Plantario was designed as a convenient plant grower to save money, time, and reduce your ecological footprint while adding a nice stylistic touch to your home decor. Creates the perfect environment to grow plants indoor. Our great dream is to develop sustainable technology and equipment for residences that produce high quality, affordable and tasty vegetables.
This year we introduced Plantario ONE & Plantario MINI at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada. In doing so, we received a great amount of support and interest from fellow vendors, industry professionals, and general attendees. We also were honored with CES Innovation award from the Consumer Technoogy Association, the organization that organizes CES every year. We have started the year off strong and are excited to introduce you all to Plantario!
No need to spend time in the hot sun tending to your fruits, veggies, flowers, spices or herbs. Enjoy watching your greens grow in an optimal environment within Plantario ONE.
Plantario is neither hydroponic nor aeroponic.
After testing numerous hydroponic and soil type solutions, we ultimately chose the old-fashion way of growing food and developed our own organic soil for Plantario. Our substrate is considered the best combination of healthy nutrients, light soil media and has adaptability to all kinds of plants.
Equipped with an easy-to-use irrigation system, Plantario ONE waters for you. The automated system uses sub-irrigation that recirculates water. This makes Plantario ONE reliable, clean and easy to use. Automated irrigation can use up to 90% less water than normal growth conditions.
Plantario Mini is only available in manual watering mode.
Plantario’s patented lighting system was designed over a span of 18 months to accurately simulate natural light and reproduce solar radiation that plants would normally encounter outdoors.
Air circulation is fundamental for plant growth as it allows them to perform the highest level of photosynthesis. Plantario ONE comes equipped with a built-in ventilation system with fans that continuously renew air within Plantario. This keeps humidity and temperature at an optimum level.
Plantario ONE automatically repurposes the ventilated air to refresh and cool all electronic components on the unit. This engineering setup allows the equipment to operate silently, making it possible to install inside your bedroom! We also included a filter that prevents insects from coming into your Plantario.
The Plantario companion app helps you increase your knowledge of home gardening, giving you suggestions and tips while providing information on plants you can grow in your home garden.
Plantario's free companion app allows you to stay up to date with the latest tips specific to your gardening needs. Enjoy access to tips such as recipes and harvesting times specific to what you are growing. When you need additional fully organic soil and/or seeds, you can easily re-order them with the app via your iOS or Android devices.
Plantario ONE comes with dual functionality allowing you to automate your watering or switch to full manual to allow you to be more hands-on with your garden's growth by manually filling the water reservatory as needed.
No need to confine yourself to a specific plant. With Plantario ONE and Plantario MINI, you can mix and match fruits, veggies, and herbs without the concern of limiting the growth of any one plant, since Plantario provides an optimal environment suitable for any microgreen or herb you desire.
Plantario ONE is a DIYer's dream come true. Many home growing appliances require professional installation however, Plantario ONE was designed so you can easily integrate it into your kitchen by simply connecting it to your home's water supply.
We have a passion for ecodesign, organic living, and healthy living habits, which is why we focused on reflecting these values in the Plantario's design. With a clean body design and high-quality glass door, you can be sure you will be combining style, quality, and a user-friendly appliance to your home
With an energy consumption of only 80W, you can rest assure that Plantario has a minimal impact on the environment and on your energy bill, all while ensuring that your fruits and vegetables are fresh and pesticide free.
To assist you with leading a more organic and healthier lifestyle, we include dedicated pots and a special blend of soil (substrate) packs, that are 100% pesticide free. You will also receive an assortment of non-GMO seeds and a pair of disposable gloves, so you can exercise your green thumb as soon as your Plantario ONE or Plantario MINI arrives.
Mechanical engineer, Founder and tech designer. Triathlon practitioner, taekwondo black belt and NLP master.
Mechanical engineer. Founder and project designer. Marathon finisher, triathlon practitioner, healthy habits enthusiastic and food lover.
Mechanical engineer. Founder and tech designer. Passionate about surf, ski, healthy habits, innovation and positively impact people's lives.
Software Engineer with 18 years of experience. DIYer by passion likes to create the design and build things that help to improve life.
MBA degree,10+ years experience in strategic planning, in accelerated pace environments, fast-growing organizations. Passionate about innovation.
