This is the second album that Pannonia has recorded, following our debut album "Another Time, Another Place," which was also generously made possible by many of your support here on Kickstarter.
The album release show will be January 4, 2018 at one of the top venues in New York, Joe's Pub. Contributing to this Kickstarter campaign is your chance to get an advance copy (pre-holdiays)!
I'm very excited about this one, for a number of reasons:
- We are releasing it on VINYL (as well as CD). I have been dreaming of releasing a vinyl for years, and it's finally coming true! This will be released as a 33 1/3 rpm 12 inch vinyl, with two bonus tracks on a 45 rpm 7 inch record. The packaging also includes an 8 page booklet featuring...
- Brand new stories from award winning author Chris Tarry. Chris created 3 wonderful short stories about characters and places one encounters when traveling to Pannonia. I set these stories to music, and am very happy to have on this record...
- 3 guest singer/narrators! I invited three of my favorite singers to appear on this record. Sofia Rei, Nikolett Pankovits, and Heather Masse. They all did an amazing job of bringing these stories to life.
- Art! Each story has accompanying artwork by the amazing Kendall Eddy, who also designed the cover and layout for the whole record.
- My fellow core Pannonian band members sound amazing on this record... Zach Brock (violin), Ryan Keberle (trombone), Gary Wang (bass) and Ronen Itzik (percussion) all played their tails off, and even after listening to these tracks hundreds of times during the mixing and mastering process, I still love listening to the way these guys play this music.
Risks and challenges
This album has already been mixed and mastered, and is currently being produced in both the vinyl and cd format.
That means the only risk is me not being able to afford rent for a while without your help, so all contributions here will not only ensure that you get your album in advance of the official release date, it will also help maintain my status as an apartmented individual!
- (56 days)