A prototype is a preliminary model of something. Projects that offer physical products need to show backers documentation of a working prototype. This gallery features photos, videos, and other visual documentation that will give backers a sense of what’s been accomplished so far and what’s left to do. Though the development process can vary for each project, these are the stages we typically see:
Proof of Concept
Explorations that test ideas and functionality.
Demonstrates the functionality of the final product, but looks different.
Looks like the final product, but is not functional.
Appearance and function match the final product, but is made with different manufacturing methods.
Appearance, function, and manufacturing methods match the final product.
How it Works Video / Shown here with Wine Art
This Idea for Table-Art was created when I was at my daughter's apartment in NYC, she was living in a very small apartment she had no space for a coffee table or for a dining or desk table. So I came up with the idea of Wall Hanging Art that turns into a coffee table and also a desk or dinning table.
Table-Art a great new patented idea In decor designed and invented by Mark Watts 24”X 36” beautiful anodized aluminum framed wall art that becomes an art faced coffee table and extends into a desk table. Hanging picture frame size is 24" X 36", 2" thick / Coffee table height 17" high / Desk table height 28". The art is changeable and ships with 2 or 4 great prints of Mark Watts Art. You can hang horizontal or vertical with 2 holes on Horizontal side and 2 on Vertical side. Also hangs well with 3M 17 Lb Velcro. Unit Weight is 14Lb.
Transformer Artist Mark Watts is the Original G1 Transformer Artist from 1981 and beyond he Illustrated 45 + boxes for the Transformer kids toys.
Also the Inventor of this Transforming Table-Art.
Own some of his Transformer Art and help fund this great project.
We created a prototype that worked well, although it needed some refinements. I thought what a useful great space saving concept so I researched the idea to see if a patent existed, to my surprise no one had a patent on this concept and no product like this existed in the market place. I already had my drawings and a working prototype so I applied for a patent and received a full patent in about 18 months. After about 10 prototypes we refined the product Table-Art to a streamlined very well constructed useful product. The 14 Lb weight is sturdy enough to be a table yet not to heavy to lift and hang on a wall. Made out of quality materials, anodized aluminum and stainless steel screws so the product will never rust. It is constructed so the art is fully interchangeable and ships with 2 pieces of art included but holds up to 4 pieces of art.
We really need your help funding this great useful space saving product. In order to make this affordable we need to produce a large enough volume to keep price down. We need to make tooling, molds, dyes and parts for a large production. So please help us fund this space saving and useful product Table-Art. If you are one of the first to help us you can receive your own Table-Art at a great savings of the retail price and also receive 2 or 4 great Mark Watts prints, one Transformer print and one Tropical Sail Boat print shown below or you can choose 4 prints in a few limited edition rewards.
I have a full Patent No: 9,295,323, B2
- Framed Wall Art that transformers into a coffee table and desk table.
- Has changeable art use any art or photo you like 24” X 36”.
- Ships with 2 or 4 great changeable pieces of art.
- Stable weight of 14Lb for coffee table, desk table and easy weight to hang.
- Hangs horizontal or vertical with hanging holes in unit, also can be hung with 3M 17Lb Velcro.
Make It your own / Add any family photo, photo, art or Transformer Art you like 22" X 34". Any Prints can be used in Table-Art, holds up to 4 prints. Unit ships with 2 or 4 Mark Watts prints. Add new prints any time you like.
* Prints Below shown Included with Table-Art.
* The 1st two prints are included in Table-Art rewards with 2 prints.
* All four prints below are included in Table-Art rewards with 4 prints.
* 22" X 34" Prints below are Giclee printed on premium luster photo paper archival Inks, signed by artist Mark Watts and can be used in Table - Art and are available in rewards area, Rewards Title: ( Signed Giclee Print 22"X34" ) Limited to 100 prints. Choose print you would like when it comes time.
* Signed Transformer prints below created from Mark Watts Original Transformer Art direct from his studio.
* These print rewards will help fund this great new space saving and functional product Table-Art with Transformer Art Included.
* Also Transformer signed print by Mark Watts Prints: 1, 2 or 3 below are available in size 8.5" X 11" Order in rewards area. Choice Transformer Print 1,2,3 when time comes time.
* Also Transformer digital download prints 1, 2 or 3 are available. Order in rewards area. Choice Transformer Print 1,2,3 when time comes.
Risks and challenges
The challenge is producing this new product Table-Art, a well made functional product with high standards. We were on top of this by producing a series of prototypes over 15, Then when the prototype was perfected we went on to produce a small number of hand done prototypes. We had people use them and see how they held up in everyday use. These were expensive because all hand done. We needed to work out potential problems in functionally and quality. Now that we have a good understanding of the product we need to produce plastic ejection molds for all connectors for aluminum as well as extruding aluminum molds. All materials on this product are non rusting and durable materials. With a high quality anodized aluminum frame. The delays could be in ejection molding and extruding tooling for aluminum but we don't think this will be a problem because we are working on this early in the production of the project. This product is made up of a number of parts in that we need to produce punch dies for ect. We are only working on this project Table-Art so it has our full attention, this will be a cool, great space saving quality product with nothing like it in the market place. The only other challenge we see is if this product Table-Art does very well on Kickstarter, is keeping up with a large production run. Please help us fund this great new useful space saving product, Thank You!