Frequently Asked Questions
If you are a Super Early Bird backer, the best way to add more Smart Radiator Valves is to wait till the end of the campaign. A survey will be sent out where you will be able to choose your valve's colour and add additional valves at the Super Early Bird price point.Last updated:
Our smart radiator valves have the anti-seize feature and the interval is programmable from the mobile app. We will look into making the time also programmable. Currently it is set to noon +/- some small random time to avoid all radiator valves doing it at the same time.Last updated:
The app will allow you to control your boiler, in the future, via our Smart Boiler controller.Last updated:
Yes, there is a boost button (a rounded square feature in the middle of the top face). Typically it will be used to increase temperature by a preset value for a preset period of time.Last updated:
This question as been asked several times, as you may already have installed a hub or thermostat from one of these systems. We will be providing exposed API that will enable 3rd party integration in the future. This is one of the stretched goals as well. However, which system gets priority and what features are integrated will be decided in due course.Last updated:
Please have a look at Backer FAQ at Kickstarter.
There are 3 quite typical scenarios to consider.
1. You have no thermostat and all the controls are done from the boiler or you have a legacy (non-smart) controller. In this situation, you would set your boiler to auto/on and let it run. The smart valves will act like a smarter version of TRVs. So on top of the typical thermostatic response to increasing/decreasing temperature, other things would be possible - weather prediction, geolocation, scheduling, and learning as well as anti-seize, auto-balancing and of course increased comfort and energy savings.
2. In this situation, you already have a 3rd party smart thermostat. There are 3 options here. A - leave the stat in auto/on and the situation is quite similar to the above 1. B - leave your current settings and our system will shortly learn your schedules and habits and work seamlessly with the smart stat. Your additional advantages are perfect comfort when you need it in every room/zone and additional energy savings.
3. You replace your existing stat (smart or otherwise) with our Smart Boiler Controller (to be released in Feb/March 2018) and your entire heating is now fully controlled from Novo Go App. This is the perfect combination and allows for best energy savings and comfort.Last updated:
First of all, we would like to say that there are many great devices out there. Their manufacturers and designers have done a fantastic job and there is no doubt the users will be happy to use them.
We believe, however, that we take the smart valve concept to the next level
* We offer much better value for money.
* We use different protocols and expose APIs so integration with 3rd parties is possible.
* Our valves plus recover energy so there is no need to change batteries.
* Finally, we use custom cloud learning algorithms.
* At the same time, we offer products that are beautifully made and will last for a long time.Last updated:
Our Smart Boiler Controller, as its name suggests, connects and controls your boiler. It works with the rest of Novo devices and communicates directly with the Superhub.
- 2 - 4 channels (relays, voltage or volt/free)
- open therm connectivity (insertable module)
- eBus module may be released if there is sufficient interest
- potential for other protocols
- works with Novo Go App
The release date is scheduled for the end of Feb, shipping will start in early March. Pre-orders can be taken up to 60 days before the shipping starts.
The RRP of the device will vary depending on the number of channels and included connectivity. The basic 2 channel model will retail at £45, open therm option will be an additional £15Last updated:
The valves are very quiet. In fact, they were so quiet in our test that on a few occasions we had to physically check that they moved as requested.
However to make them "bedroom friendly" we introduced a feature called "silent mode". In this feature, the valve will move at a very slow pace which will make it almost imperceptibly quiet.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question