About this project
Wooly Fair is Providence's own DIY art carnival, which we've been DIYing for the past seven years now. This year we're going To the Moon! The event takes place on 7/30/11 at the Steel Yard at 27 Sims Ave in Providence.
The Wooly Fair Space Station is modular structure made up of 21 individual pods, with each pod granted (along with a stipend) to an artist or maker or innovator to inhabit and re-imagine in the month leading up to the event. Then during the event itself the pods will all be joined together to form the Space Station where attendees of Wooly Fair will be able to interact with each artist's installation. Plus, during the Fair, the Pods will communicate with each other in ways that are both overt and mysterious.
Our requirements for Pod projects are the following:
- It must be interactive
- It must be ingenious
- It must be sustainable
- It must attempt to change minds
Anyone interested in applying for a pod, or learning more about the Space Station Project, please follow this link:
Why should you support this campaign?
1) This is a re-granting campaign. We're providing artists, makers, and innovators with a room of their own and a cash stipend to pursue their work.
2) Wooly Fair is run almost exclusively by extremely dedicated volunteers--who commit months of their lives to its build out. We have functioned year after year without major corporate sponsorship. Any donations you give alleviates the costs and gets us closer to actually paying people for their work.
3) Because you can purchase tickets for the event here at an excellent rate! Plus we have all sorts of other awesome swag in the offing.
4) Because we're going To the Moon! And that kind of thing is really a group effort.
Addendum! Our $200 reward includes paintings by Cara Blaine and Daniel Semeraro. We can't edit the reward at this point, but if we could we would insert this there. Sorry for the terrible oversight, Dan. Your galaxy paintings are great!
Support this project
- (30 days)