks Kickstarter!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (3 days)