Entrepreneur, 20+ years experience in manage startups and IT companies. Passionate about innovation and new technologies.
Systems Analyst. Army veteran. Nascar, country music and craft beer aficionado.
Plantario is a startup on a long path. Let's run it together!
Our team aims to inspire people to have a more efficient relationship with technology, food, and nature. We share the same purpose and lifestyle: Friends, mechanical engineers, triathlon practitioners and healthy habit enthusiasts.
What is the purpose of Plantario?
- Our purpose is to positively impact the daily lives of people and the world. We strive to provide a stronger connection between nature and memorable family experiences. For this, we create home appliances that create the perfect environment for growing vegetables, herbs, flowers, etc.
What is Plantario?
- The Plantario is the complete solution for you to grow your favorite vegetables at home. The equipment automates lighting, ventilation, and irrigation with style and practicality.
Why have a Plantario?
- The Plantario allows your family to have a home garden in a practical, easy and fun way, providing fresh, organic and tasty vegetables all year round. The Plantario allows you to eat what you plant, knowing the exact origin of your food and harvesting only what you need to use - grow, cook and eat.
How to grow plants with the Plantario?
- Put our special soil into the pot, place the seed in the ground, turn on the product and harvest the best vegetables in your home.
What comes with the Plantario ONE?
- The Plantario ONE comes with a complete kit to start your garden. This kit contains: (1) large size white Plantario with (9) Special Pots (1) Special Potting Soil pack, (9) Packs of Assorted Seeds, (1) Small shovel (1) Pair of disposable gloves (1) Hose for connection to the hydraulic network.
What comes with the Plantario MINI?
- The Plantario MINI comes with a complete kit to start your garden. This kit contains: (1) small size white Plantario with (4) Special Pots (1) Special Potting Soil pack, (4) Packs of Assorted Seeds, (1) Small shovel (1) Pair of disposable gloves.
How do I install the Plantario?
- The Plantario ONE and the Plantario MINI can be easily installed by anyone. To do this, simply follow the manual instructions and/or watch the instructional videos on our website.
Why plant in a protected environment?
- In nature, plants encounter adversities that slow down and/or paralyze their growth. In the Plantario, the plants are protected and, therefore grow two to three times faster than in a conventional environment.
What type of lighting is used in the Plantario?
- The lighting system of the Plantario is build out of LED's, which spectrum's simulates sunlight, allowing you to grow nutritious and healthy plants with low energy consumption.
What is the approximate power consumption of the Plantario ONE?
- The Plantario ONE has an operating power of approximately 80 W. This power usage generates an approximate consumption of 1.44 kWh/day. The Plantario ONE has an energy saving button that when activated reduces this consumption to approximately 1 kWh/day.
What is the approximate power consumption of the Plantario MINI?
- The Plantario MINI has an operating power of approximately 40 W. This power usage generates an approximate consumption of 0.72 kWh/day. The Plantario MINI has an energy saving button that when activated reduces this consumption to approximately 0.5 kWh/day.
What is the approximate water consumption of the Plantario ONE?
- Approximately 0.26 gallons per day. This consumption can vary since it is directly related to the cultivated plants and to their respective stage of development.
What is the approximate water consumption of the Plantario MINI?
- Approximately 0.10 gallons per day. This consumption can vary since it is directly related to the cultivated plants and to their respective stage of development.
How long does it take before I can harvest?
- This time can vary greatly from plant to plant, for example: arugula can be harvested 20 days after germination, while rosemary if grown from seed, can take 70 days. It is worth remembering that these times are 2 to 3 times faster than when compared to cultivation in an external area. Another difference in relation to the harvest is that with traditional crops (where production is far away from where it will be consumed) the harvest is done by removing the whole cultivated plant. In the Plantario it is advised that you take only what you will consume, according to the development of branches and leaves.
How many hours per week do I need to devote to my garden to have a continuous harvest?
- With the Plantario the main needs of the plant are automated, so your only tasks are to plant and harvest. So 1 hour a week is more than enough to keep the process going. This time used for planting and harvesting is a great opportunity to relax and enjoy a moment closer to nature.
Can I use common seeds or should I purchase them from Plantario?
- We recommend the use of Plantario seeds to ensure the best productivity, performance, and flavor. You can use other seeds if you wish, but plant growth can be affected.
Can I use common substrate/earth or should I purchase it from Plantario?
- We recommend the use of Plantario substrate. We tested different substrates and no one else had the same productivity and quality of plant compared to the Plantario substrate. Our substrate has a guaranteed origin and is produced with materials that are healthy and pesticide free. You can use other substrates if you wish, but plant growth can be affected.
Which plants can be grown in the Plantario?
- All types of plants! Spices, salads, teas, flowers, such as: lettuce, arugula, basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, peppers, nasturtium, pansy, coriander, pennyroyal, mint, marjoram, chives, parsley, curry, wheatgrass, sunflower, kale, cherry tomatoes, lemon balm, mustard, spinach.... You can also use the Plantario for the development of tree seedlings and plants for the other parts of your garden.
How does the Plantario ONE irrigation work?
- The Plantario ONE irrigation system is a technological innovation, registered and patented by Plantario that allows the ideal amount of water for all plants at any stage of development. Plantario ONE has pumps and sensors that irrigate your plants from underneath the pot, that is, by sub-irrigation, at a certain period and frequency during the day and allow for each plant to absorb the amount of water desired for its ideal growth.
How does the Plantario MINI irrigation work?
- The irrigation system of the Plantario MINI is a technological innovation, registered and patented by Plantario to supply the ideal amount of water to all plants at any stage of their development. Plantario MINI irrigates your plants through irrigation wicks that maintain a constant flow of water to the substrate and thus allow each plant to absorb the amount of water desired for its optimal growth.
Can the Plantario ONE be connected to the hydraulic system?If not, how often do you have to fill it up?
- Yes, and by doing this you have even more autonomy to enjoy and travel without having to worry about how your plants are. If you do not have access to a water outlet at the place you want to install your Plantario, rest assured, the equipment has a tank with a capacity of 3.96 gallons. For this case, you will have autonomy of approximately 20 days.
Can the Plantario MINI be connected to the hydraulic system?
- If not, how often do you have to fill it up? The Plantario MINI cannot be connected to the hydraulic network and therefore has a reservoir of 2.64 gallons that provides autonomy of up to 20 days.
How often should I change the substrate in the pots?
- The time to exchange the substrate in the pots depends on the cultivated plant, ranging from 2 to 6 months. Knowing if it is time to replace it is very simple, just observe the decrease in growth and development of your plants.
How do I get more materials (seeds and substrate)?
- When purchasing your Plantario also buy a Plantario Kit and receive substrate and seeds directly at your home. You can also choose to buy materials at markets and flower shops.
How does the Plantario Kit work?
- The Plantario Kit contains seeds and substrate to keep your home vegetable garden going. The kit is delivered to your home.
Can I use seedlings or just seeds?
- You can use both! The use of seedlings is an excellent cultivation option depending on the plant to be cultivated. Some plants have a long germination period, in these cases, we recommend the use of seedlings. Pay attention to the quality of the seedling acquired. Sometimes they can come with other unwanted items, such as weeds and pests. The seeds are super easy to plant and allow you to follow the step by step development of your plants!
How should the equipment be maintained and cared for?
- The only necessary maintenance is pruning, harvesting and planting. Cleaning can be done every 6 months. This cleaning is very simple, similar to other appliances and is well explained in our instruction manual.
In case of doubt, how do I contact you?
- Contact us when and how you feel is best for you! It can be by email, phone, social networks, or even here on Indiegogo. Your experience with the product is very important to us. We strive to positively impact the day to day lives of people and the world by delivering a complete solution for people to plant at home. We want to maintain a close and responsive channel of communication with you. We want to be helpful and assertive in solving any problems or doubts that may arise when using the Plantario ONE or MINI.
How does the warranty work?
- The warranty is valid for any manufacturing problem with your equipment. As soon as the problem is identified, please contact us and we will evaluate it and send you new equipment to replace the damaged one. The warranty is valid for 6 months from the moment of receipt.
- Early Birds equipment will be delivered in August 2018. Equipment purchased in the Next Pricing Level will be delivered in September 2018.
- You will receive the Plantario delivered to the address registered at the time of purchase. The delivery will be done by a shipping company.